Amazing buffs for s16, but what is with survivability

General Discussion
11/20/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
But you can't expect to post your opinion in a public forum without someone commenting on your opinion.

It is no problem for me, if the people here in the forum constructively answer my question. But the stupid whining about Blizzard is annoying. And the people criticize that I'm happy with the buff. What the hell is that supposed to be?
11/20/2018 03:21 PMPosted by joschy
OMG people, please stop whining. You all, what the hell is going wrong with you? I'm happy with the buff and that's none of your !@#$%^- business. If you are so pissed, then you should take a break, uninstall Diablo and play POE or something else.

It's just what the forums are like right now. A few losers suddenly have this really deep and moving sense of purpose because they didn't get (the announcement for) a toy they wanted. Like all dumb men babies, they think their banal and shallow opinions need to be heard everywhere. "How dare you say you like something that I hate!"

It's incredibly pathetic.

On topic though, I don't like your APD changes. Part of what makes the effect unique is that it requires an understanding of CC mechanics and the purposeful movement to new groups of monsters that aren't currently CC immune. It's a fun juggle that leads to some unique game play.

OTOH, an always on(practically) effect is really no different from any of the other general DR items all the classes have access to. The DR is all about the same, nearly identical effect on game play, but the triggering methods are at least a little different.
11/20/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
No one said you can't enjoy the update if what the update contains suits you. But you can't expect to post your opinion in a public forum without someone commenting on your opinion.

People aren't commenting on the OP. Count how many posts it takes to get to a discussion of the actual mechanics the OP is talking about. 90% of this thread is just "Lol, wut? More like BlizzTurd! lol"

The OP has a point that is incredibly obvious if you look through any thread on these forums. Discussion of arguments has been entirely driven out by the babies throwing their blizz hate tantrums.
I think Joschy is correct though.

Most of us (real fans) are quite happy with the new patch.
Since BlizzCon so many Trolls flooded our forum its incredible.

This patch is exactly what we needed and most people wanted/ expected and I personally can't wait to get going when it releases.

Now be quiet haters or just play Path of Lowskill
11/20/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Ovian
I think Joschy is correct though.

Most of us (real fans) are quite happy with the new patch.
Since BlizzCon so many Trolls flooded our forum its incredible.

This patch is exactly what we needed and most people wanted/ expected and I personally can't wait to get going when it releases.

Now be quiet haters or just play Path of Lowskill

Strange .. in this post you said that sets are allready too strong ?!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753596162#post-1

And now that`s the change you totally wanted as "a real fan"?

:D
11/20/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Mercury
People aren't commenting on the OP. Count how many posts it takes to get to a discussion of the actual mechanics the OP is talking about. 90% of this thread is just "Lol, wut? More like BlizzTurd! lol"

Yeah, I ... on the bad-tempered people in this forum. ^^

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769709950
If you are so pissed, then you should take a break, uninstall Diablo and play POE or something else.

Oh, they will...

threaten to.

Kind of like the last two weeks. If all the people saying they're quitting of late actually did, it would be just you and me posting here in GD.
11/20/2018 03:53 AMPosted by joschy
11/20/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Headsoup

I think you're assuming Blizzard put more than 5 minutes of thought into this season.

That was not my concern. I want to discuss survivability problems.

No kidding, I'm honestly losing my **** playing my necro lately. For real, what in the almighty blue **** is wrong with this game's balancing? Why is defense such a ridiculous (and seemingly often futile) ordeal compared to D1 and 2?

As an example, I'll use my current pet Necro. Yeah my Paragon isn't super high but I also have been playing much more sparringly in the past month compared to when the season began.

My Rathma set gets me a near-constant 50% DR from my pets swinging, which on paper should give me some pretty ridiculous survivabilty. Then on top of that, I have yet another 30% simply for having my golem out thanks to my pants. And this isn't even accounting for all the bonus Life I have or armor/all res.

And yet even just T13 I'm getting 1-shot like crazy, with 700k+ life and DR coming out my butt.

What the actual F? If it's this bad at my range, with all those buffs (nevermind other potential things like an allied monk or crusader's auras) and boosts to max HP I can't imagine what it must take to survive GR 100+ (cap is 150 right?)

Yeah, I get it, higher GR is supposed to be challenging bla bla bla but does no one else find this even a little obscene? Spending hours and hours grinding out Paragon to marginally increase my chances so I can slowly climb a little higher at a time isn't exactly fun either. And if that really is the answer, to just keep grinding more Paragon, then something's clearly wrong/broken with the system.

Again at least in D2 I could look at my character sheet, see my resistances and defense rating and have a pretty good gauge of my likelyhood to live and why I'm getting killed quickly etc.

Literally no other game i've ever seen or played, has come anywhere close to allowing the amount of DR you can stack in this game, and seeing it effectively do NOTHING to keep you alive anyway is mind boggling.

EDIT: I mean come on seriously, does no one else see anything wrong with having over 40% additonal max HP, thousands of HP/sec in recovery or on-hit, and damage resistances essentially well over 90% - Not sure on how my stats all add up exactly but I'm assuming it takes armor DR 1st and then everything else is tacked on multiplicatively which should be like 95%+ I'm sure - and still freaking dying in 1 hit. How is that just not utter BS?
11/20/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Kukiri
If you are so pissed, then you should take a break, uninstall Diablo and play POE or something else.

Oh, they will...

I hope so!

kthxbye to you
11/20/2018 03:32 PMPosted by joschy
But the stupid whining about Blizzard is annoying

How about you set an example and don't play on their level. Act like them, you will get it the way you hate.
Just looking at the PTR notes now, not sure why they're buffing Unhallowed that seems like overkill I mean isn't every DH using that as it is?

Also honestly truly f'ing baffled at why Rathma - or even pets in general - isn't being buffed or re-worked. Is it really asking too much for some kind of Taunt effect for necro pets, either as a set bonus or legendary power? It really sucks the fun out of running my "Unholy Army of the Night" when the enemies tend to just ignore them and come right for me.

EDIT: Just saw the MASSIVE buff Zunimassa is getting so again, wtf why nothing for Rathma?
Because of Rat Runs.