What's STOPPING them from making DI playable on PC?

General Discussion
It can't be as simple as "They don't feel like it", right? There are people who prefer keyboards and mouses to tapping screens. There are people, like me, who don't have tablets. We might not buy the game if the only way to play it was on the phone, but we WOULD buy the game if we could play it on PC.

Even if they make a buttload of money from selling to people who like mobile games, they can make that buttload of money plus ANOTHER buttload of money from sales to people like the majority of forumgoers here.

So why would they not, if they want to make money? Would it require a ton of extra work? Would it cost some ridiculous amount to make a PC version of this already-completed game?

I'm not angry as much as I am confused, and I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this, or has a guess as to the likely answer.
You dont want this ebola on your PC, trust me.
Because they're idiots. They would rather tell you what they think you want then listen to actual feedback and give the consumer what they want.
Nope, it was developed for mobile platforms iOS and Android. The code is different but on top of everything Diablo immortal is just a reskined game of the studio they are "partnering" with. To come to PC they have to rewrite it and when blizzard hasn't written the code it would be funny to see how long it'll take to port it to PC.

Still who would want a new D3 game?
Because its not a game, its a cashgrab.
Doesnt make much sense to "wait 60mins or pay 4.99 to ress" on a PC, now does it?
Porting this game to PC would be a disaster.

In order to survive the PC market - it needs to be made with a PC First mindset.
Then downscale and *****ify the game so it *works* on mobile.

Basically what Fortnite looks like on PC then how it looks like on Mobile.
If they made Fortnite BattleRoyale on Mobile first then brought it to PC it would never be a success.
11/03/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Zeratuss
Nope, it was developed for mobile platforms iOS and Android. The code is different but on top of everything Diablo immortal is just a reskined game of the studio they are "partnering" with. To come to PC they have to rewrite it and when blizzard hasn't write the code it would be funny to see how long it'll take to port it to PC.

I see. Thank you.

Still who would want a new D3 game?

Well, I shelled out money for Rise Of The Necromancer, so... *raises hand*
money (for nothing).. na na nanaa
Because the game is Diablo assets pasted on top of a mobile game engine, it would not function on a PC unless blizzard actually cared about the Diablo franchise and wanted to do some real game development.

Why do that when you can write a half-!## story send your 10 year old assist to another studio and collect money.
Laziness. Star Trek Timelines did this. Originally came out on mobile then was ported to PC. The thing is it still is a mobile game which means time gates and heavily monetized garbage.
11/03/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Aguy
It can't be as simple as "They don't feel like it", right? There are people who prefer keyboards and mouses to tapping screens. There are people, like me, who don't have tablets. We might not buy the game if the only way to play it was on the phone, but we WOULD buy the game if we could play it on PC.

Even if they make a buttload of money from selling to people who like mobile games, they can make that buttload of money plus ANOTHER buttload of money from sales to people like the majority of forumgoers here.

So why would they not, if they want to make money? Would it require a ton of extra work? Would it cost some ridiculous amount to make a PC version of this already-completed game?

I'm not angry as much as I am confused, and I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this, or has a guess as to the likely answer.

It is about effort. Say, you are planning to buy generic chineese game, reskin it and milk your community. You get some graphic designers, pay them and you are good to go on all platforms this chinese game previously worked. Effort: Little to none. Profit: very high.

Now you think about going to PC. What does it mean? It means you will either have to hire engineers or make your own engineers work on some chinese company mobile code to port it to PC. That is not something so easy and amazing to make. Add to that, your diablo department does not have enough resources already because it gets nothing worth announcing for 6 years straight except for Reaper of Souls. You could also try paying chinese mobile game developer to port heir game on PC but if they are not proficient in doing that (and they are not, they are mobile game designers), their price will be even higher.

Profit? Little to none, because "you all have phones". Im not sure how many people play generic chinese mobile games on their PCs, but I doubt they are worth the trouble.

You could do that to make your fans less pissed about it, but then again, if I start naming what else you could do to make diablo fans less pissed in the past 6 years, I wont have a chance to stop.
It'd be so simplified and dumbed down there'd be no point in even playing on PC if you could. It's designed for using 2 thumbs to control.

Plus there would still be all the !@#$ing micro transactions in PC version.

Just putting a %^-* game on PC doesn't fix anything.
Because this game is created for mobile Operating systems, and architecture which is ( I imagine) much different than that of Mac or PC.
You can download cell phone emulators and play it that way via pc if so desired.
Why would you want a simplified and watered down version of D3 on your PC when you already have standard D3?
There are about 100 other similar games in google store/iphone store(whatever thats called)... Why blizzard D:
I will skip this game completely.
11/03/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Snusdosan89
You dont want this ebola on your PC, trust me.

that
it is because it is a reskin Deckard Cain: Stay awhile and buy 500 gems for $4.99 https://youtu.be/41XpjeCRrsk?t=238
The game itself is a lesser version than any other game in the franchise so far. You'd need to port that game to have a product that is worse than D3. Graphic fidelity, long-term play, game mechanics like skill system and almost guaranteed a watered down gear system.

You add all that together and it becomes a question of how much more harm than good will this actually do. The game might end up being great for phones, but that doesn't mean it translates well. It will always be a game made for phones. It just highlights the lack of Diablo content for PC even more.
The blind complaining about the blind. Think Android Emulator for PC... My grandkids use https://www.bluestacks.com/

I'd rather play stick ball with the other crippled up old farts in my neighborhood than play DI.
11/03/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Gemballa
Why would you want a simplified and watered down version of D3 on your PC when you already have standard D3?

I don't know how typical I am, but I'm the sort of person who's willing to pay (if it isn't too unreasonable a price, of course) for new content in an old game. New maps, new quests, new story, etc.

It's like some time ago, I had Arkham Asylum, and then they released Arkham City, which I bought. Why buy the sequel when I have the first installment? Same reason people pay money to see movie sequels instead of just watching the first movie over again.

EDIT TO ADD: Mind you, if I had heard that Arkham City sucked elk !@#$%^-*s, I wouldn't have bothered with it. And if that's what I end up hearing about DI after it comes out, I won't bother with that either.

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm astonished that the auto-filter censors the clinical, family-friendly word for male reproductive organs.