A Quick Word from Diablo Players

General Discussion
The original sticky post has now reached more than 3,500 posts. The overarching response has been that many people would like to know what is next for Diablo on PC/Consoles. The lack of communication has been an ongoing problem that even Blizzard has acknowledged. In light of the recent report from kotaku (D4/Fenris) and your own statement:

"“We know what many of you are hoping for and we can only say that ‘good things come to those who wait,’ but evil things often take longer. We appreciate your patience as our teams work tirelessly to create nightmarish experiences worthy of the Lord of Terror."

I kindly suggest that you strongly consider just making a formal statement (sooner rather than later) saying the D4 is in development but will not be released for several more years.

We can read between the lines of your own statement and what has been reported in the media. Honest communication is the best policy rather than allowing speculation to fester into next year (see below).

Update to post
After three weeks, we now have this:
11/29/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We continue to read feedback and our internal discussions are ongoing. We have many plans for Diablo across multiple projects which we’ll be revealing over the course of the coming year. We are eager to share more about all of our projects, but some will have to wait as we prefer to show you, rather than tell you, about them. It's going to take some time as we strive to meet your expectations, but now, more than ever, we are committed to delivering Diablo experiences the community can be proud of.- The Diablo Teams -
To be fair, simply stating multiple projects can mean anything, too. The mere implication that D:I is supposed to be a pillar entry did not endear people, as "reading between the lines" there can infer that PC development is no longer a future priority. Blizzcon also never mentioned anything about the Netflix project, and for all we know, could just be wild speculation at this point and some random troll on reddit or 4chan is having a good giggle since people ran with it.

So, yeah, we don't just want to know some of the plans. We need to know all of them. Among them, chiefly whether or not D3 will ever see significant content development again.
D4 will be available 3 years later? 4 years? 100 years? No thanks. They made decision and already killed their core players. Good luck with mobile game. Too late for D4.

I won't wait 4 more years.
11/27/2018 04:34 PMPosted by BOD
D4 will be available 3 years later? 4 years? 100 years? No thanks. They made decision and already killed their core players. Good luck with mobile game. Too late for D4.

I won't wait 4 more years.

^^^^ This.

Also, they are laughing at our faces by saying they hear us, yet 20 days later they haven't said anything to prove it.

In that time, many of us are already hooked up to ARPGs from companies that actually care.
Instead of hearing us, I wish that they are able to comprehend the feedback and communicate with their diablo players.
Its obvious by the non-response what they are thinking.

1. They are going ahead with it.

2. D4 is still stuck at no where.

3. They are just waiting you out because nothing is changing, they just dont want you to be mad about it.
According to devs speaking out, D4 is supposed to compete with Torchlight Frontier, which will be released in 2019. You can make your own conclusions, but what I think is they'll announce it at Blizzcon 2019 and try to get it out in early 2020.

You don't compete with a game by releasing yours years later, but a few months is reasonable.
If you think a stupid paper announcement at this point is going to fix anything, you're wrong. They did monumental damage to the Diablo brand, just like they did with WoW. Gamers are sick and tired of being treated as second-rate citizens, as witnessed with Battlefield V's sales bomb, and what's happening to Fallout 76 (rightfully so). Guess what, activision is next. We won't forget, we won't "end up buying it," as we have proven.

EA/DICE didn't apologize. Bethesda didn't apologize. And now they're suffering. Get ready activision, we'll remind you of your folly in 2020+ whenever "D4" or whatever comes out.
They still have no idea how to handle this situation.
11/28/2018 08:16 AMPosted by DrSexxytime
Gamers are sick and tired of being treated as second-rate citizens, as witnessed with Battlefield V's sales bomb, and what's happening to Fallout 76 (rightfully so). Guess what, activision is next. We won't forget, we won't "end up buying it," as we have proven.

Too much drama... if D4 is great I'm not going to pass on it just to "send a message"... I'll pass on Diablo Immortal and that's it...

Beyond that it's a bit childish
The whole deal is childish. The first week was called for. The last two.... almost as irresponsible as Blizzards jump into mobile at the cost of their PC following.

Let the down votes roll. Truth hurts.
“Multiple Diablo projects” = multiple Diablo mobile games made in China.
I agree with OP.

They’re obviously never gonna come out and say “sup guys, that Project Fenris leak was real,” mostly because that would also validate the anonymous devs that criticized Blizzard/Activision in the piece. However, just cutting out the “multiple projects” song and dance and confirming that one of them is a PC/console game in the Diablo universe would be sufficient for a lot of people. Not all people, obviously, but it’d be a start.

I completely respect people saying they won’t wait 3-4 more years, that is 100% your right. Me personally, I’m used to waiting stupid long times for Blizz games, though, so if I just got confirmation it was being worked on and then it looked good when revealed, I’d be a happy camper.
I'm all for keeping to give them hell until there is a response, otherwise they win with their no-communication-tactic.
They are waiting it out, I'm not willing to let them wait it out. Keep these threads coming.
Here's a quote from Allen Adham that should make their stance crystal clear:

"For almost three decades, the skeptics have eventually come around to loving the new thing we try, and we think this is just another one of a long line of us doing cool new interesting things that maybe are a little unexpected at first."

There you have it, folks. In Adham's mind, we're just skeptics. Skeptics who will eventually "come around" to "loving" Diablo Immortal. The arrogance and disconnection it takes to make a statement like that is stunning, but that is what one of the Blizzard big wigs thinks.

That's why we don't have and won't get a response. Because their plan is to ignore us, release Netease's turd onto the world, and smile sagely while telling us all "See, we told you you'd love it!" This is just another example of Blizzard thinking they know what you like more than you do.
11/27/2018 04:11 PMPosted by MicroRNA
The original sticky post has now reached more than 3,500 posts. The overarching response has been that many people would like to know what is next for Diablo on PC/Consoles. The lack of communication has been an ongoing problem that even Blizzard has acknowledged. In light of the recent report from kotaku (D4/Fenris) and your own statement:

"“We know what many of you are hoping for and we can only say that ‘good things come to those who wait,’ but evil things often take longer. We appreciate your patience as our teams work tirelessly to create nightmarish experiences worthy of the Lord of Terror."

I kindly suggest that you strongly consider just making a formal statement (sooner rather than later) saying the D4 is in development but will not be released for several more years.

We can read between the lines of your own statement and what has been reported in the media. Honest communication is the best policy rather than allowing speculation to fester.

If you already know what they would say, which is pretty much identical to what they have already said, and that makes you feel better, aren't you the origin of the problem?

I think you all are realizing how silly your little tantrum is and now you want a mea culpa to save face.

You are demanding an apology for a bad faith grievance on your part. #PLBKAC
The fact that they're developing it isn't up for debate. What people WANT to know is that it's going to be handled reasonably without yet another !@#$show. We want to know that this company, that has repeatedly screwed over this franchise, isn't going to do so again.

We want a tangible plan for what they plan to do with D3 while we wait for D4, because they clearly are several years away from release if they couldn't even announce it at Blizzcon.
11/28/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Brogoth
The fact that they're developing it isn't up for debate. What people WANT to know is that it's going to be handled reasonably without yet another !@#$show. We want to know that this company, that has repeatedly screwed over this franchise, isn't going to do so again.

We want a tangible plan for what they plan to do with D3 while we wait for D4, because they clearly are several years away from release if they couldn't even announce it at Blizzcon.

D4 could be 200% better than the most popular ARPG out there at the moment it's released that you'll still see a lot of people hating on it even though they never played it. That's the sad reality nowadays... Anything that a big company does will attract a bunch of people who are just there to hate on it day in and day out
11/28/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Imperius

D4 could be 200% better than the most popular ARPG out there at the moment it's released that you'll still see a lot of people hating on it even though they never played it. That's the sad reality nowadays... Anything that a big company does will attract a bunch of people who are just there to hate on it day in and day out

Outside of a few outliers who always exist because it's the internet and every opinion gets voiced to some degree, that backlash is generally given for good reason. It's not like people just get money envy and decide that the big company is now fundamentally evil. They get angry when said company does something scummy and outright greedy, like trying to port their game over to a crappy chinese company so they can further bury the dying franchise.