Where is the content?

General Discussion
I honestly can't remember the last time I wanted to touch Diablo 3. What keeps me playing games is the idea that every once in awhile, I can take a break and comeback to some amazing new patch that's been in the pipe. This is true of most Blizzard games.

But not Diablo.

Path of Exile manages to have leagues and a free expansion every other month it feels like. I don't even remember the last diablo patch. How can a small company turn a ARPG into a service and one of the granddaddy of all PC game companies fall behind compared to them. It boggles my mind.

What's in the pipe blues?
There is no content, welcome to the matrix.
it's still the same season as 14, nothing new or added or fixed
11/18/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Pringworm
How can a small company turn a ARPG into a service and one of the granddaddy of all PC game companies fall behind compared to them. It boggles my mind.

It is very simple, it's all about money. How can so many people not understand this basic thing? D3 is a buy-to-play game, basically it generates zero income after initial purchase. What's the incentive to create new content when it's not going generate any income?

PoE is a different case. It's free-to-play with microtransactions. This may come as a shock to some but F2P with MTX is far more profitable business model than B2P with no MTX. People spend money to buy stash tabs and cosmetics in PoE, this in turn allows GGG to create more new content. On the flipside GGG has to create new content so that people keep spending money.

In the end, it's just business.
games dead sorry move on. D2 season is resetting the 7th otherwise the dumpster fire of fallout 76
11/18/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Pringworm
I honestly can't remember the last time I wanted to touch Diablo 3. What keeps me playing games is the idea that every once in awhile, I can take a break and comeback to some amazing new patch that's been in the pipe. This is true of most Blizzard games.

But not Diablo.

Path of Exile manages to have leagues and a free expansion every other month it feels like. I don't even remember the last diablo patch. How can a small company turn a ARPG into a service and one of the granddaddy of all PC game companies fall behind compared to them. It boggles my mind.

What's in the pipe blues?

How did you play games in the past, then? Most of them have always been “buy and done.”