PVP.

Brawling
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
lol the d3 community has a bunch of snow flakes here. First pvp is a side thing pve came first killing bosses and minions. But end game after you finish gearing yourself out of your mind and getting close to 99. You had nothing else to do and thats why you went to pvp and it kept the game fun. Also when someone came in your game and hostile it kept it exciting to me at least. Cant tell me when you saw you got hostile your heart rate didn't go up. Also if someone want to talk mad smack you could just slammed them in pvp. Back when it first came out you couldnt even play in a pub game because you would get tppk or even dirty tp was funny. aka i've always play hardcore. But now everyone here is soft as !@#$.
11/26/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Sparhawk
Reality check, if d2 pvp had been important then pvp would of been a major thing at D3 launch

They didnt add PvP at launch. It was promised on the box but not added until RoS and it still wasnt the arenas that were promised on the cover art. It was a huge issue people constantly complained about in the forums.

cause the RMAH would of made blizz a ton of money.

They didnt need PvP for RMAH to make a ton of money.

As it was in D2

Lol another person who didn't play D2 very long.

it's easy to see that there's been no real pvp here.

Because it's broken, due to ^-*!ty devs who dont want/care to appeal to their niche fans. Another example of them being disconnected with their player base

I was going to leave this thread because it's honestly just becoming a circle jerk of jackasses who apparently hate social features in a online only game but jesus christ the ignorance and snob in this post alone is just palpable.
11/26/2018 08:59 PMPosted by RasaQ
11/25/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
...It's the only reason D2 lasted so long.

Perfect items were a big deal because of PvP. Farming existed to find items for PvP. The third party market only existed because of PvP. People traded for PvP gear.

I don't know what you did when you played D2, but the entire purpose of the game for most people was PvP.

It’s funny because d2 pvp was/is more balanced than WoW ever was. Everyone complains about hammerdins but a good wind Druid or Nec would destroy hammerdin 10/10. Anyone who thinks d2 wasn’t about pvp obviously never reached end game.

Let’s be honest though, if you aren’t at least in your late 20’s or early 30’s then you probably never played d2 during its heyday. I assume a majority of the people here are younger than that.

Those who played D2 in its hey day do it use terms like “endgame”. That entitled concept wasn’t around. You played the game again and again if you liked it. But to keep with the times “endgame” was trading for duped HR to make the godly items you would never make in a lifetime without botting.

Believe it or not those of use in our late 30’s early 40’s didn’t have internet till our early late 20’s so gaming has been a solo thing most of the time meaning pvp was never important.
Hate when people say it was NEVER PVP.....

Um... Blizzcon 2010 showing off PVP arenas....

Unfinished product..... Now to mobile!??!?! Ew....
11/26/2018 10:13 PMPosted by team2diablo
lol the d3 community has a bunch of snow flakes here. First pvp is a side thing pve came first killing bosses and minions. But end game after you finish gearing yourself out of your mind and getting close to 99. You had nothing else to do and thats why you went to pvp and it kept the game fun. Also when someone came in your game and hostile it kept it exciting to me at least. Cant tell me when you saw you got hostile your heart rate didn't go up. Also if someone want to talk mad smack you could just slammed them in pvp. Back when it first came out you couldnt even play in a pub game because you would get tppk or even dirty tp was funny. aka i've always play hardcore. But now everyone here is soft as !@#$.
I get that. My problem is balancing PvE and PvP is hard. ARPG are pretty much all about the PvE. So then when you try and tack on PvP its kind of well not very good. If they can find away to balance it and make it fun I want it damn right. I love souls games and there all about PvP and ganking nubs;)

If I ever think I have nothing else to do in a video game, then I stop playing it and do something else. Nothing keeps anyone interested forever, nor should games be designed to do so.

You also make it seem like people don’t want PvP because they’re scared of it or something. I play PvP games all the time. Difference is, I play games where PvP is the focus and thus a hell of a lot more fun than some unbalanced mess.
11/27/2018 07:26 AMPosted by Orrion

If I ever think I have nothing else to do in a video game, then I stop playing it and do something else. Nothing keeps anyone interested forever, nor should games be designed to do so.

You also make it seem like people don’t want PvP because they’re scared of it or something. I play PvP games all the time. Difference is, I play games where PvP is the focus and thus a hell of a lot more fun than some unbalanced mess.
This↑
I do not know why people are against PVP. If you don't like it, don't PVP. =

Lets say Impale is one shotting people. PvP'rs will complain to Blizz. Blizz nerfs Impale, and now its not as fun in PvE. Or Wizard keeps people locked down too hard, or WD runs away while pets do all the work. Or people can't get away from charge barb. Whatever it is that people don't like in pvp, they will attempt to suggest some fix, at the sacrifice of pve's gameplay.

Blizz should have split WoW PvP off into a separate game when WoW introduced arenas. That way they can balance specifically for PvP, and the PvE game can balance specifically for PvE.

edit - look at WoW, its so bad, that they have completely separate abilities soley for PvP that PvE'rs don't have access to that some used to be for PvE. Its sucks, because now PvE'rs feel their skills have been pruned to far, and its not as fun as used to be.
11/27/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Pereg
I do not know why people are against PVP. If you don't like it, don't PVP. =

Lets say Impale is one shotting people. PvP'rs will complain to Blizz. Blizz nerfs Impale, and now its not as fun in PvE. Or Wizard keeps people locked down too hard, or WD runs away while pets do all the work. Or people can't get away from charge barb. Whatever it is that people don't like in pvp, they will attempt to suggest some fix, at the sacrifice of pve's gameplay.

Blizz should have split WoW PvP off into a separate game when WoW introduced arenas. That way they can balance specifically for PvP, and the PvE game can balance specifically for PvE.

edit - look at WoW, its so bad, that they have completely separate abilities soley for PvP that PvE'rs don't have access to that some used to be for PvE. Its sucks, because now PvE'rs feel their skills have been pruned to far, and its not as fun as used to be.
Like I said if Blizzard can find away to add PvP with out breaking PvE I am all for it. Thing is I am not sure how they can do that. I know I keep bring up the souls games but I think it fits really well. Those games are PvE and PvP and for most part pretty balanced not perfect but not super broken. If Blizzard can look at those games see what they did right and what they did wrong maybe.
Whenever a game's developers start trying to take PVP seriously (vs. having it as an unsupported side thing), it always affects PVE in some negative way. D3 has always been a PVE-centric game, possibly the most PVE-centric game supported by Blizzard today. Even Hearthstone is technically a PVP game.

Trash mobs and bosses don't complain about too much crowd control, too much burst damage, or some gear build being over-powered, but PVPers complain about that stuff nonstop. Go to the forums for Blizzard's PVP-centric games, and a large number of the posts are people whining and wanting the classes, heroes, or builds they lost against nerfed. Heck, even with Warmode in WoW for those who actually want world PVP, the Horde PVPers are complaining about how there aren't enough Alliance players around for them to dogpile on and gank.

And, as someone else pointed out, what a lot of D2 players here are really wanting in D3 is just sadistic player killing/ganking, and that shouldn't be supported in a team-oriented game like D3 where you routinely group with strangers.
11/27/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Cobaltus
Whenever a game's developers start trying to take PVP seriously (vs. having it as an unsupported side thing), it always affects PVE in some negative way. D3 has always been a PVE-centric game, possibly the most PVE-centric game supported by Blizzard today. Even Hearthstone is technically a PVP game.

Trash mobs and bosses don't complain about too much crowd control, too much burst damage, or some gear build being over-powered, but PVPers complain about that stuff nonstop. Go to the forums for Blizzard's PVP-centric games, and a large number of the posts are people whining and wanting the classes, heroes, or builds they lost against nerfed. Heck, even with Warmode in WoW for those who actually want world PVP, the Horde PVPers are complaining about how there aren't enough Alliance players around for them to dogpile on and gank.

And, as someone else pointed out, what a lot of D2 players here are really wanting in D3 is just sadistic player killing/ganking, and that shouldn't be supported in a team-oriented game like D3 where you routinely group with strangers.
PK and ganking is fine if game is made for it. I know I am beating this dead horse to death but Souls game do this right. People can invade your games if you go to the wrong spot or someone in your zone and looks for players to invade. But I can call on allies and helpful player to fight off invaders.
11/23/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Sparhawk
No it NEVER was pvp.

You never played d1/d2.

This guy gets it.

Dueling outside tristram was one of my favourite memories of diablo. I miss it.

Imagine if there still was dueling and PK'ing ? You'd have so many children coming on these forums crying.
11/23/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Sparhawk
No it NEVER was pvp.

You never played d1/d2.
LOL everyone talks about D2 PKing D1 was even more brutal. You drop your gear on death and could lose it all...
PvP should definitely be in D4, there is huge potential there if done right(as in active players online) and Blizzard would be silly to leave it out. It just needs to be adapted so that PvM doesn't suffer/is affected by it(i.e balance).
D2 was and always will be the staple to a legendary pvp game. No other game has done it better than D2. Every now and then i go back and play some more, there's no old game that makes me do that. Whoever said that D2 was not a pvp game is a 12 year old who likes single player maps and plays 10 games at once with no real talent in any. If it wasn't for the millions of little kids complaining about getting stomped in pvp, D3 would have never taken such a dumb-down approach. Everything that was epic about D2 was removed in D3..... runewords, insanely customized classes, unbalanced abilities, player killing randoms, going hostile in pub games and stomping, god it was such a great game..... After all the crying from people who felt like their 10 hours of gameplay a month did not match up to those who played 10 hours a day, we got D3 and now Diablo Noob Immortal. Great job ! you can now hit paragon 6 billion and kill monsters on highest difficulty level over and over again :)

Only if they had introduced that arena gamemode they showed at blizzcon pre-release, balanced or not, D3 would have had much more replay-ability. People have to remember there is no such thing as balance when comparing 1 person who put 10 000 hours in a game vs someone who put 100. It's supposed to be unbalanced you complaining noobs. Get stomped, move on and go play single-player.
11/27/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Gannon
11/26/2018 08:59 PMPosted by RasaQ

It’s funny because d2 pvp was/is more balanced than WoW ever was. Everyone complains about hammerdins but a good wind Druid or Nec would destroy hammerdin 10/10. Anyone who thinks d2 wasn’t about pvp obviously never reached end game.

Let’s be honest though, if you aren’t at least in your late 20’s or early 30’s then you probably never played d2 during its heyday. I assume a majority of the people here are younger than that.

Those who played D2 in its hey day do it use terms like “endgame”. That entitled concept wasn’t around. You played the game again and again if you liked it. But to keep with the times “endgame” was trading for duped HR to make the godly items you would never make in a lifetime without botting.

Believe it or not those of use in our late 30’s early 40’s didn’t have internet till our early late 20’s so gaming has been a solo thing most of the time meaning pvp was never important.

What’s your point? We’re not talking about gaming in general, we’re talking about d2 and d2lod. By the time d2 dropped online gaming was a thing. The term “endgame” may not have existed back then but it means the same thing. I don’t know anyone who played to mf that didn’t have pvp in mind.
Just wanted to say I support OP. Diablo 2's PvP and replayability associated with it got me into competitive games. I loved making new chars to try diff builds for duels. It's a major reason I didn't much care for DIII. Why remove the duel function?
11/27/2018 10:53 AMPosted by ExHuMeD
D2 was and always will be the staple to a legendary pvp game. No other game has done it better than D2. Every now and then i go back and play some more, there's no old game that makes me do that. Whoever said that D2 was not a pvp game is a 12 year old who likes single player maps and plays 10 games at once with no real talent in any. If it wasn't for the millions of little kids complaining about getting stomped in pvp, D3 would have never taken such a dumb-down approach. Everything that was epic about D2 was removed in D3..... runewords, insanely customized classes, unbalanced abilities, player killing randoms, going hostile in pub games and stomping, god it was such a great game..... After all the crying from people who felt like their 10 hours of gameplay a month did not match up to those who played 10 hours a day, we got D3 and now Diablo Noob Immortal. Great job ! you can now hit paragon 6 billion and kill monsters on highest difficulty level over and over again :)

Only if they had introduced that arena gamemode they showed at blizzcon pre-release, balanced or not, D3 would have had much more replay-ability. People have to remember there is no such thing as balance when comparing 1 person who put 10 000 hours in a game vs someone who put 100. It's supposed to be unbalanced you complaining noobs. Get stomped, move on and go play single-player.
Sorry dude D2 PvP was poorly balanced and unfun. If you want real PvP game that's somewhat balanced try the souls games.
[/quote]Sorry dude D2 PvP was poorly balanced and unfun. If you want real PvP game that's someone balanced try the souls games.[/quote]

How was it poorly balanced? What was strong? What was weak? Speaking in cliches makes it sound like you don’t know what you’re talking about.