Time to make a statement already!

General Discussion
It is killing me. Why all the silence? By this point someone should have posted something. I have been a fan of Blizzard games going all the way back to Lost Vikings and Rock N Roll Racing.

What in the hell is going on? Activision/Blizzard is literally destroying itself. Not being taken out by other companies but by the loss of faith from investors and gamers.

Time for some real damage control. Silence is obviously only making things get worse. Open up a line of communication already. Something beyond the same lines of we got multiple teams working on multiple projects.

You made better games when you had just a few projects in developments. Now you got us all worried over quality as well. Not to mention all the rumors floating around.

Please Blizzard, make a statement already!
Maybe one day... I'm not holding my breath, I know they'll probably wait for Blizzcon 2019 to announce anything major... Until then they are not going to confirm nor deny anything
Well you see, a lot of heat has been removed from Blizzard now, thanks to the whole Fallout 76 debacle. So now that they don't feel the heat anymore, they probably don't think it's a big deal if they just continue doing what they have always done and be silent. Why do they need to cover themselves anymore if no one is focusing on them now.
11/26/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Gryphandor
You made better games when you had just a few projects in developments. Now you got us all worried over quality as well. Not to mention all the rumors floating around.

Diablo 3 was awful when it was first released. RoS saved the game.

Time for some real damage control. Silence is obviously only making things get worse. Open up a line of communication already. Something beyond the same lines of we got multiple teams working on multiple projects.

They did speak to us, it just wasn't what most of us wanted to hear. There are multiple interviews out there following Blizzcon as well as articles from game journalists.

What in the hell is going on? Activision/Blizzard is literally destroying itself. Not being taken out by other companies but by the loss of faith from investors and gamers.

Hyperbole? Blizzard is fine. Only part of the stock drop was because of Blizzard. And even then, the correction is already over. Their stock even recovered a little bit since then. To be honest it's a good time to buy their stock and play the long game. It'll probably go up again next year during Blizzcon when we get actual new-game release news.
I would assume they have a statement ready.

Now it would be a matter of making sure it's the right one.

Not right for us, not right for them, but right for the situation. Backlash after BlizzCon was no joke and sometimes it takes time to come up with a proper statement.

Not that they feel they owe it, because we certainly feel that.

We'll see.
I mean, I'd love for them to make a statement but I'm not holding my breath. The rant posts are dying down and with ptr announced other posts ramped up. As much as I don't like it, their sit and wait strategy is working. People are tired of complaining and just leaving. I wish people had more endurance when it came to stiff like this but sadly they don't. I can't believe they haven't made an update since blizzcon (I don't count the non-statement from the 7th...)
What statement are you expecting ?

Cancelling D:I?
Remaking D2?
New big D3 content?

We made money from D3 only in China thanks to you (removal of trade), so we decided to develop mobile game for chinese guys. Because Diablo in china means constant cash flow?

When everyone was expecting a new pc stuff, anouncing mobile game was wrong?

We are sorry we cant seperate from Activision right now it will cost us hundreds of million dollars?

That will never gonna happen.

Thay already said that they had unanounced PC projects about diablo.

And you know that D4 takes years to develop. Even we are sure about they're working on D4 it wont be available in 3 years.

They dont want to anounce a game that they may cancel it in the future(titan, ghost, couople of times D2, D3 epansion) or will take years to develop.

You cant anounce a game before 4 years in these days. Things are moving, changing super fast. It's not 2008 anymore.
I mean, I'd love for them to make a statement but I'm not holding my breath. The rant posts are dying down and with ptr announced other posts ramped up. As much as I don't like it, their sit and wait strategy is working. People are tired of complaining and just leaving. I wish people had more endurance when it came to stiff like this but sadly they don't. I can't believe they haven't made an update since blizzcon (I don't count the non-statement from the 7th...)

Is this a win situation ?
It is killing me. Why all the silence? By this point someone should have posted something. I have been a fan of Blizzard games going all the way back to Lost Vikings and Rock N Roll Racing.

I keep seeing people make this statement. What exactly is the community expecting to hear?
11/26/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Orbit

I keep seeing people make this statement. What exactly is the community expecting to hear?

Some of that engagement they talked about on the 7th... Engage about D3 improvements... about D:I concerns... the future of Diablo as a whole. Literally anything.
I think they started working on the D4 about 3 weeks ago so they don´t have much to show :-)
11/26/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Vondry
I think they started working on the D4 about 3 weeks ago so they don´t have much to show :-)

These games take a huge amount of time to create. I'm confident in the leaks that are out there. They probably did start in 2016 after the dark-souls-type game was scrapped.

If the hearsay is true, then we can assume we'll have a demo/showcase in 2019 blizzcon, and maybe a release 2020/2021.
11/26/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Sknilegap
11/26/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Orbit

Some of that engagement they talked about on the 7th... Engage about D3 improvements... about D:I concerns... the future of Diablo as a whole. Literally anything.

let's see.. D3 improvements? they released a patch with balances to test out.

Regarding D:I and the future of Diablo? That's management stuff and these kind of things usually takes time. Besides, i wasn't aware there was a time limit on when they would respond.
You got a D3 patch recently. That's all for now
11/26/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Kaelos
You got a D3 patch recently. That's all for now

And you know what? If it was just about D3 or Diablo Immortal that would be one thing but my concern is over Blizzard as a company.

Now knowing more about pay rates and some of the internal issues going on among members of the staff almost sums up the lack of Blues on here or any of the General game forums. These people are over worked and under paid. Why would they go out of their way for us anymore? They wouldn't and clearly don't.

Don't we all deserve to know what is going on? Again this isn't about Diablo 4 or what's next. It is about a company I have loved and supported for years keeping a path of communication open and telling us what is going on. It isn't something I am demanding. It is kind of what I would expect a company to do when things are going bad.

If this all keeps up we might not even see a Blizz-con next year and I do not want that to happen. I mean Activision sort of made the first announcement. They got their foot in the door. How much further will it go? We need some of the old Blizzard back!
I highly doubt we'll get that, but even just ditching the vague "multiple teams on multiple projects" terminology and confirming that Immortal is a separate team and another full-scale Diablo game is in the works would be all we need to hear. I don't need them to do a full unveiling before it's "ready."

Frankly, that is my understanding of what "multiple teams on multiple projects" means and I believe it to be the case, after the Schreier article. But in terms of the general negativity in the community? You don't have to confirm the whole Project Fenris thing specifically if you don't want to, but just a base acknowledgement that the "multiple projects" includes a non-mobile game would suffice.
Here is your statement: "We hear you" and another: "Don't you guys have phones?"