New ARPG - LAST EPOCH!!

Games & Technology
Looking for a new upcoming ARPG?

Check out LAST EPOCH - currently in Alpha but looks really good plus has a great community and Devs actually respond on the forums! If your after a new ARPG it's worth a look.

After my disappointment by Blizz once again with Diablo I've had a look at PoE and Grim Dawn but also looking to future games and companies.

https://lastepochgame.com/
Waiting for it going to beta and then I'll give it a try. Looks really interesting even in alpha state. Will be sticking to mainly PoE and maybe Grim Dawn while waiting.
11/14/2018 12:23 AMPosted by Aurun

Check out LAST EPOCH - currently in Alpha but looks really good plus has a great community and Devs actually respond on the forums! If your after a new ARPG it's worth a look.

After my disappointment by Blizz once again with Diablo I've had a look at PoE and Grim Dawn but also looking to future games and companies.

You should have a look at Wolcen too. Its pretty good as well but still in Alpha too.
How is the fluidity and combat engine of Last Epoch compared to Diablo 3?
This is the arpg that im looking forward to the most! They have big plans and the devs are really cool!
11/14/2018 12:23 AMPosted by Aurun

Sneaky Steve ??? is that you AGAIN ?.
Last Epoch has by far the best skill system I have ever seen in an ARPG, even compared to D2.
I've actually supported this game and played alot in its initial testing. The skill leveling is really interesting, gearing though seems like an afterthought for now.

As for gameplay fluidity it's on the same level as POE.

From a preference point of view I enjoy the feel of this game over the likes of POE and D3. But without a full release that's all it is, an initial feeling.

I will say it's worth watching and in testing was a lot of fun.
nope, dev from that game went to blizzcon to promote his game, even mentioned it in q and a...i will never support anyone thats like that. that was just rude
11/14/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Krine

They recently updated Last Epoch so stutter-stepping/orb walking are possible. This is super important for responsive and fluid gameplay, so it's very promising.

POE and Wolcen don't have stutter-stepping so I simply can't enjoy them for the long haul. I don't think Grim Dawn does either.

Needless to say, I'm very interested in checking out Last Epoch because it might come closest to D3 in terms of combat fluidity. Still very early though.
The last epoch Devs are awesome very engaged with it's community. The game isn't so bad for an alpha.
11/14/2018 03:30 AMPosted by RedCell

They recently updated Last Epoch so stutter-stepping/orb walking are possible. This is super important for responsive and fluid gameplay, so it's very promising.

POE and Wolcen don't have stutter-stepping so I simply can't enjoy them for the long haul. I don't think Grim Dawn does either.

Needless to say, I'm very interested in checking out Last Epoch because it might come closest to D3 in terms of combat fluidity. Still very early though.

Whats stutter-stepping/orb walking? Serious question.

Any video where i can see the difference between a game with it and without it?

you can download kickstarter demo. Give it try.
11/14/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Korda
nope, dev from that game went to blizzcon to promote his game, even mentioned it in q and a...i will never support anyone thats like that. that was just rude

I never saw that. I did hear someone mention upcoming action rpg's in the Q&A but that is a good question either way.
11/14/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Korda

But you'll support a company that is rude to its millions of fans...? Hrmm... interesting. Bias much.
Steve?
11/14/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Theologist
Any video where i can see the difference between a game with it and without it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3WAyfB-9Fw

Here's some info on stutter stepping in D3.
It seems promising. I've been quietly excited about this game, because I thought if I tried to push it here people would downvote and backlash me.
But it is the most expected ARPG for me at the moment.
Unity engine. !@#$ game. !@#$ devs.