David Brevik says stop being a @!@%#*!!.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/05/2018 12:23 AMPosted by StrikerJolt
11/05/2018 12:19 AMPosted by neo

Hey dude if mobile gaming is so great, why aren't you practicing on NetEase's games? LMAO

I never said mobile games were good or bad. I never hinted to such a position. Therefor

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

I said I'm going to hold my judgement until I play the actual game and if it's a quick cash grab. I will be right here - admitting that I'm wrong and all of you are right.

Shut up shill.
Look, Diablo: Immortal footage

https://youtu.be/2-SLvqXyrI4?t=90

no, wait, that's the game they are reskinning into Diablo: Immortal, my bad
I did not know I was an a-hole because I downvoted a video.
The dude is porting PoE to mobile. No surprise about his response to Diablo Immortal here.
You really don't get it, do you?

This isn't about a $@$!ing mobile game. This is about Activision-Blizzard's blatant disregard to their starving Diablo audience.

11/04/2018 11:20 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
Wow the massive downvotes are incoming.

Hahaha. That's great. The man you ALL want back working at Blizzard, that you love to worship and idolize tells you guys to back off and you still downvote.

The very man that creator Diablo 1 and 2 and laid the foundations for the genre.

And you still downvote.

Yeah, that's called having a different opinion or point of view, even if I like his past work that doesn't means I am gonna blindly agree with everything he says like a good dog.
Went to post on my phone, but had to pay 99 cents.
Brevik is hooked into China hardcore via Tencent and PoE so it's no surprise he's got terrible advice.

#NotOnMyPhone
Hey Brevik, ( ° ͜ʖ͡°) ... ... .........╭∩╮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h2Hwf_ES1A}

He says you guys need to chill out, stop being a *#%****!, and give it a chance.

[/quote]

I will when he does.
At the end of the day the thing that will make or break this game for the community is the pay structure. It's by far not ideal that it is a mobile exclusive for a franchise that was built on PC and found solid legs on a capable console generation. It's not ideal that they announced this distraction, and make no mistake, that's all mobile games ever really amount to (they don't engender long term loyalty in the way a PC or console title does), to a crowded room of long time PC gamers.

If I can pay a one time fee to play the full game without time-gating, resource limitations, or character limitations, I'll buy this game and have something to do sitting on the subway. If they really think that this game is going to proffer any kind of long term stability or depth to the Diablo franchise as a micro-transaction bloated piece of frivolous time wasting, they're in for a very rude awakening.
11/04/2018 11:14 PMPosted by StrikerJolt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h2Hwf_ES1A

He says you guys need to chill out, stop being a *#%****!, and give it a chance.

I agree with him. At first I was mad and angry before I saw the Blizzcon panels and saw Wyatt's horror. But David makes a good point - when franchises go multi-platform - they tend to have a mobile game along with it. This is a good thing for everyone because obviously brings in more potential audience. He calls it "growing pains."

This was not the fault of the developers. This was superiors telling them to do something and before you go "lawl, quit." - I would like to see you on video talk back to your boss and quit.

As for the chinese knock off - listen, I doubt Blizzard hired these people if they didn't feel confident in the abilities to make the game and not a single of you can say otherwise until you play it and if it turns out to be bad. I will admit that I'm wrong.

"BUT, BUT, IT LOOKS THE SAME." - No duh. There's so much you can on mobile. Of course it's going to look similar.

Did they completely in hindsight failed to market this thing? 100%. They should've released this title along with another title - even just a teaser trailer of Diablo 4 - whatever. SOMETHING to help ease the backlash.

But hindsight is always 20/20.

Okay, just tell me this:

The flip should I care what Brevik thinks?
Hey Brevik! How's Hellgate and Marvel Heroes doing?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Hey dude if mobile gaming is so great, why aren't you practicing on NetEase's games? LMAO

I never said mobile games were good or bad. I never hinted to such a position. Therefor

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man."

I said I'm going to hold my judgement until I play the actual game and if it's a quick cash grab. I will be right here - admitting that I'm wrong and all of you are right.

You can play the actual game. It's the same as neat ease other 6 games. They all play exactly the same way with different skins. If you play one of them now and then play Diablo Immortal, I assure you that you'll find the experience will feel really similar. Here's the deal, people have played the demo, and people have played net ease game. Even the people who tried both have said "IT'S THE SAME GAME."

Even when Blizzard was challenged and asked in an interview point blank if it's a re-skin they couldn't say no.

Wyatt said "Well.. we've been working with them and our artists and writers are working very closely. We're in contact with them daily.."

Yeah, artists = Art Assets

Writers = Story

But aside from that it's a reskin. He literally didn't even deny it. Lol
That's just not true. Only big companies with millions of dollars to waste do things like that.

So then Blizz doesn't make in the millions of dollars a year. Let's use logic here, with WoW that would mean WoW only has a few thousand players, Diablo in China only has a few thousand players. The rest would be true for all of their games. In fact Blizz makes in the billions of dollars each year, let alone adding in Activsion's side of the coin. Since Blizz is so big they make in the Billions it makes since that they would want to tap into the mobile game market.

If my boss asked me to sell a product that I didn't believe in, I would tell him/her that I'm not going to sell it. You might not have a spine, but some of us do.

In order to do that you would have to know the mobile gaming market. You would have to know what sells and what doesn't. How many new games that come close to what Diablo Immortal will have, as seen in the demo's and videos at Blizzcon that are being worked on. Is there anything similar to it in the past that has sold well. That and so much more before you could say whether or not you would believe that it would sell well or not. Remember this is a new market, not something that is entirely for the same fans of the franchise.

And even then you have to ponder the question is there any chance at all this will sell well. There have been a lot of things that surprised everyone. You know that no one expected WoW to grow as big as it did. Sure they expected it to be successful, but not to the level what it is now. It has been around for about 13 years and is still going strong. Sure it doesn't have all 12 million but still has enough to keep the servers going.

Then there are some songs that singers never thought would be great. Sammy Davis Jr. didn't like Candy Man song, but that song done a lot of good things for him.

It's a reskin. Deal with it. The animations and particle effects are identical. The only differences are the skins and some models.

So then I guess that every console game is just a reskin of Elder Scrolls Morrowind. After all there is only so much you can do with console games right.

11/05/2018 12:02 AMPosted by springtide
4. target the mobile market - why? because of pay2win

read up any study on p2w for the mobile market. It is a predatory pay system that targets minors and appeals to addictive behaviour.

Until we know the business model for the game we cannot say with 100% certainty it is definitely pay to win.

11/05/2018 12:02 AMPosted by springtide
5. appeasing to racsim Check!!!! There was no other visible reason to remove any hint of African.

They could be thinking about changing the Witch Doctor model to a model that doesn't act like it has some disease.

11/05/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Lunaala
We have multiple Diablo projects in the works.

I have no doubt that there are multiple projects in the works and D4 is no doubt one of them. They are just not ready to announce it yet. Then add in the fact that they could very well start doing more with this game now that the NS port is done.

11/05/2018 12:03 AMPosted by StrikerJolt
I completely agree with this. I get it, I'm sure Blizzard now understands the grave mistake. I'm sure now they're probably making plans to make Diablo Immortal on PC at this very moment. If they aren't discussing this back at HQ after Blizzcon. EFF. Even AT blizzcon at this point.

If they haven't already had this talk behind close doors. I will be very shocked.

They actually could go a different route. Where they could talk about lifting the NDA on some of their other projects and say we will confirm the rumors of D4 for that will launch for PC and Consoles together on the same day. Release day cannot be given yet. Along with new content for D3 since the NS port is done.
11/05/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Reslin
You can play the actual game. It's the same as neat ease other 6 games. They all play exactly the same way with different skins. If you play one of them now and then play Diablo Immortal, I assure you that you'll find the experience will feel really similar. Here's the deal, people have played the demo, and people have played net ease game. Even the people who tried both have said "IT'S THE SAME GAME."

How many console games play identical with different skins. I think you would find a lot of games that do that because duh they are console games and there is only so much you can do with any given console.

11/05/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Reslin
Wyatt said "Well.. we've been working with them and our artists and writers are working very closely. We're in contact with them daily.."

Yeah, artists = Art Assets

Writers = Story

But aside from that it's a reskin. He literally didn't even deny it. Lol

Let's be honest how many players would believe him if he denied it. Then players would show how identical the games setup is with Diablo Immortal. Then they would've added why did he deny it if it isn't true. Why fight over something that isn't true. He was being logical and could clearly see he was being setup for a catch 22 where there is no way of winning.
Of course he is going to want the fan base to cool down and accept it. I am sure he has a lot of stock and or stock options from selling North in his portfolio. Which ATM is taking a hit from this dumpster fire ActoBlizz ignited .
No
Everyone knew Blizzard would put out a legion of 'brand protection agents' to cover up this debacle and look what we have now, polite disagreement police telling us to give Immortal a chance. Shills gonna shill.
The only way this game will survive is if the micro transactions that we all know it will have, don't affect game play in any major way, otherwise it will be considered a P2W game like most of the rest which will seriously hurt both the Diablo franchise and Blizzard themselves.