Is this game dead..?

General Discussion
I just tried logging in and it showed there were less than 100 people online, less than 20 games being played, and then jumping into the Campaign or Adventure tabs all showed 0 Games, but then I come onto the Forums and they're super active. So where is everyone..?
it's the end of the season so less people are playing now.
also, people up and left after the Blizzcon announcement because they're furious.

it happens.
Unless you're trying to play adventure mode and T13 difficulty, finding players can be tough.

And as stated, the current season lasts less than a month anymore. Most people are waiting for the next to start.
11/20/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Mesden
I just tried logging in and it showed there were less than 100 people online, less than 20 games being played, and then jumping into the Campaign or Adventure tabs all showed 0 Games, but then I come onto the Forums and they're super active. So where is everyone..?
most playing d2 the real diablo game 7k user 6300 game game https://imgur.com/a/2OaqfuQ
I just tried logging in and it showed there were less than 100 people online, less than 20 games being played,

Our of curiosity, where did you get a player count or game count? Neither of those metrics are available to players.

11/20/2018 09:22 AMPosted by KushiSensei
also, people up and left after the Blizzcon announcement because they're furious.

it happens.

Also this. End of Season has a low player rate. Most people get their seasonal stuff done the first couple weeks then do something else until the next Season. You can, of course, find games in Adventure Mode at higher difficulties for Bounties and such. They do exist, but most people hate Public games and play with friends or in Communities.
11/20/2018 09:39 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I just tried logging in and it showed there were less than 100 people online, less than 20 games being played,

Our of curiosity, where did you get a player count or game count? Neither of those metrics are available to players.

11/20/2018 09:22 AMPosted by KushiSensei

it happens.

Also this. End of Season has a low player rate. Most people get their seasonal stuff done the first couple weeks then do something else until the next Season. You can, of course, find games in Adventure Mode at higher difficulties for Bounties and such. They do exist, but most people hate Public games and play with friends or in Communities.

Did you like the patch?
This game is totally dead.
Prepare your phone for D:I and your pocket for microtransactions.

Or you can play other ARPG.
11/20/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Thax
Did you like the patch?

Does it matter?

I did not expect anything significant really so I am not upset about it. I know when they say "Blog posts" it means the standard news posts for seasons, patches, promos, contests, etc. No earth shattering news comes from those. We got a change to the Season that was not just one of the other weekend buffs. They implemented a few things players have long asked for such as the red beam, no paragon swapping in Grifts, etc. I don't really get why they are buffing some sets by what seems like a huge amount but that may get toned down in the PTR. People don't like "power creep" though so it just does not seem like a logical decision. It is what it is really. Something for the current game, but not as much as many would like.

The real focus though...

We all want to know what is going on with the franchise as a whole - New class? New game for PC? Some news at all? Even an apology or something that shows they understand and still care about the PC fans?

I view the patch as separate from the big picture. Patch was in the works before Blizzcon. I want to know what is next.
11/20/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Nitroman
This game is totally dead.
Prepare your phone for D:I and your pocket for microtransactions.

Or you can play other ARPG.

Yup!! at this point I am just waiting for the new torchlight game to come out. I seriously hope they do a good job on it. Nothing sparks innovation more than losing out to a competitor. Blizzard has been on top for too long and it's made them complacent.
11/20/2018 09:47 AMPosted by MissCheetah
The real focus though...

We all want to know what is going on with the franchise as a whole - New class? New game for PC? Some news at all? Even an apology or something that shows they understand and still care about the PC fans?

Amen

I have already vowed to add constructive feedback to the stickied thread "A Quick Word From Blizzard" at least once a day until it's addressed or removed. I think everyone here should do the same.
Did you like the patch?

Does it matter?

I did not expect anything significant really so I am not upset about it. I know when they say "Blog posts" it means the standard news posts for seasons, patches, promos, contests, etc. No earth shattering news comes from those. We got a change to the Season that was not just one of the other weekend buffs. They implemented a few things players have long asked for such as the red beam, no paragon swapping in Grifts, etc. I don't really get why they are buffing some sets by what seems like a huge amount but that may get toned down in the PTR. People don't like "power creep" though so it just does not seem like a logical decision. It is what it is really. Something for the current game, but not as much as many would like.

The real focus though...

I view the patch as separate from the big picture. Patch was in the works before Blizzcon. I want to know what is next.

Why do you view the patch as separate and not as a part of the 'whole' ?
11/20/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Fusion
Amen

I have already vowed to add constructive feedback to the stickied thread "A Quick Word From Blizzard" at least once a day until it's addressed or removed. I think everyone here should do the same.

Hopefully Blizzard is good at wading through the sea of vitriol to find the few diamond nuggets in there. Lol.
11/20/2018 09:52 AMPosted by stfd

Because at this point D3 is a 6 year old game that has not had any major updates for a long time. I honestly don't expect any and for me, that is fine. I would have liked another expansion, but the time for that has gone by now and I gave up on it. I honestly don't expect them to dedicate much resource wise to the current game. Hence, separate from whatever bigger things are going on.

Now, that is not to say I would not love to see a new class or expansion, or even a big patch...but I honestly don't expect it and setting realistic expectation is a rational thing to do.
It is dead.
Does it matter?

I think he asked just for the chit chat of it :) But hope you are doing good again :)
ye the new torchlight game looks good
Did you like the patch?

Does it matter?

The real focus though...

Yes it does, only a yes or no. Easy
11/20/2018 09:57 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Now, that is not to say I would not love to see a new class or expansion, or even a big patch...but I honestly don't expect it and setting realistic expectation is a rational thing to do

My hope is that they kind of had to postpone content development while working on the console ports. Now that it's on the Switch I think it would be the logical business decision to release at least one more expansion between the next big title release. Being able to sell it on 4 platforms just seems like the thing to do. I can't imagine they were expecting huge Switch sales with it being as old as it is, unless the effort/cost to port to switch wasn't that much they would have had to plan another expansion. I feel like they got over ambitious and tried to do to much at one and that spread the Diablo team out to thin. D4, porting DIII, expansion for DIII, and D:I.

But after blizzcon it is hard to imagine what logical expectations even are with Diablo anymore.
11/20/2018 09:57 AMPosted by MissCheetah
11/20/2018 09:52 AMPosted by stfd

Because at this point D3 is a 6 year old game that has not had any major updates for a long time. I honestly don't expect any and for me, that is fine. I would have liked another expansion, but the time for that has gone by now and I gave up on it. I honestly don't expect them to dedicate much resource wise to the current game. Hence, separate from whatever bigger things are going on.

Now, that is not to say I would not love to see a new class or expansion, or even a big patch...but I honestly don't expect it and setting realistic expectation is a rational thing to do.

It's good to be realistic with your expectations. I still fear they are pouring more resources into the mobile game than most of the fan base would like. The question on my mind is when they'll make a major announcement, or if they will at all. There is a chance we won't hear anything major until the next Blizzcon. Would it even be something we want to hear?

Easy. just open comunities and look how many people in each. and when loging in game in chat column game writes you how many ppl in that chat.