D4: More & More sources claiming...

General Discussion
That it's actually in the works. How can this be if Blizz themselves haven't come our to say this is factual?

If this is damage control on Blizz's, how would lie like this help in any way. It would be like putting Scotch Tape® on a hemorrhaging wound and calling it a Bandaid®, it would serve no purpose.
11/11/2018 01:45 PMPosted by DieHard
That it's actually in the works. How can this be if Blizz themselves haven't come our to say this is factual?

If this is damage control on Blizz's, how would lie like this help in any way. It would be like putting Scotch Tape® on a hemorrhaging wound and calling it a Bandaid®, it would serve no purpose.

When you say "in the works" do you mean in development?
Diablo 4 is pure speculation on both sides of it. You calling it a lie is only enforcing your own speculation as a fact. The same thing those other sources are doing.
Their "greatest developers" are working on mobile games.

If D4 ever comes out, you can expect another endless grind like D3 and BFA with rehashed content, pre-purchase bonuses, and paid DLC (that is already available when the game launches, it's merely segmented and delayed for profit).
11/11/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Kasey
Diablo 4 is pure speculation on both sides of it. You calling it a lie is only enforcing your own speculation as a fact. The same thing those other sources are doing.

Exactly.
The only factual communications that exist are those done by the CM.
We all know word by word what she said.
I'm not sure Blizzard knows how to deal with the fan outrage, as they clearly have no idea how to deal with fan expectation. It wouldn't surprise me if these "leaks" were done to try and appease the fans.
11/11/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Katatonic
I'm not sure Blizzard knows how to deal with the fan outrage, as they clearly have no idea how to deal with fan expectation. It wouldn't surprise me if these "leaks" were done to try and appease the fans.

Activision Blizzard employees are pathological liars, what's one more lie?
How can this be if Blizz themselves haven't come our to say this is factual?

Because people like to make stuff up to pretend they know something you don't.
11/11/2018 01:53 PMPosted by neo

Wow...another permutation of what that guy actually said....he said "Many of the top developers" ....not all, not all the greatest, not the greatest nor anything else. Stop making a drama.
Even if diablo 4 for all platforms was in development, I'm not at all confident in the final product, given how the same company that is producing, essentially, a mobile diablo 3, maintains that this is definitely what diablo fans were looking for and we're just having problems adapting to change. k.

The ARPG genre as a whole is no longer in blizzard/activision's tutelage, and i think largely due to community feedback, they know it. whether or not they care about that remains to be seen. My money's on, no, they don't care. Blizzard north might have cared, but they no longer guide these decisions.
More and more sources making sh!t up for that sweet social media attention.
11/11/2018 01:53 PMPosted by neo

If D4 ever comes out, you can expect another endless grind like D3 and BFA with rehashed content, pre-purchase bonuses, and paid DLC (that is already available when the game launches, it's merely segmented and delayed for profit).

It is abundantly clear with ActivisionBlizzard at this point that their “games” are just the vehicle to which they feel entitled to reach their dirty hands deeper and deeper into the consumers wallet. D:I has lifted the lid off of just how deep they will circle the toilet bowl on their race to the very very bottom.

This is a money grubbing sleezy project that has sold out their loyal fans to which the backbone of the company was founded and rocked their reputation for the greasy mtx dollars. ActiBlizz was already well on their way to EA 2.0 and in some cases steaming head long into the crapper even faster. But the loyal fan base was standing with them being milked as walking wallets - this event exposed them in a way they have never been exposed.
Working on "multiple" projects mean absolutely nothing. Maybe they did start working on D4. Maybe they started as soon as they saw the backlash of Diablo Immoral.

"Multiple" projects, once again, means absolutely nothing. If they said a "PC Project", then it would mean something.

Here are "multiple projects" that we can pretty much claim are in the work:
Diablo Books (very likely)
Diablo Comics (likely)
Netflix series (already confirmed)

...thus, we already have the minimum requirement for "multiple" projects. It was just PR fluff. It meant absolutely nothing without any additional precision.

Yes, maybe D4 is in the work, but whatever they said during Blizzard meant nothing.
11/11/2018 02:11 PMPosted by wiggelz
Even if diablo 4 for all platforms was in development, I'm not at all confident in the final product, given how the same company that is producing, essentially, a mobile diablo 3, maintains that this is definitely what diablo fans were looking for and we're just having problems adapting to change. k.

The ARPG genre as a whole is no longer in blizzard/activision's tutelage, and i think largely due to community feedback, they know it. whether or not they care about that remains to be seen. My money's on, no, they don't care. Blizzard north might have cared, but they no longer guide these decisions.

Diablo:Immoral wasn’t what we wanted ... it’s what the sleezeball suits at the top wanted. The greasy mtx money in the east and loyal, life long customers be damned

Employees who ask to remain anonymous, nothing new
11/11/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Extinction
11/11/2018 02:11 PMPosted by wiggelz

Diablo:Immoral wasn’t what we wanted ... it’s what the sleezeball suits at the top wanted. The greasy mtx money in the east and loyal, life long customers be damned

Which is precisely why, if we want to see quality ARPG titles we want to play going forward, we should see the writing on the wall here and shift our support to other developers. You're only hurting yourselves if not. All of this outrage and feedback is misdirected toward a company that doesn't care about you.

It's existence is actually confirmed. We've seen job postings for Diablo 4's logo as the thumbnail. Blizzard wouldn't make such an error if it wasn't legit. These positions were specifically for very critical roles.

The key to get is: How far along is Diablo 4 even? I don't think it's close to half-way, if they're gonna do Diablo 4 RIGHT. Maybe not even 1/4ths of the way. Good games take a long time.
"In the works"

Could literally mean that they made a empty repository labeled Diablo 4.
11/11/2018 02:27 PMPosted by wiggelz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Which is precisely why, if we want to see quality ARPG titles we want to play going forward, we should see the writing on the wall here and shift our support to other developers. You're only hurting yourselves if not. All of this outrage and feedback is misdirected toward a company that doesn't care about you.

I’m a tiny minuscule voice but I have voted in the only language this company hears. There is only one Activision title still remaining on my systems and that is Destiny 2 Forsaken on my Xbox One X. That will be coming off my system later today. They already got the season pass out of me on that title but I will not be touching any of that dlc. I installed PoE last night and had a very fun time bombing around the first act.

In the grand scheme I know it’s not much but I will not support this company any longer. And I will be looking for new developers that want to provide me with the type of entertainment experiences I’m looking for. The forums are the only places in Blizzards world I’ll be visiting for now.
11/11/2018 02:32 PMPosted by StormyFacade

It's existence is actually confirmed. We've seen job postings for Diablo 4's logo as the thumbnail. Blizzard wouldn't make such an error if it wasn't legit. These positions were specifically for very critical roles.

The key to get is: How far along is Diablo 4 even? I don't think it's close to half-way, if they're gonna do Diablo 4 RIGHT. Maybe not even 1/4ths of the way. Good games take a long time.

Source please, link it to us here.
We all want to see that amazing logo you are talking about.

Also, "Good games take a long time" , what do you mean by "good" ?
Like in "d3 good" ? Like in "phoneablo good" ?