Star Pact needs dialing back. (No more macro wiz)

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
I would love to see star pact get dialed back a little bit, in hopes to not see a macro using wizard in the 4man group meta next season. It would be the 3rd season in a row if it is not changed. Don't dial back the wizard sets, just the star pact skill damage should suffice. No game should require a full macro to play competitively... Especially, not for over a two year time-span without being corrected.

I am NOT referring to the paragon swap macro
FYI in this PTR patch, we cannot change paragon point in GR anymore.
At xel. Your right on para swap but I think he referring to another macro.

Also it's only been about a year of star pack. S12 had wd for the first month ish as meta before it was discovered.

But how would you nerf a skill that scales of arcane power spent. Without nerfing other parts of it aka nilfers, the staff, without nerfing other metoer builds?

If the macro died via bans being tossed out like candy would be a much better nerf then skill and Legos changes. Because it is possible to do starpack without a macro. Does it take a stable and low Ms connection yes. But it is possible.
I'd rather they nerfed the meteor legendarys rather than the star pact skill itself. As long as they buffed legendarys for the various non-meteor skills at the same time so soloing as a wizard was more diverse and felt better.
11/26/2018 04:21 PMPosted by DisposableH
I'd rather they nerfed the meteor legendarys rather than the star pact skill itself. As long as they buffed legendarys for the various non-meteor skills at the same time so soloing as a wizard was more diverse and felt better.

Frozen Orb, Meteor Shower, Star Pact and Archon(2-3 of them?)... And some of these builds may be implemented with more than one set. It hasn't been this diverse since... Well, it's never been this diverse in RoS if memory serves me right. I agree that they could do more to make it even more diverse by supporting some of the other skills. But this is already pretty good!
I agree with OP, but in full honesty it has been dialed back more than I thought it would be.

It isn't as simple as ditching FB's 4000% dmg and replacing it with Tal's 12,000% damage (which is what I was expecting). Tal's skill slot requirements prevents you from fitting in Wave of Force - Arcane attunement which is sometimes a pretty significant DPS loss.

The current top clear on PTR is done by meteor shower, not starpact, and while I think given enough time, a starpact build will overtake it, it's close enough not to be a no-brainer.

Also relevant is that Tal's needs the seasonal grandeur bonus to fit Endless Walk into the build (or else give up COE/halo in order to cube RORG), and I think I'm okay with any particular build being overpowered for one season.

That said, I think even without the seasonal bonus, channel/meteor builds are still a tier ahead of anything else, including frozen orb, archon, etc. Would be nice to see some adjustment to the legendaries to remedy this, since just tinkering with the sets isn't cutting it.
11/26/2018 04:16 PMPosted by shadowforge
At xel. Your right on para swap but I think he referring to another macro.

Also it's only been about a year of star pack. S12 had wd for the first month ish as meta before it was discovered.

But how would you nerf a skill that scales of arcane power spent. Without nerfing other parts of it aka nilfers, the staff, without nerfing other metoer builds?

If the macro died via bans being tossed out like candy would be a much better nerf then skill and Legos changes. Because it is possible to do starpack without a macro. Does it take a stable and low Ms connection yes. But it is possible.
Banning for a macro they don't/can't really do. Considering you can run one with any decent mouse or keyboard. They ban for botting, for those who get top clears on leaderboards. I have been playing this game for a LONG LONG time lol. I've seen a lot of stuff. But the macro wiz really bothers me. No I am not referring to the paragon swap macro. It's a macro for the cycle to sync with COE rotations. It's absurd, and it needs to stop.

Want a different trash killer for grs. Really want a new rgk, not genmonk, or impale DH please. I want us all to be confused as hell all season. CHAOS!!!!
11/27/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Emay
I agree with OP, but in full honesty it has been dialed back more than I thought it would be.

It isn't as simple as ditching FB's 4000% dmg and replacing it with Tal's 12,000% damage (which is what I was expecting). Tal's skill slot requirements prevents you from fitting in Wave of Force - Arcane attunement which is sometimes a pretty significant DPS loss.

The current top clear on PTR is done by meteor shower, not starpact, and while I think given enough time, a starpact build will overtake it, it's close enough not to be a no-brainer.

Also relevant is that Tal's needs the seasonal grandeur bonus to fit Endless Walk into the build (or else give up COE/halo in order to cube RORG), and I think I'm okay with any particular build being overpowered for one season.

That said, I think even without the seasonal bonus, channel/meteor builds are still a tier ahead of anything else, including frozen orb, archon, etc. Would be nice to see some adjustment to the legendaries to remedy this, since just tinkering with the sets isn't cutting it.

I agree with you a lot. I wouldn't want to see the Tal set get dialed back at all. They could probably bring it on par to the 14-15k range. Nor do i want to see Meteor multiplier gear get dialed back. Just star pact itself. The damage per mana spent would be a perfect and easy thing to patch. I don't care if the wizard ends up being the trashclear again. Just as long as they're not having to use a macro. But cheers to the nerd(s) that figured that out.

Spoken like a true solo player. I just don't want to listen to people whine in discord about their damn timing on some stupid macro while pushing. It's ridiculous.
11/26/2018 03:14 PMPosted by XelNagaIvan
FYI in this PTR patch, we cannot change paragon point in GR anymore.

#NOOB

not referring to paragon swap
11/27/2018 05:30 PMPosted by slagger1982

Spoken like a true solo player. I just don't want to listen to people whine in discord about their damn timing on some stupid macro while pushing. It's ridiculous.
A skill combination in which it is essential to bypass the standard controls to play properly is a poorly designed one on the part of the developers, and it is well past time they shook up the 4 player meta anyway. I honestly don't care if they dial back star pact or not, as long as other builds are good by comparison.
11/27/2018 05:28 PMPosted by slagger1982
Just as long as they're not having to use a macro

I agree macro needs to go away but implying that it's required is simply not true. Not only is it possible to play star pact without a macro, it's not even difficult after some practice. Most players simply choose to use a macro due to laziness.
11/26/2018 04:16 PMPosted by shadowforge

[/quote]

It's been longer. It feels like an eternity.

At least they killed Rat runs. LON necro may prevail though...