PVP.

Brawling
1 2 3 7 Next
PVP. The bottom line is, you don't see much support around here because all of the players who played Diablo I and II left this franchise when Blizzard betrayed us on their throne of lies.

But there are many players that would come back to Diablo (and future Diablo games) with a stronger PVP aspect. Just a reminder. Furthermore, by not adding PVP, you eliminate a majority of players to buy the product; a majority of players won't even touch a product that does not contain PVP; most of my friends and I are competitive players who won't play a game without some sort of PVP content and two of my friends got a refund for D3 after a week as there was no PVP.

And for all the "shut up pvp guy" people, Diablo was PVP. You may not like it, but it does not make it any less true. Learn to open your mind to the idea of new things if you are so stuck in the concept of not being able to understand how others enjoy certain aspects of a game.

Make no mistake, there is a demand for PVP in ARPGs and there has been a very strong one since Diablo II; it may not be apparent because the players interested in PVP have been all but exiled and betrayed, but we lurk in the shadows, waiting.

Hopefully D4 will be the answer.

(inc downvotes to hell, all pvp players have abandoned this franchise as it has abandoned us)
No it NEVER was pvp. Pvp was and always will be an added gimmick for Diablo. At it's core it's a PvE game that gives the player massive damage that can't be accounted for in a pvp scenario. They can't even balance the PvE side of things so you're an idiot if you think they would in put any effort into pvp balance.

Learn to open your mind to the idea that not every game must have pvp to suit your personal desires. If you want pvp then play one of the many games made for it. Battle royal or various FPS, racers, fighters, mobas and others. This is not and never will be a game for pvp, it's a concept you will deal with because there never will real pvp in this game.
11/23/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Sparhawk
No it NEVER was pvp. Pvp was and always will be an added gimmick for Diablo. At it's core it's a PvE game that gives the player massive damage that can't be accounted for in a pvp scenario. They can't even balance the PvE side of things so you're an idiot if you think they would in put any effort into pvp balance.

Learn to open your mind to the idea that not every game must have pvp to suit your personal desires. If you want pvp then play one of the many games made for it. Battle royal or various FPS, racers, fighters, mobas and others. This is not and never will be a game for pvp, it's a concept you will deal with because there never will real pvp in this game.

Did you play Diablo I and II? I mean, really, did you?

EDIT: I can pull straight from the Diablo wiki and know exactly which camp you reside in; the camp that inevitably made this game alienate itself from an entire sect of players and ultimately hurting the end-game replayability whether you like it or not; also hurting the advertising value of the game -- nobody wants to watch people slay the same monster over and over on Twitch.

Tell me what kinds of games get the top hits and top advertisements?
I can only compare the adrenaline rush of hardcore PVP in Diablo II akin to being on my sportsbike hitting a blind curve at triple the posted speed and not knowing what is on the other end. Imagine walking away with some barbs ear as my trophy after a visceral fight, collecting piles of ears on high, being known as a threat and then.... that moment when my reign came to an end. The inevitable moment when someone has a build that you didn't think of, or that you miscalculated, and it is all over. You then take your grief and build another character aspiring to be better and stronger than before.

Please Blizzard, please Diable community.. the ear collecting as a trophy of a slain enemy by going hostile. At least consider hostile servers and something akin to ear collecting or trophy PVP as an option because there is a sect of the ARPG population that is untapped, just waiting for this.
You keep pointing fingers but fail to realize that pvp has always beena gimmick for a minority of players. You are one of the very few asking for while the vasy majority of the community wants far better things.

nobody wants to watch people slay the same monster over and over on Twitch.

It's hilarious you say this and fail to realize that's exactly what has happened. LoL has one map and people keep watching players kill minions for 15 minutes over and over. Diablo has had plenty of watches of nothing but PvE, as has other popular ARPGS like PoE. Hell WoW has made an esport out of PVE dungeon running for speed timer and world first clears of raid PVE content has always been a very big deal.

Reality is that people DO enjoy watching the same monsters being killed because the streamers are entertaining and play with different builds. PvP in diablo has been always will be a side activity that will get no work towards it. It's not important and never will be.

Cry all you want but there are far more important things than pvp.
11/23/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Sparhawk
You keep pointing fingers but fail to realize that pvp has always beena gimmick for a minority of players.

Not true at all.

Trading and pvp are two big things that D2 had were D3 failed hard.

Is pvp the main focus ? Not at all. But not a gimmick for a minority of players.

Tbh I was playing D2 right now. It's easier to find a pvp room than a group to play in D3.
I want PvP as well, but it's pointless if progression is shallow and items are uninspired.

People are under the impression that PvP effects PvE. When it actually doesn't. When it comes to nerfs. If an item is too strong against other players, then it's probably too strong against AI.

This may not be true in every case but PvP appeals to large crowd, Diablo 1 and 2 both had it. It's part of the game whether you like it or not.
I want PvP as well, but it's pointless if progression is shallow and items are uninspired.

People are under the impression that PvP effects PvE. When it actually doesn't. When it comes to nerfs. If an item is too strong against other players, then it's probably too strong against AI.

This may not be true in every case but PvP appeals to large crowd, Diablo 1 and 2 both had it. It's part of the game whether you like it or not.

I completely agree.

And the best part is...don't like it ? Don't pvp. The game is already amazing without it.
Pvp in Diablo is possible in d2 thanks to a hostile button. Despite the PVE Core of d2, pvp is very viable as an additional layer of threat for the pve progression.

At first I used to be frustrated when someone killed me in hardcore or grabbed my stuff. But I'm now certain it makes perfect sense and it makes highers up the excitement.
D2 is meant to be brutal in every sense because it's what the Lore and the artstyle is about: an unforgiving universe. It sets a climate of tension.

D3 players are used to a safe environment, it feels like visiting a country with a tour operator. In d3 a human player cannot be a potential helper or threat. What is the point of a multiplayer game then?

PVP Arenas (and boss rooms) are a mood killer and don't contribute to the feeling of 1 diablo universe. It reminds too much of Mario/zelda boss fights.
recently came back to diablo 3, i've been waiting so long for pvp to be "re-implemented". I thought this game died 3 years ago, took the game back in my switch, liked it but i'm also about to put it down for other games, unless pvp will make me change my mind, anyway blizzard should be happy i still bought the game, that is what matters to them right now right?

pvp arenas? you're kidding right? what I mean is real pvp, mindless murder while doing rifts player can kill another player, loot stealing, kill stealing. That, my friend is pvp. That is what's called "outlet" of homicidal tendencies.
PvP is a stark reminder of broken promises and very bad game design in D3 that got abandoned years ago. They can’t add PvP anymore, game too fubar.
11/23/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Zorak
11/23/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Sparhawk
You keep pointing fingers but fail to realize that pvp has always beena gimmick for a minority of players.

Not true at all.

Trading and pvp are two big things that D2 had were D3 failed hard.

Is pvp the main focus ? Not at all. But not a gimmick for a minority of players.

Tbh I was playing D2 right now. It's easier to find a pvp room than a group to play in D3.

It’s a gimmick.

Anything that has that amount of restrictions and rules introduced by the players plus glitch utilization is a gimmick. There’s no other way to look at it. It was never a serious goal of the devs and players have to jump through hoops and have agreements to get any modicum of fairness.
11/23/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Thieve
PVP. The bottom line is, you don't see much support around here because all of the players who played Diablo I and II left this franchise when Blizzard betrayed us on their throne of lies.

But there are many players that would come back to Diablo (and future Diablo games) with a stronger PVP aspect. Just a reminder. Furthermore, by not adding PVP, you eliminate a majority of players to buy the product; a majority of players won't even touch a product that does not contain PVP; most of my friends and I are competitive players who won't play a game without some sort of PVP content and two of my friends got a refund for D3 after a week as there was no PVP.

And for all the "shut up pvp guy" people, Diablo was PVP. You may not like it, but it does not make it any less true. Learn to open your mind to the idea of new things if you are so stuck in the concept of not being able to understand how others enjoy certain aspects of a game.

Make no mistake, there is a demand for PVP in ARPGs and there has been a very strong one since Diablo II; it may not be apparent because the players interested in PVP have been all but exiled and betrayed, but we lurk in the shadows, waiting.

Hopefully D4 will be the answer.

(inc downvotes to hell, all pvp players have abandoned this franchise as it has abandoned us)

Trading and pvp are crucial for the next entry in the franchise.
Dueling was so much fun in D2. It made me want to mf, and get gear even more. It made grinding more important to me because you could work your way up to a perfect pvp character by farming and trading. For those who are downvoting pvp, you guys wouldn’t have to play it. We were told we would get pvp and we should of got it. When Diablo 3 was originally launched and we were told we would have pvp, I couldn’t think of any other game i wanted to play. Once they scrapped pvp, I knew eventually I would stop playing. Pvp gave more of a variety of things to do and adds another end game for people who like player vs player interactions. After they announced unlimited paragon levels i knew that would be the final blow for any chance of pvp because that makes balancing even harder. We definitely lost a lot of people due to no pvp, and they aren’t here to defend it because they are most likely playing something else.
There is truth in saying that PvP in Diablo 2 was somewhat of a gimmick but its a blatant lie to say that it was irrelevant in keeping D2 as long as it was. If it was not a goal of the devs then, it should have been for Diablo 3 and it should be for their next game. The fact that people created many of the rules, tournaments, and so on for D2 PvP shows that people did actually want it and many were hoping that PvP would be expanded and supported in Diablo 3.

Imagine if Blizzard had actually kept its promise for PvP in D3. We could have had different PvP maps, scenarios, company-supported tournaments, larger build variety (which would be supported by the ability to swap out skills, something we did not have in D2). It could have been really fun.
I'm all for PVP, but not like it was in D2... Having people lvl 90 joining games made by lvl 20 players just to kill them endlessly until they make a new game was not making the game better for the community as a whole.

Allow people to accept or decline duels, this way people who are there to play the game wont get their games ruined by someone who's just there to an ahole.
11/23/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Thieve
And for all the "shut up pvp guy" people, Diablo was PVP.

PvP is a totally other gamegenre than aRPG, so pack your bags.
only real RPG expansions can save any game from PvP or P2W carnivores.
11/24/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Imperius
I'm all for PVP, but not like it was in D2... Having people lvl 90 joining games made by lvl 20 players just to kill them endlessly until they make a new game was not making the game better for the community as a whole.

Allow people to accept or decline duels, this way people who are there to play the game wont get their games ruined by someone who's just there to an ahole.

What is the point of a multiplayer game in which an other player can not be considered a threat? What you propose is basically what is already in d3: a safe environment.
11/24/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Olbat
11/24/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Imperius

What is the point of a multiplayer game in which an other player can not be considered a threat? What you propose is basically what is already in d3: a safe environment.

What I propose is a lot like what D2 had, but it doesn't reward jerks with the satisfaction of being able to ruin the gaming experience of new players or people leveling up
If your idea of PVP is attacking people who can't possibly win against you then you're just not good at PVPing. What you want is Player Killing, not Player VS Player