Hating DI = "toxic masculinity"

General Discussion
Apparently this Will J Power guy thinks people are bashing on mobile games because its female dominated.

His logic is basically this:

Bashing mobile games = bashing females = toxic masculinity.

Even on that same Twitter chat, there are women calling him out for deciding that they needed to be protected when clearly they never needed such to start with because he has completely misunderstood the whole damn situation. Classic SJW.
11/03/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Hypersonic
Apparently this Will J Power guy thinks people are bashing on mobile games because its female dominated.

His logic is basically this:

Bashing mobile games = bashing females = toxic masculinity.

Even on that same Twitter chat, there are women calling him out for deciding that they needed to be protected when clearly they never needed such to start with because he has completely misunderstood the whole damn situation. Classic SJW.

Male feminists always have an ulterior motive.
Remember gamergate? Remember how many people hoping it would spark a bit of ethics into games journalism got mauled by feminists who simply took the narrative to push forward their female privilege agenda?

It's that debacle all over again. Feminists will see any chance to re-purpose any narrative towards their end goal it's not even surprising anymore how shameless they've become. These selfish intruding bullies are once again, trying to take a gamer-centric issue and make it their own battle-horse, trivializing the actual issue itself in the process.

Do these morons even realize how many girls love Diablo? Rhetorical question, of course. These people obviously don't have the slightest idea of what the current gaming landscape is like.

That being said, don't allow these obnoxious bullies to distract you from the actual issue here. Mobile is becoming the go-to place for profit, and that's inevitably going to lead many more beloved franchises to become soulless husks of their former selves to indulge the greedy.

These ridiculous SJWs probably aren't even aware of this. And why would they? They don't even give a damn about gaming itself. Even if they end up picking this Diablo Immortal thing, they'll most likely dispose of it after a couple weeks and move onto the next trendy thing. To these people, gaming is just another hornets' nest to stir every now and then for clicks in hopes to remain somewhat relevant. They don't care for the medium, the art, or even the crappy business practices they're tacitly endorsing every time they try to validate mobile as a proper gaming platform, seemingly oblivious about the massive rot that's consumed the platform before it even had a chance to flourish as a respectable environment for gaming.
“Don’t you guys have phones?”
“Hold my soy latte” - Will Powers
He's a hack has-been developer clawing for attention by using buzzword to attempt to bait people in to a response (aka a troll) People upset that this is a mobile game aren't upset because they hate all mobile games (in fact nearly every gamer I know plays mobile games) they are upset because 1. mobile is a !@#$ medium for an arpg. 2. The game was hacked together by a garbage Chinese developer known for making %^-* mobile game with BS monetization schemes. 3. People have been waiting for substantive D3 new and blizzard teased them earlier in the year and then dropped this steaming turd.

No one bashed Hearthstone when it went to mobile devices because it's a good fit for the platform. And people would not have been upset about immortals if Blizzard had either A. not teased/built it up or B. released info on a second Diablo game people actually want (even just a quick hey d2 remaster/d4/whatever is also coming more info next year would do).

My advice ignore @willjpowers he's a lonely troll trying to make drama let him go be alone with his dog.
That guy oh boy, talk about a !@#$ty hot take.
Who the hell is that soyboy? So, not liking a product is now toxic masculinity? What's wrong with masculinity anyway?
... Another lefty moron.

Its why I vote republican. I know they have their major yuge issues. But I seriously cant be seen standing next to someone that would say something this dumb.

And Im libertarian/center.

toxic masculinity lol.
Be slow with them, they have a blue checkmark
11/03/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Aguy
Well, the guy says mobile gaming in general, but it's in response to the DI backlash.

I'm guessing there's no shortage of women here who disagree with his silly take.

https://twitter.com/WillJPowers/status/1058446033724694528

Honestly, bad as his point is, I can understand him defending the platform he cares about most.

He's still wrong (I thought I disliked mobile games due to their lack of fun/challenge,) but I can see why he's making the post.
Gamers rise up.
Btw that guy is a mobile game developer so he has a stake in defending them hes also a rampant lefty lunatic and in another tweet threatened to kill a 12 year old for threatning to kill his dog still waiting on twitter to tell me if hell be banned not holding my breath

https://imgur.com/a/O5BA2bk

Edit he blocked me for pointing out hes a @*%*!**** for threatning a kid and heres his tweet
I saw an article earlier which I wont link because they don't deserve clicks that said anyone who is mad about DI is NOT a real fan and is just a troll. I'd love to see them say these things to many of the well known and long time diablo community members and personalities upset about this who know about a million times more about the series and have infinitely more love for it than some hack game "journalist" and his buddy.
Aren't they being sexist by posting this crap? Why is this a gender issue? Garbage author setting up bait.
and the wise word of boogy2289, i have a refrigerator, but i dont wanna play diablo on it
I don't know who that guy is, but he needs to go away.
This was expected, lol.

Next they'll be calling us all "incels". That's pretty hilarious. For the record, I've been married for 12 years.

Really though, it really isn't all that odd that Blizzard or people that back them in the media would stoop to insults. I mean, those of us that are outraged over Diablo: Immortal have been calling the developers, the company and anybody in the media that speaks in the defense of them all kinds of names for two days straight.

But that what happens when a company decided to abandon loyal fans of a franchise to go off in search of a new audience that won't be nearly as loyal. An audiences loyalty to a game or company only goes as long as the company reciprocates.
11/03/2018 09:09 PMPosted by jefe
still waiting on twitter to tell me if hell be banned not holding my breath

Ya, don't hold your breath. There's a double standard on platforms like Twitter that speaks volumes for the political agenda of those running it. If you conform to this political agenda, you are allowed to write anything and everything, no matter how disgusting and wrong it is, with impunity. If, however, you do not conform with this political agenda you instantly become the subject of marginalisation, censorship and bans for any insignificant thing that you write. This guy falls into the former category. I would not put my hopes up at a guy like this getting banned for misandry and for abusing children. There is a hashtag on twitter run by feminists promoting the outright murder of men, containing now tens of thousands of tweets by thousands of feminists. Some of the tweets are so disgusting and criminal they make your stomach turn. It's been around for two years now I think. Twitter has refused to take it down despite hundreds of complaints. So ya, I would not put my hopes up at a guy like this getting banned...and you know what...I don't think it is healthy to have people like this banned. Let them express their views. They do a better job at refuting what they stand for than any person who apposes their views ever could.
11/03/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Tjillin
How degrading that they think that females are all mobile gamers and males are the ones with compensating pc's. Thanks. All that money for my comp and I'm supposed to sit down, shut up (about games) and be pretty... I mean, sit down, shut up about manly man-games and play on my mobile phone.

Well, got a 4k rig and lacking a *#*%*!!@.
I guess I'm boobesque toxicity then.

11/03/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Aguy
What I take issue with is this guy implying that people who are upset right now are sexist.

Worst part is that when something sexist is really going on, it's not being taken seriously because of people abusing it (the irony).

A guy on another forum I post on called me a bigot because I said my sister was mad at the announcement and if that made here a dude.

She’s been playing Diablo since the 90s like me. All I could do is facepalm.