It's the lies that hurt

General Discussion
There's a mobile game with Diablo name on it - yeh whatever, nobody cares.

Activision we-built-this-game-from-the-ground-up Blizzard
Activision it-is-a-fully-fledged-Diablo-experience Blizzard
Activision the-forges-are-burning-hot Blizzard
Activision we-don't-know-if-there-will-be-microtransactions Blizzard
Activision deleting-youtube-comments Blizzard
Activision there's-never-been-a-better-time-to-be-a-fan Blizzard
Activision we-have-multiple-projects Blizzard
Activision you-don't-know-what-you-want Blizzard
Activision don't-you-guys-have-phones Blizzard
Activision Diablo-is-family-friendly Blizzard
Activision mobile-is-a-respectable-gaming-platform Blizzard

It's not what Diablo: Immortal is (which is a piece of garbage that Wyatt desperately tried to give the ol' Blizzard polish because he loves Diablo and making this game is killing him inside).
It's all the lies, tricks and dishonesty around Diablo: Immortal that hurts.

Did I miss any?
"we listen to our fans"
"we listen to our fans"
"we have multiple diablo projects in the works"
"Great time to be a Diablo fan"
You know what gets me is when they talk about families and loved ones. I kind of feel like he was exploiting people. The reason for this is to push a product that you dont like and use words like family ect. I know its advertising and stuff but i dont like that sort of stuff.

They talk about waiting at the dentist ect and being on the "go" does that mean you could be done playing in 10 minutes or less.
11/06/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Ultima
They talk about waiting at the dentist ect and being on the "go" does that mean you could be done playing in 10 minutes or less.

That was my understanding also, yes.

Look at the mobile game industry (youtube also).
Over the years they've discovered the optimal time-per-session (or per video) is somewhere around 5-25 min with an ideal of 10-15 min.

That means the game will have to be so simple and the dungeons so short that it's possible for everyone to run through them within roughly 10 minutes.
Now remember that there are a limited number of dungeons. You're gonna be running the same 10-20 min dungeons over and over and over until they release a new zone for only $19.99.
diablo 3 was not targeted for console (beta deleting 7th skill down to 6 to fit controllers)

2015 happy reaper april fools (It was real)

Blizzard is gone o/
11/06/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Ultima
You know what gets me is when they talk about families and loved ones. I kind of feel like he was exploiting people. The reason for this is to push a product that you dont like and use words like family ect. I know its advertising and stuff but i dont like that sort of stuff.

family, loved ones and diablo in the same sentence...wtf?
This happen when a company is forced to create a Blizzcon every year when a game requires 6 year to develop.

Marketing lies to fill the void.
11/06/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Olbat
This happen when a company is forced to create a Blizzcon every year when a game requires 6 year to develop.

Marketing lies to fill the void.

Last Blizzcon they said straight up: "there will be nothing for Diablo"
Nobody cared.

Diablo fans waited 12 years for D3. It was hard but when it came we were happy.
There was no backlash last year when Blizzard was honest and said "look - it takes time, we have nothing ready to show".
When they are honest people are understanding.

No. This is not an excuse.