Kripp makes a shocking revelation regarding Diablo 4.

General Discussion
Watch his recent stream at the link below(timestamped)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/331436906?t=2h43m36s

Kripp talks about how he thinks Blizzard can't make a better game than PoE and given their current track record I agree with him 100%. After that however he goes on to reveal that D4 was set to be announced at last year's Blizzcon but was pulled for a reason he doesn't know. Now 1 year later and still no announcement.

Just in case you were foolish enough to still think that Blizzard cares about their fans at all this should fully dispel you of that notion.
D4 was announced this year. Did you miss it? It's for mobile.
I thought Kripp quit PoE
they absolutely can make a better game than Poe. Poe exists because theres very few games in the genre at all and it's the best one of them, but there little to no competition.

diablo just needs to do what it used to do and better. again topping poe wont be hard as long as blizzard keeps its eyes on being more like d2 than d3. only thing d3 got right was combat and even that is a little too fast at times.

destiny is the biggest loot shooter out there because of lack of competition not because it's the best.

borderlands is superior but isnt as active a franchise as destiny
11/04/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Jimmy

Diablo 4 is being made.
They did an interview with Kotaku yesterday.

Saying There are 2 separate Diablo teams.
One working on the "Main Franchise" and one working on "Mobile Franchise"

They also hinted there maybe more content for Diablo 3.
Since they confirmed they have 2 separate teams - it means if they are working on Diablo 4 and there are more "unannounced projects" than 1 - it means the other one is likely new content for D3.
11/04/2018 09:41 AMPosted by MWXIII
they absolutely can make a better game than Poe. Poe exists because theres very few games in the genre at all and it's the best one of them, but there little to no competition.

diablo just needs to do what it used to do and better. again topping poe wont be hard as long as blizzard keeps its eyes on being more like d2 than d3. only thing d3 got right was combat and even that is a little too fast at times.

destiny is the biggest loot shooter out there because of lack of competition not because it's the best.

Nope. They will never match PoE because they can't do grit. They can't make games where people can make mistakes. They can't make games that have non-obvious mechanics.

Vaal Orbs would never make it in to the game because players might lose their item.

Mirror of Kalandra would never make it in, because most players would never find one.

Skill Trees and Points wont make it in, because players will make mistakes.
If PoE was better we'd all be playing it.
It's just that simple.
PoE is absolutely average game, yet it still best (with Grim Dawn) on market from all modern ARPGs. That's telling about state of the ARPGs.

And this is not hate at PoE, I am playing since alpha and still return every "expansion".
11/04/2018 09:41 AMPosted by MWXIII

The Division is a bigger Loot Shooter :P
Dude I can develop the base for a game better than PoE in 20 minutes. PoE is not that great and much of it's fame comes of the lack of attention Blizzard gave to their fans. For me, Grimdawn is a game much better than PoE.
11/04/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Shadow
11/04/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Jimmy

Diablo 4 is being made.
They did an interview with Kotaku yesterday.

Saying There are 2 separate Diablo teams.
One working on the "Main Franchise" and one working on "Mobile Franchise"

They also hinted there maybe more content for Diablo 3.
Since they confirmed they have 2 separate teams - it means if they are working on Diablo 4 and there are more "unannounced projects" than 1 - it means the other one is likely new content for D3.

The quote is this

“There are actually two distinct teams,” Adham said. “That’s something we tried to communicate. I know our community here, there’s a concern that we are focused on this instead of that. The truth is that we have multiple Diablo teams working on multiple unannounced Diablo projects even after announcing [Immortal].”

While one could draw an optimistic conclusion it's Diablo 4 I'm just not sure anymore. We know one team is working with Netflix on the Diablo series for instance, one team is working with Titan Comics on the comics, one team is working on Immortal.

There ya go, "multiple projects".

I desperately want to believe Diablo 4 is in development but if it was I'm not sure why Blizzard is so sheepish to say "Diablo 4 is in early development" instead of couching their language like that.
PoE is garbage.
11/04/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Escacleo
It's just that simple.

It's only that simple if you are a moron.

You do not rank how good a game is by how many people play it, because what that does is drive games like PoE right off the cliff, because it appeals to nobody but a niche subsection of number crunching nerds.

That's why Blizzard is as big as they are; they mastered making a game that BOTH appealed to the hardcore nerds and could keep them occupied AND was at the same time as approachable as anything allowing anyone and everyone to hop on board in 5 minutes.

D3 and now Diablo immortal proves that they dont care anymore about the amazing balance that they had down to perfection years ago.
11/04/2018 09:50 AMPosted by ManiaCCC
PoE is absolutely average game, yet it still best (with Grim Dawn) on market from all modern ARPGs. That's telling about state of the ARPGs.

And this is not hate at PoE, I am playing since alpha and still return every "expansion".

Grim Dawn is better than D2 was.
11/04/2018 09:49 AMPosted by Escacleo
It's just that simple.

A lot of people are.

I don't play either PoE or D3, I think both are pretty poor albeit in different ways. No question though that PoE is far superior to D3.
11/04/2018 09:59 AMPosted by Suedomsa
11/04/2018 09:50 AMPosted by ManiaCCC

Grim Dawn is better than D2 was.

I really love Grim Dawn, don't get me wrong. But I just feel GD classes (or better skill trees) are pretty bland, without soul.. I can't describe it. PoE has same problem (for me). This is where D2, D3 and even Sacred 1/2 did such a good work.
11/04/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Painsponge
Watch his recent stream at the link below(timestamped)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/331436906?t=2h43m36s

Kripp talks about how he thinks Blizzard can't make a better game than PoE and given their current track record I agree with him 100%. After that however he goes on to reveal that D4 was set to be announced at last year's Blizzcon but was pulled for a reason he doesn't know. Now 1 year later and still no announcement.

Just in case you were foolish enough to still think that Blizzard cares about their fans at all this should fully dispel you of that notion.
lol, don't be such an idiot xD
LOL, what are you talking about? Diablo is on another level. It is a much bigger project then PoE. Diablo is a real monster on market of video games. Sorry fans of PoE, but really, nothing to compare here.