Blizzardwatch owner blames Trump for community backlash

General Discussion
lol, this could swing the mid-terms. The question needs to be asked!

Mr President, will YOU be playing Diablo Immortal???
This person DOES NOT work for Blizzard. They own Blizzardwatch.com and are a manager at Modern Tribe Inc.

Please do not blame Blizzard for this person having their own personal opinion. Whether you disagree with them or not, they are welcome to have it.

Please make sure to fact check before forming your own conclusions.

My personal opinion on this issue:
Blizzard is trying to get into the mobile gaming apps for revenue. It's a way to make more money, which is the bottom line of any company: to make money. If a company cannot make money, they won't be around for very long. However, the Diablo franchise has always been on the PC. So I understand why people would be upset that they do not have the option to play Diablo Immortal on their PC. I personally will not be playing it as my older phone would be able to play the game for about 10 minutes (at best) before it died.

My personal opinion on Diablo Immortal (Note: your opinion may differ):
It's fine that they brought it to the phones. I get it. They are trying to make money. But by not also having an option for playing it on the PC, Blizzard is shunning a lot of long time Diablo players. I realize that they have had games on multiple platforms, but until recently, the Diablo franchise has ALWAYS been on the PC. Even when it went to Playstation, XBox, and Switch, it had the same version of the game on the PC (and the PC had it first). I do not play Diablo on the Playstation, XBox, or Switch. It doesn't bother me that D3 was brought to them, as I'm able to enjoy D3 on my PC. And, yes, I do have a phone, but I only use it for phone calls and texting as the battery does not last when playing games, and internet connections outside of my phone are constantly being dropped.

Easy solution:
Have it for the phones, but also release it on the PC. That way the long time player base still gets to play this new Diablo game, they get to witness the lore, and they have something to tide them over until Diablo 4 gets here (if it is still coming). And maybe, just maybe more people will be brought in from the phones to the next iteration of Diablo, and we can all enjoy the that TOGETHER.
I'm sure that guy that said it is just a liberal butthurt about Trump being our president.
I wish trump would buy Blizzard and make diablo great again.
This is like correlating summer pool drownings to ice cream sales; yes, they seem like they go together if you plotted them on a chart, but perhaps they don't.
what a dumb !@#$ing clown
11/05/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Suedomsa
Lol. Although I hate Trump with every fiber of my being he is not the reason Diablo fans are pissed.

Really? I love him. Best President in a long time. He has all the NPC's hating him too. #GuiltyUntilProvenInnocent
11/05/2018 06:35 AMPosted by regawS

I spit up coffee on my keyboard when I read this. Thank you for making laugh!
11/05/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Spluncy
Have it for the phones, but also release it on the PC. That way the long time player base still gets to play this new Diablo game, they get to witness the lore, and they have something to tide them over until Diablo 4 gets here (if it is still coming). And maybe, just maybe more people will be brought in from the phones to the next iteration of Diablo, and we can all enjoy the that TOGETHER.

The trouble is a mobile game like DI is far to simple to be put on the PC. Its a copy paste job from the looks of it. I have not problem with Blizzard making a mobile phone game, its just the way they went about it and announced it at Blizzcon when they should have had so much more to show us. The Diablo Immortal announcement killed any faith I have in Blizzard being able to make Diablo well Diablo again.
Hate Trump, but it has zero to with him and everything to with their crappy business decisions. Trying to scapegoat outside factors that have no bearing on how a game company runs their business, only shows that your head is far up their backside and you don’t want to remove it.
11/05/2018 06:31 AMPosted by need2control
lol, this could swing the mid-terms. The question needs to be asked!

Mr President, will YOU be playing Diablo Immortal???

Blizzard's NPCs are in panic. This is hilarious.
11/05/2018 06:35 AMPosted by regawS

or maybe he bought it already, thats why they removed witch doctor :D for great great white country with yellow president, wasnt he speaking about great china deal ?:D
11/05/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Suedomsa
Lol. Although I hate Trump with every fiber of my being he is not the reason Diablo fans are pissed.

+1
11/05/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Seshos
im from argentina here, i hate diablo immortal, what politician/celebrity have to blame for my feelings??

*we have phones here too
lol... If only to be an outsider looking in sometimes. But yeah I think many if not most here share your sentiment.
Shows how retarded people are. Never go full retard folks.
11/05/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Suedomsa
11/05/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Spluncy

The trouble is a mobile game like DI is far to simple to be put on the PC. Its a copy paste job from the looks of it. I have not problem with Blizzard making a mobile phone game, its just the way they went about it and announced it at Blizzcon when they should have had so much more to show us. The Diablo Immortal announcement killed any faith I have in Blizzard being able to make Diablo well Diablo again.

I don't know about it being too simple to be put on the PC. I mean, I have played minesweeper on the PC. I do agree that it does look like a copy of the other game (at least in style and abilities from what I have seen) and just taken the skins from D3 and slapped them over the other game. I also think that it should have been developed in house versus being outsourced, but that seems to be the way most companies are going nowadays. I think that if they would have shown it, and announced it at that time for PC as well as mobile, it would not have had as bad a backlash as what is happening now (don't get me wrong, I think it still would have had backlash, just not as bad). I also would have liked to hear about the other items that they are working on, I would have liked them to have better answers for things asked such as the Druid for D3 (imo, it sounded like they didn't have a clue one way or the other). All in all, the people on stage just sounded uninformed and unprepared before heading up on stage.
Lol I hope people wake up soon. This is what it's like on the right. Ridiculous assertions like this every day.