Why is Demon Hunter squishy?

Console Discussion
So I have never played DH for a season because of how squishy they are. I decided I would for this season and my god is it frustration. I have 4 pieces of the UE set and I don't think I am gonna be able to get the last 2. I am paragon 36 right now and I play on Torment 1 and I just get destroyed so damn fast. DH has no survivablility at all. Yeah I Vault but it can only do so much. I played a Monk before and they are not that squishy.
DH is the only character I play well. Unhallowed set with yangs bow and dawn in the cube box. Then you can kill at distance. You need to build up some jewels to put in your rings/necklace. I use ice climber boots on the character for cold resist plus anti freeze. You have an anti poison necklace and a anti fire which can be put in the box. The countess julias necklace is for arcon. combos of these help out greatly to stay alive. I can run level 70 grifts easily. You can use your skills for defense also.

You can get rid of the "squishiness" by trying different combos of jewels and skills.
I am using Multishot but that uses so much Hate and DH primary skills seems weak. Guess I have to try and get Yangs bow. I guess I will keep playing as DH but currently it is not much fun.
The Yangs bow really fired up the build. Get it asap. Also, if you're lucky. Hellfire amu with the right passive will give it a major boost (luckily I roll an Ambush [teehee]).
Google "Demon Hunter MS UE build" and you will get several examples of the possibilities of that set.

Also cindercoat in the cube and a fire rune on MS really cuts down on resource usage. You could also wear a cindercoat if you don't have the UE chest yet, but it is hard to find one that takes 3 gems.

Perma-vengeance by using Dawn in the cube and about 36% CDR on items also really helps (36.?% is the cutoff where it lasts as long as the reduced cooldown). You can go for a damage mitigation rune or a hatred generation rune depending on whether you need help spamming MS, or surviving.
Agreed, go for that bow ASAP. I gave up on DH twice because she fell over so easily...then I got a Yang's and suddenly she was a beast. They do start out weak but in the end they are very powerful.

The real trick is cooldown reduction so you can keep vengeance up close to full-time. With that up, you cut thru crowds of mobs like butter.
Sorry for late reply. What you be a good fresh 70 skill set up? I do have Paragon but I think only lvl 35. I like to finish the 4th challenges for the last set pieces but I have trouble staying alive on torment 1. Gonna have to try and farm deaths breath (if possible) so I can make a rare a legendary in hopes I get Yangs and/or dawn.
yeah, my DH is pretty decent now in full primals but I still could die if i zig the wrong way. My buddy plays an impaler shadow build and has half the paragon points no primals and only a normal dagger and he can breeze thru GR110s.

Meanwhile, im struggling to clear GR95 with multishot.
Maybe my issue is I don't use vault a lot. I just find it annoying to have to vault so much.
A few things / options:

Make sure you're staying at range as much as possible. If you get too close to enemies for too long, you lose the 4 pc defensive bonus. Other things that help are using diamonds instead of emeralds in your gear. Wraps of Clarity as well as a Visage of Gunes in the cube will help you survive as well. You could also use Esoteric Alteration in place of an offensive gem like Zei's until you get Yang's and DML.
11/26/2018 09:30 AMPosted by MegaToxic
Sorry for late reply. What you be a good fresh 70 skill set up? I do have Paragon but I think only lvl 35. I like to finish the 4th challenges for the last set pieces but I have trouble staying alive on torment 1. Gonna have to try and farm deaths breath (if possible) so I can make a rare a legendary in hopes I get Yangs and/or dawn.

Actually there are a few builds for DH viable for high GRs.
You can check the guides on icy-veins.com or diablofans.com
Very storng is hybrid Nata6+Marauder4 in cold or fire - capable to do GR100 without any Caldesan and only with half ancients items.
Shadow Impale is very tanky - before GR90-95+ you often can just stay in all poison, molten, etc after getting on all buffs. Easy to craft very good weapon for this build - there are only 2 legendary daggers for DH.
Multishot in fire/physical is strong in high GRs only if you can kite very good :) It is squishy for sure. You need Wraps of Clarity and Visage of Gunes in cube and you will be still one-shotted very often.
Seek the elusive ring.
11/26/2018 04:35 PMPosted by KeenDzaDza
11/26/2018 09:30 AMPosted by MegaToxic

Actually there are a few builds for DH viable for high GRs.
You can check the guides on icy-veins.com or diablofans.com
Very storng is hybrid Nata6+Marauder4 in cold or fire - capable to do GR100 without any Caldesan and only with half ancients items.
Shadow Impale is very tanky - before GR90-95+ you often can just stay in all poison, molten, etc after getting on all buffs. Easy to craft very good weapon for this build - there are only 2 legendary daggers for DH.
Multishot in fire/physical is strong in high GRs only if you can kite very good :) It is squishy for sure. You need Wraps of Clarity and Visage of Gunes in cube and you will be still one-shotted very often.

Hmm that kind of sucks that UE is a squishy set. I did find this build https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-unhallowed-essence-multishot-build-patch-2-6-1-season-15

Sorry not sure how to hyper link here.
Hmmmm been awhile since i played DH but......... try throwing some diamonds in your gear and using wraps of clarity. If ur still squishy throw some paragons in vitality.......

I hear so many people say putting points in vitality is useless and dump everything in main stat....... well try clearing a GR110 with a melee class with not 1 point in vitality lol. If u can do that, then i tips my hat off to you
11/26/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Whisper
Seek the elusive ring.

Yes!!!! i forgot about those.
if you are new to DH UE

1) always diamonds than emeralds till you know what you are doing

2) Always cube elusive if you prefer to valve or unity if you dun valve often forget about COE till you understand the 4sec window (players will always say COE is better on high GR nope it is understanding the 4sec window instead)

3) always wraps/Gunes now try your best to understand 5second window from wraps... master this DO NOT SPAM MS (unless COE of cause) a veteran DH have 3/4 hated than press generator so you are always keeping up your wraps... I was like that once left half of hated than spam generator (if you master your wraps window congrats because now you have almost full hated for COE cycle )

4) ALWAYS 50+ vitality into paragon first remember a dead DH is no better than less 20% damage DH :)

5) I forgotten about that preparation skill not the rune on 20 max Disc if you are new try the rune that gives 45Disc overtime... it will help you more than Max damage change it back when you fully explore DH

6) if you still have not cube/found dawn try fortress hand crossbow that will help you survive greatly

the wall for DH is GR100 0 augements cap 800Paragon Lgems below 100

with the above stats dun require fishing any GR or RG is at GR95
The answer is simple....

Play Monk! :)
11/26/2018 11:49 PMPosted by homerjnick
The answer is simple....

Play Monk! :)
I hear Monk isn't that great at clearing high GR, well with this seasons set anyway.
UE Multishot is really squishy and feels bad to play until you get a few more items.

Once you have Yang's, DML, and a damage resist item (Visage of Gunes, Elusive Ring) you should be able to melt stuff. Cubing Dawn makes it even easier.

It basically means that Vengeance has 100% uptime (10 hatred/sec, 50% dr) and your Multishot hits twice, shoots way faster, does 9x more damage, and costs nearly no hatred.

It's one of my favorite builds when fully done. You'll be ninja flipping and clearing GR90 with ease once it's all built.
It's probably better to use an Esoteric Alteration in place of Zei's until you get to the point mentioned above.