BlizzCon is over.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/04/2018 12:29 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Thanks for being rational folks, even if we feel terrible. I have a short layover in Chicago now. I get back to the east coast late then will spend time with dad who is house and cat sitting for me. It feels like a really long weekend! I really hope they actually do have some sort of statement for us later in the week.

Hi I was just wondering if you could answer my question I wrote directly? Thanks.
Blizzard sold out, they have seemingly been entirely taken over by corporate Activision more concerned about a quick buck than making quality games people will love for years. It's all about those predatory MTs that is taking the industry by storm. It feels bad, man.
11/04/2018 07:19 AMPosted by HeatherS
... And still nothing here, silence. No blue post to be found, no one offering any clarification, nothing. Just silence. Silence among all of this anger. Do you guys really not know how to deal with this? After 20 years? Are you that out of touch? Do something Blizzard, we are awaiting your explanation. Your silence does nothing to help this situation. Communication is key in any relationship, and right now it REALLY seems like you're giving us the cold shoulder.

I had recently reinstalled Diablo 3 and been playing it with excitement over a cool announcement. They screwed up with D3 but have gone with it. Yeah, I've uninstalled it. NO faith in blizz ever again.
11/04/2018 02:51 PMPosted by blurst

I'd say it's for the best if they carefully plan official response. "Don't you guys have phones" was a off the cuff response that obviously didn't go over well.

But on the flip side, I've been feeling that a big reason the damage has gone as far as it has is because higher ups preventing them from announcing any of the other "multiple projects."

Like Rhykker, I still think they're making a real Diablo 4 behind the scenes and they know if they could have said it was coming for the hardcore fans it would go a long way to mend the situation.

I really wished I shared your optimism - honest, I really wished I did, but for me I've reached my breaking point. In short its the same with George Lucas. After he said "You don't like it, don't watch" & "All the books throughout the years are non canon", I never looked backed after the abomination that was Episode 3.

Same also with Bioware's Mass Effect and Dragon Age (thank you EA).
11/04/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Pokute
11/04/2018 12:29 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Thanks for being rational folks, even if we feel terrible. I have a short layover in Chicago now. I get back to the east coast late then will spend time with dad who is house and cat sitting for me. It feels like a really long weekend! I really hope they actually do have some sort of statement for us later in the week.

Hi I was just wondering if you could answer my question I wrote directly? Thanks.

About being Community Manager? Others covered that and I thought you already had your answer. They were right. I am not a Community Manager. I don't work for Blizzard in any way. I can say what I want within the bounds of the forum Code of Conduct. I do tend to try to be mature about things, but am allowed to be human and have opinions.

You can read the MVP FAQ here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/4038704716
They are gonna say nothing. They are gonna leave it and wait untill the waters calm down.
Just ignore that immortal garbage and dont play it.
Just look at the new leadership of the company. That should explain everything.
11/04/2018 07:48 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I honestly don't expect anything this weekend. Maybe next week. Nothing they say right now will help. Nothing short of an admission this was a poor pr decision to announce it for the na pc audience at blizzcon. Second, more info on pc future is needed.

We are well within our rights to be upset and disappointed. I am as you all know. Flying today. Please be kind. I will have more rational thoughts when I get back to the PC ton8ght or tomorrow.

You want be to be kind to the people who pretty much just spat on me <.<
It's the weekend and Blizzcon just ended. Let them get back to their homes, spend time with their family, and clear their minds.

Once Monday comes and they get back to work then we may get something. But honestly we won't, Activision is just going to ignore the backlash and print Yuen or whatever the currency is in China.

It will not get better for them or us, as soon as their predatory microtransaction model is revealed the backlash will be worse. And this is just the beginning of many more Blizzard games turned into greedy mobile cash grabs
"It's fun, trust me."
11/04/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Ram
It's the weekend and Blizzcon just ended. Let them get back to their homes, spend time with their family, and clear their minds.

Once Monday comes and they get back to work then we may get something. But honestly we won't, Activision is just going to ignore the backlash and print Yuen or whatever the currency is in China.

It will not get better for them or us, as soon as their predatory microtransaction model is revealed the backlash will be worse. And this is just the beginning of many more Blizzard games turned into greedy mobile cash grabs
My words. Just ignore DI.
I'm sad its over.

I can't wait for Blizzcon 2019....who's with me? I'm sure they will have another great Diablo announcement.
Part of me is feeling so disillusioned with Blizz, something I've been feeling more and more over the past 5 years, I want to just straight up tell them if they want to alienate their audience that built them up into the success they are so much and chase after easy money in China, why not just pick up HQ and move over there and only produce mobile games for them?

Screw this new direction, for real...
Just give the ip to cd project red or bethesda, blizztards and stop ruining your own games
Best thing that everyone in this community can do is next Blizzcon when that comes around either A: dont buy tickets or dont go, or B: if you still want to go see another games showing just dont go sit in at the diablo event leave them seats empty asf it sends a real clear message that they lost their fans.
I'm not a cosplay/blizcon type - just a mid/late 30's guy that played the entire Blizzard suite from day dot. Especially Diablo. So many hours sunk into that universe.. you all know how it is.

I've watched all of this unfold over the last few days and now feel like a fool for genuinely believing that they were going to come back and say that they were joking and drop the real announcement a day after letting us sizzle and pop over the faux 'announcement'. Boy was I wrong.

The company is a shell of it's former self imo. It's nothing like the early days.

They can continue to play up the announcement to their new target market in China, and let's face it - that's where the money is going to be. But they've shanked their original core player base in the back, and no matter how they now line their coffers - the very heart and soul of the company has long since departed. That much is obvious.

Try as they might, there is no way to hide it either.
What I dont understand is she said they're not done with d3 but we literally got nothing isnt the whole point of blizzcon for these sort of things? They're in full damage control anything they say cant be trusted.
Blizzard doesn't care about you as customers, they want that sweet, succulent MTX dosh. Idiotic whales will spend enough money on this that your opinions won't matter.
most likely they are waiting for everything to cool down and at the same time monitoring and brainstorming to come out of it...
11/04/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Machkezhno
Best thing that everyone in this community can do is next Blizzcon when that comes around either A: dont buy tickets or dont go, or B: if you still want to go see another games showing just dont go sit in at the diablo event leave them seats empty asf it sends a real clear message that they lost their fans.

no, they should sit and as the presentation start just stand up and leave, to make sure the seats remain empty