No Immortal on PC.

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
Blizzard needs to announce teh cancelation of diablo immortal and a return to pc gaming if they ever want to save face.
Someone at Blizz better pull a D4 trailer or quick cinematic out of their back pocket if they want to save Blizzcon this year. They are not going to live this down if they leave it like this. You know that line of advice from old married couples about relationships? "Never go to sleep angry at each other." If they let Blizzcon close out with this in the air, they're going to lose people, en masse.
Looks so awesome.
But I don't want to play it on my phone.

Nothing can replace that feeling of keyboard and mouse with Diablo
They abandoned the Diablo community ages ago, they've just been relying on us being to stupid to realize it.

And F me if we weren't to stupid to realize until now.
11/02/2018 06:03 PMPosted by BrownieMix
Answer: Absolutely not. [Our] “absolute hope and [their] first one [is] is die-hard Diablo fans from the PC space.”

Wow...

This is a new level of delusion from the team. I just don't even know what to think about Blizzard anymore.
It is good that they are reaching the market of players that do not own PCs... but as a serious D2 player I am disappointed by the decision of mobile only. I won't play it ever unless they make a PC version.

This is not because I don't have a mobile with data, I do. I just prefer the expanded mechanisms that a PC affords to players!
qwertyuiop...

Can't do that on a phone or console! :(
I can't believe they did it. They actually !@#$ing did it. No D4, no D3 expansion(or even character pack), no D1 or D2 remaster, just a %^-*ty mobile game. This is a sad day for all Diablo fans. I feel like I felt last year after watching The Last Jedi...angry and heartbroken.

This is an absolute slap in the face to loyal fans of the franchise, and you can expect a full Blizzard boycott and plenty of DI downvotes from me. Vote with your wallets guys, that's all they care about anyway!
Hmm i wonder if they will ban us for using android machine emulators for pc. They will probably do that since its too much of a pride and accomplishment to own a high end tablet.

Sign and share the petition to improve diablo: http://chn.ge/2P835QS
So disappointed,this has to be a joke or at least a filler for something.
11/02/2018 06:39 PMPosted by GhostDragon
11/02/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Ryu

I'm on the baileys...

From a shoe?

The Irish cream liquor, not the footwear /facepalm /lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLUFkvGxkY
11/02/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Drothvader
11/02/2018 06:03 PMPosted by BrownieMix
Answer: Absolutely not. [Our] “absolute hope and [their] first one [is] is die-hard Diablo fans from the PC space.”

Wow...

This is a new level of delusion from the team. I just don't even know what to think about Blizzard anymore.

Couldn’t agree more. If they said they were targeting a new audience or trying to expand the Diablo appeal, that would have at least made sense. But to say they are going after die-hard PC fans with this is just ridiculous.

At least Nev had the good sense to admit that this game isn’t going to be for everyone. I’m sure it’s going to be a technically good game, and for some people it’s going to be a lot of fun to play, but for a lot of us “die-hard PC fans”, it’s not what we want nor what we hoped for. The extent to which Blizzard failed to understand that still has me shaking my head.
11/02/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Tak
It is good that they are reaching the market of players that do not own PCs... but as a serious D2 player I am disappointed by the decision of mobile only. I won't play it ever unless they make a PC version.

This is not because I don't have a mobile with data, I do. I just prefer the expanded mechanisms that a PC affords to players!
qwertyuiop...

Can't do that on a phone or console! :(

11/02/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Strauss
Looks so awesome.
But I don't want to play it on my phone.

You both do realize the game is already out, just as a different skin (Crusaders of Light).
Also using your big main event of the year that gets hyped up for Diablo fans....for a mobile game. We got nothing last blizzcon and that was infinitely better then what we got this year. A mobile game is not suppose to be your next "big thing". Specifically not one that is flat a reskin of another game that is already a cash grab.
If you think ActiBlizzard give two craps about the Diablo PC community right now, you are sadly mistaken. This is purely driven by looking at where they think the $ are, and, they have their eyes firmly set on the wondrous mobile gambling microtransaction world. They will be milking that place until the teets are chafed.
They should have announced this in Beijing instead of Anaheim. Only Asian folks, for reasons I cannot fathom, are going to waste money on this trash. Wow Blizz, I've always been prone to give you the benefit of the doubt but this was an absolutely epic FAIL.
11/02/2018 07:17 PMPosted by BrownieMix
Couldn’t agree more. If they said they were targeting a new audience or trying to expand the Diablo appeal, that would have at least made sense. But to say they are going after die-hard PC fans with this is just ridiculous.

So let's contrast this to another company doing something similar with one of their franchises.

Game Freak and Nintendo are releasing two new Pokemon Yellow remakes title Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee. These are basically just Pokemon Go but remade for Yellow.

The fan reaction was immensely negative, despite the fact that the games actually don't look that terrible. Junichi Masuda's goal was to bring Pokemon to a wider audience, possibly rekindle interest from older generation 1 players that gave up the the franchise. The game features a lot of Pokemon Go mechanics and Pokemon Go integration that will bring in casual players from Go too.

However, at the same time Nintendo officially stated there's a Core RPG in the works too for 2019 and the Let's Go games aren't considered core games. So with that announcement, the hate subsided and people are either just going to take or leave the Let's Go games and wait for the 2019 game.

Now what did Blizzard do? They basically said they have a mobile game in the works. But what about something new for the franchise on PC? Not a single word.

While Nintendo at least acknowledges that they're taking big risks trying something new with Pokemon, Blizzard just doesn't seem to care about Diablo at all. Masuda knows that Let's Go isn't going to bring in the die hard Pokemon fans, but for some reason the team at Blizzard thinks Diablo fans are just so absolutely blindly loyal enough that they play whatever Blizzard churns out regardless of quality. And you know what, there are people that will, I happen to know a few of them personally.

That just blows my mind that Blizzard would think that Diablo Immortal will bring in PC players.

Had Diablo Immortal been announced as a side project, it probably would have been well received. Instead, it was announced as a REPLACEMENT for the PC franchises and it rubs us all the wrong way.
holy crap. Why is everyone so toxic? Not even kind words or asking, but straight up demanding and rage. The only kind person I've seen scrolling through these comments in the initial poster.
11/02/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Shanrakk
Why is everyone so toxic?

While yes, there are toxic posters here, a vast majority of the posts are NOT toxic about the subject.

Criticism of something you don't like isn't toxicity. It all depends on the manner in which that criticism is displayed.

We're not going to hold Team 3's hand and tell them everything is going to be ok after they make mistake after mistake, and that doesn't mean we're bullying them.
11/02/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Shanrakk
holy crap. Why is everyone so toxic? Not even kind words or asking, but straight up demanding and rage. The only kind person I've seen scrolling through these comments in the initial poster.

Because Blizzard built up hype for a Diablo announcement and then they !@#$ on everyone.
Iiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!