-

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Source?

Context?
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/blizzard-apologizes-for-blackface-on-south-korean-overwatch-stream
Of course they apologised .. Activision consider the Asian market the future, unlike the 'legacy' NA/EU players who are the past, so naturally they'll apologise for anything which upsets their future money cows.
Soldiers in wars had black face from smoke and gun powder. Also often painted it black to not be seen by enemy forces.

I don’t understand why all of a sudden all the buttercups decided being a soldier is offensive. Lots of stupid out there.
That is Overwatch and it makes sense. It is a big game for them that is an e-sport that has tournaments that no doubt makes them a lot of money. I guess Diablo franchise would have to be an e-sport and make as much if not more than Overwatch to deserve the same treatment, fascinating.
11/12/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Midnight
Soldiers in wars had black face from smoke and gun powder. Also often painted it black to not be seen by enemy forces.

I don’t understand why all of a sudden all the buttercups decided being a soldier is offensive. Lots of stupid out there.

I'm guessing the issue is that it wasn't seen as a soldier but as black face which in the US in most cases is used in racist terms and is rarely if at all used in an innocent way which may have been the case here since it was in another country. Also if you are from the US you are probably very much aware of that fact but instead are trying to use smoke and mirrors to allow you to get away with racist or inappropriate dialog on your part.
11/12/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Midnight

Lol...
It's clearly not because of that, hes doing it to look like the black character in the game. That's why people are mad.
So, let me see if I understand... some guy who is a fan of Doomfist paints his face to look like the character (in which the makeup is only slightly darker than his own skin tone), and that is considered racist? What if someone wanted to dress up like Malfurion and paints his skin purple? Is that racist against Night Elves?

LOL it's called COSPLAY!

Stupid faux outrage PC culture these days!
why do you need a youtube clickbait title for a forum post?
Honestly, does this even surprise anyone that people in U.S gets offended by something?
So the movie "Tropic Thunder" is now racist? LOL
If all of this is true, use your head. You're comparing an apology for being racist VS the development of a game no one wants.

I have zero use for Diablo immortal, but even I understand the consequences of staying silent when it comes to racial behavior.

First of all it’s unacceptable behavior, it’s just plain not welcomed, and should be condemned at the lowest levels to the highest.

This is a epidemic that is infecting the entire earth, and cause people to lose their mind which can lead to innocent deaths.

Yet you are comparing a video game to anti-racial rhetoric?

SMH
Well that's a big pile of bull. It's a cosplay. Costume... DF is Black... 404 problem not found...
SJW's claiming cosplay is now racist. Company's bowing down to their SJW overlords. F Blizzard. They need to know their audience. Their audience is NOT SJWs.
Garbage company wasting time with garbage "problems". Meanwhile they torpedo their customers into oblivion.
That's the Overwatch team. I don't know what is different or why, but Overwatch does a very good job with community communication. Kaplan very regularly posts on the forums (or did last time I regularly browsed those forums). They also aggressively ban cheaters. It's a different world!
11/12/2018 12:40 PMPosted by cdm
So the movie "Tropic Thunder" is now racist? LOL

Never go full mobile!
If all of this is true, use your head. You're comparing an apology for being racist VS the development of a game no one wants.

SMH

The correlation isn’t about racism. He is using the apology Blizzard made as an example of how they responded quickly to the event versus how the Diablo community is still waiting for info. His intent was about their response and lack of one