PoE Expansion Trailer

Games & Technology
11/13/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Seeders
I feel sorry for the people who can't enjoy PoE. It's the best game I've ever played.

if you look at the reasons why some people cant get into POE, trust me POE is better off without them !!! they can stay here in D3.
This is gold. Can’t wait to play.
11/13/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Korda
11/13/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Aspirine
Some of it looks fine, other things terrible. If they could only match the polish of blizzard games :/

blizzard polish is a myth dude...diablo 3 doesnt even run properly on new machines...
Not engine polish, but the things like animation of skills, movement of chars. Those things have been bad in poe from the start, and it really annoys me they cannot get it right.
11/13/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Aspirine
blizzard polish is a myth dude...diablo 3 doesnt even run properly on new machines...
Not engine polish, but the things like animation of skills, movement of chars. Those things have been bad in poe from the start, and it really annoys me they cannot get it right.

The Characters move fluidly, and all of the animations are on point, especially since the last update, so I think you are being overly critical, just because it isn't Diablo.
blizzard polish is a myth dude...diablo 3 doesn't even run properly on new machines...

What skills ? movement was klunky during the earlier phases of the game. The game is at a whole different level now. With the new shaders, shadows, lighting, the game looks nothing like its past.

The game play will feel obtrusive at the beginning only because the skill gem system is very different than that of diablo. Once you get the ball running, the game play is very smooth. Skill animations is one of the best in that game.
11/13/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Aspirine
Some of it looks fine, other things terrible. If they could only match the polish of blizzard games :/

Too bad Blizzard polished Diablo 3 so much it disappeared.
11/13/2018 12:51 PMPosted by AlDante
11/13/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Praehotec

1.) It's my choice if I wish to collect everything that drops (I don't and that's not what I referred to regardless)

2.) Even choosing what to pick up, if one plays long enough without returning to town, even picking up only choice pieces rapidly results in an inventory that is only half-full yet nothing new can be picked up until one manually arranges the inventory, as the game does such a terrible job of adding things to your backpack. It's one of those things that we all just accepted 15 years ago, but is just a development oversight today.

POE is a decent ARPG, and I accept that it is developed by an indie company, but it's not without its flaws. It has some good ideas, (and some significant flaws, imo) but it's not really the second coming of Diablo. Hopefully we will get that one day, but it is looking less and less likely lately....

In that case, 4 Wisdom scrolls = 1 Portal Scroll. I have literally thousands of portal scrolls. just pop one, drop items off in your stash/Vendor, jump back in and continue on. It's not that hard.

No it is not hard, but that doesn't excuse the game for not having better inventory management systems. Again, I don't hate the game, but there is no there is no question that it is an outdated mechanic.
Damn that soultaker pack look sooo sweet

GGG plz take my money. ( blizzard dont want my money ) LuL
In only a few minutes their trailer is

3,400 likes to 23 dislikes

Wow.
...Not engine polish, but the things like animation of skills, movement of chars. Those things have been bad in poe from the start, and it really annoys me they cannot get it right.

What skills ? movement was klunky during the earlier phases of the game. The game is at a whole different level now. With the new shaders, shadows, lighting, the game looks nothing like its past.

The game play will feel obtrusive at the beginning only because the skill gem system is very different than that of diablo. Once you get the ball running, the game play is very smooth. Skill animations is one of the best in that game.
Well ok perhaps you are right, it has been a while since I played it. My ranger just looked like he was taking a dump when he fired something.
Amazing!!!
Well another $60 going to GGG. This new expac looks fun.

The big difference in animation is that Blizzard has motion capture while GGG does not. It's definitely on their list to revamp and I would guess 4.0 is the target for that.

As for how the game actually feels, people who "can't get into PoE" and complain about the speed generally only see the first few levels and decide it's slow and clunky...which is exactly how all the characters are designed to be when they first start out. As you find gear, get more skills, and invest in your build you become much much faster and stronger - it's important that players feel their character grow in an ARPG and it's also important that growth not simply be "increase the health/damage numbers" that we've seen here.
I just started playing after Immortal announcement. I dabbled in the game before but never made it past lv 14. Now I am lv45 and loving it. At first I thought it was slow and the camera was zoomed in too much. Now it is perfect speed and I don't even notice the camera like at the start. I feel there are some QOL things that should be in the game (better inventory sorting), things like prophecies are confusing, etc but I still have a lot of play and learn so it also gives me a lot to look forward to.
11/13/2018 12:54 PMPosted by AlDante
11/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Hellswraith

Bookmarks these ,,, https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki ,

http://poe.trade/

https://www.poelab.com/

Also these https://www.poebuilds.io/ and https://www.poebuilds.cc/

also this one
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds
11/13/2018 12:19 PMPosted by knowyrrole
That video looks dope! I just started playing path of exile..im a little confused right now but starting to get into the game. Trying hard to give it a chance early on. If anyone knows any good resources in a single location for understanding builds for beginners and stuff like that it would be super helpful :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246072/page/1

Here you can find links to tons of viable build guides. ;)

And also tons of beginner guides.

Have fun. :)
Soooo Incursions are back to?! And Delves!? And new masters?! And some funky looking betrayal system? Shut up and take my money.
11/13/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Howdypardner

Wow.

Now
5,100 likes to 28 dislikes
11/13/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Howdypardner

Wow.

rly, are they removing likes on that trailer?
POE looks epic, but I like to customize my characters. The cost of doing so is a bit high to me. I like all the options, just can't get past the high cost of making my character look how I want.