Leap/Quake Barb

Barbarian
I haven't played Barb in a few seasons, do you think Leap/Quake Barb will be viable with the new buffs?
I hope something magical happens this patch, dont have the capacity to charge a wall
Its viable already. Full augmented and paragon 1k, most people would be able to hit 100 with it. Pretty easy to break 90 with it as is.

Just fish the open maps. Don't bother with any tight corridor stuff.
11/20/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Mupasthech
Its viable already.

It's current GR potential is about 8-10 levels under R6 HOTA, our strongest, build. By that measurement, it's just barely viable (5th place of 5 major builds). The new buff will close the gap a little. Not much, mind you, because Raekor is getting a buff, too, which means R6 HOTA is getting a buff, and it is already capable of 126+. MOTE will likely remain in 5th place.
I guess I should clarify I meant its viable for what most people want... which is maul T13, it can get on the leaderboards and someone who really pushes it and optimizes can take it up on the boards.

It bugs the crap out of me that charge has been the top set for so long and whenever we get a balance patch...... they buff charge again and it stays top.

I guess I also don't even know what the OP meant with "viable". Viable for what exactly. Its viable for general mauling but not the easiest build to push with. Certainly NOT very good for group play of any kind unless you're just carrying/powerlvling people.
11/20/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Mupasthech
It bugs the crap out of me that charge has been the top set for so long and whenever we get a balance patch...... they buff charge again and it stays top.

Well, not quite. R6 HOTA isn't really a charge build since charge is just there to build stacks. Vile Charge is our second strongest build, and will likely remain so with the buff to IK6.
Yeah, I did want to give R6 smashy a try so I could maybe stop hating charge builds so much but with a phantom latency issue persisting since season 3, its not viable for me. Its weird because I don't have much issue with leap, the latency just jams charge and ruins it. My hatred for charge stems from season 1 though... and I've just been like "mehhh whatever" every time I've tried to do it since then. Pushing towards the 110 mark a few seasons ago with IK6 Smashy, I had a few fails I contribute directly to failed charges from latency resulting an astounding number of deaths and an even more astounding number of annoyance!!!!! I also don't care about cheesy mechanics, I wish they'd deal with that wall charging BS
11/20/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Mupasthech
Yeah, I did want to give R6 smashy a try so I could maybe stop hating charge builds so much but with a phantom latency issue persisting since season 3, its not viable for me. Its weird because I don't have much issue with leap, the latency just jams charge and ruins it. My hatred for charge stems from season 1 though... and I've just been like "mehhh whatever" every time I've tried to do it since then. Pushing towards the 110 mark a few seasons ago with IK6 Smashy, I had a few fails I contribute directly to failed charges from latency resulting an astounding number of deaths and an even more astounding number of annoyance!!!!! I also don't care about cheesy mechanics, I wish they'd deal with that wall charging BS

Sorry to hear about the latency issues. Hope that clears up.

Wall-charging has to do with Endless Walk, not the build or set. Were it not for that set, we wouldn't wall-charge with R6 HOTA (Vile is a different story).
It counts as standing still when you're wall charging then?

Or, it counts as moving so you have defense while building charges, which makes sense too.

Tested it, damage stays stacked up, neato.
11/20/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Free
Wall-charging has to do with Endless Walk, not the build or set.

Has something to do with the build/set as well, since it's easier to get stacks this way than run through a group. So wrong right there.
11/20/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Argos
I haven't played Barb in a few seasons, do you think Leap/Quake Barb will be viable with the new buffs?

I suppose I should have been clearer and thank you all for the feedback. When I used to play Barbarian I did clear 103 GR with a leap/Quake, but I supposed my question about viability was whether it would be in the same class as Necros, Crusaders of even our R6 HOTA. I suppose you all answered it for me. It won't even be close to the best in Barbs. Thank you all for the feedback.

PS The Barb forum is by far the most pleasant.
I play leapquake in hc, 'cos it's a good all round safe build.

It's fast enough for keys and bounties. Not super fast, but you don't feel like a slug.

It's safe in grs. The weakness is control impairing effects, but you can easily jump past a bad pack. Some of the guardians can be a pain, but your mobility helps there.
11/21/2018 09:34 AMPosted by gooball
I play leapquake in hc, 'cos it's a good all round safe build.

It's fast enough for keys and bounties. Not super fast, but you don't feel like a slug.

It's safe in grs. The weakness is control impairing effects, but you can easily jump past a bad pack. Some of the guardians can be a pain, but your mobility helps there.

Great point Gooball. That's my favorite build in HC also. I guess I'll try to push him higher after this patch.
What bothers me in MotE is that you MUST use FNR + CoE to melt elites down (please correct me if I'm wrong) but you become glassy af.

Otherwise, with BoM + Esoteric you get the toughness but feels too slow to kill.

Low paragon here, so might be it.
All barbarian sets Will get a x3-x4 Buff, so we dont rly see any change appart of RoRG seasonal Buff.

Looks like since season 5-6 barbs are supports for live in party
11/21/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Hadd
What bothers me in MotE is that you MUST use FNR + CoE to melt elites down (please correct me if I'm wrong) but you become glassy af.

Otherwise, with BoM + Esoteric you get the toughness but feels too slow to kill.

You don't have to use Esoteric. Do Trapped, Strick, and Powerful. Diamonds in gear, BoM cube. Its tanky and does a good amount of damage but you have to learn to group stuff rather well. BoM lets you stay in the fight longer so you're still doing a good amount of DPS as long as your're always fighting density. I've pushed it up the boards a few times.
11/21/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Hadd

They are pretty stout. I did a 101GR with a leap/Quake on HC and I don't use esoteric. The trick is to keep jumping. It's when you stand still you become glassy. Get plenty of CDR and Fury on your items. That way when you dump your fury you can jump again. Look at my profile in HC and SC leap/barb. Once you get you sequencing down you'll be fine. Don't forget Nerves of Steel passive! Save my butt a few times in HC.