Link PC and Switch?

General Discussion
Tried to do a general search on account, linking, console/PC but couldn't really find. I prob know the answer but is there a way to link my switch account to my PC account? Would love to have all the hard work I did in past seasons and stuff synced up.

Prob not, but figure i ask anyways. Thank you.
There is a forum that talks about it. All I have seen is you can’t do that
11/12/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Fadian
Tried to do a general search on account, linking, console/PC but couldn't really find. I prob know the answer but is there a way to link my switch account to my PC account? Would love to have all the hard work I did in past seasons and stuff synced up.

Blizzard is too busy outsourcing Diablo to a Chinese Mobile company to invest actual programmer time into improving Diablo 3 such as Cross Play.

If it was the old Blizzard, they would have announced Cross Play for all their Diablo 3 platforms (Windows, macOS, PS3/PS4, Xbox360/One, and Switch). That would have made the crowd go nuts. The icing on the cake for me personally would have been a Linux Desktop port. And if they really wanted to dazzle the mobile crowd, they could have just PORTED diablo 3 to mobile like Epic did with Fortnite.

The problem with porting Diablo 3 to Mobile is that they couldn't get ALL of the money from the Whales. Oh, and Blizzard would have actually had to do some work and wouldn't be able to contract out that to NetEasy MTX.
Given item duping and hacking on consoles and the fact they left what is practically the source code for D3 in the Switch files this is not going to happen.

Is already a video of a Switch player getting Lvl 70 in 1 kill and para 786 on the 2nd kill.
11/12/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Fadian

I am sorry, but no. The Console versions of the game are completely separate from the PC.
i wish i could play with other pc players with my Switch.

Well, Fortnite can do it.... why can't Diablo?
11/12/2018 02:04 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I am sorry, but no. The Console versions of the game are completely separate from the PC.

Why doesn't Blizzard actually do some work and host and create their own servers for the Console ports instead of using P2P BS on the consoles? Lazy cash grabbing company that is why.
11/12/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Conzar
11/12/2018 02:04 PMPosted by MissCheetah

Why doesn't Blizzard actually do some work and host and create their own servers for the Console ports instead of using P2P BS on the consoles? Lazy cash grabbing company that is why.

I don't play console games, so forgive me for asking, but does ANY company host their own games for the Consoles? I thought Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo did not allow anyone else to host games for their systems.
11/12/2018 02:14 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I don't play console games, so forgive me for asking, but does ANY company host their own games for the Consoles? I thought Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo did not allow anyone else to host games for their systems.

Some games can have dedicated servers but depends on the developer, not the console company themselves.
11/12/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Conzar

Yes, there are several games that have their own servers. However, most of these are MMO's, or are the handful of cross-platform games that exist (usually PS4 - PC / XB1 - PC).

As for why they don't allow cross play -- PC and console don't play exactly the same. The mob density is different, the drop rates are different, skills behave differently, etc. Also, the offline mode of consoles allows for a tremendous number of hacked characters in online mode. You guys really don't want that :-/.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Epic's Fortnite uses their own servers. Fornite has 100% cross play between ALL of their consoles including Mobile. Fortnite also is 100% free on all platforms - no online subscription needed.

Unlike Diablo where a Xbox, PSN, or Switch online is required. Its required because Blizzard is using those console's P2P networking. If Blizzard hosted their own servers for all of those console ports, they could make the game FREE from those anti-consumer online subscriptions.

But Blizzard doesn't care for their customer like they used to. All they care about is profit. Which is evident with this lazy out-sourcing to NetEasy MTX.

FYI: Fortnite is available on Windows, macOS, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. Seems Epic is the champion company for consumers. Their Free 2 Play business model is the best. Their Battle Pass is the best. No loot boxes. Game is free. As a free player, you can earn in game money to actually unlock stuff. As a free player, you get free quests.

Epic's Fortnite uses their own servers. Fornite has 100% cross play between ALL of their consoles including Mobile. Fortnite also is 100% free on all platforms - no online subscription needed.

Unlike Diablo where a Xbox, PSN, or Switch online is required. Its required because Blizzard is using those console's P2P networking. If Blizzard hosted their own servers for all of those console ports, they could make the game FREE from those anti-consumer online subscriptions.

But Blizzard doesn't care for their customer like they used to. All they care about is profit. Which is evident with this lazy out-sourcing to NetEasy MTX.

FYI: Fortnite is available on Windows, macOS, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. Seems Epic is the champion company for consumers. Their Free 2 Play business model is the best. Their Battle Pass is the best. No loot boxes. Game is free. As a free player, you can earn in game money to actually unlock stuff. As a free player, you get free quests.

You do realize that Fortnite is free because it has "micro"transactions right?
Thanks for all the info on Console game hosting and cross play folks! I do appreciate it. It makes me wonder about what Blizz will do for future games and possible cross play options.
11/12/2018 02:41 PMPosted by DarthPotato
You do realize that Fortnite is free because it has "micro"transactions right?

Fortnite is Free 2 Play. However, its not a scummy Mobile Free 2 Play game. Its Free 2 Play done right. Its even done better than Overwatch which uses gambling loot boxes.

As I stated before, Fortnite has the very best Free 2 Play monitization out of all games.

How is Fortnite monitized? As many here probably never played Fortnite and just are making assumptions.

First of all, power cannot be bought nor even unlocked. The gameplay is exactly the same for paying and non-paying customers. You use Money to buy vbucks (in game currency).

VBucks are used to directly purchase skins, emotes, dances, etc. vbucks are also used to purchase the battle pass. The battle pass is a system of quests which the rewards are skins, emotes, and even vbucks. Its very easy to earn enough vbucks during a single battle pass season to purchase the next battle pass.

You heard it right. You only need to buy the battle pass 1 time and as long as you play the game a bit, you will earn enough vbucks to buy the next one. I only play a couple of hours per week and have no trouble earning enough vbucks (having a family, job, and playing lots of other games).

So lets sum it up. Fortnite is a free 2 play game without ANY of the negative business practices. Fortnite is the ideal free 2 play game. There is no pay 2 win, no gambling loot boxes, and no manipulative business practices what so ever. Fortnite is also on the leading edge of cross play available on all major platforms (except linux but hopefully they will next year).
11/12/2018 02:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Thanks for all the info on Console game hosting and cross play folks! I do appreciate it. It makes me wonder about what Blizz will do for future games and possible cross play options.

Your welcome.

Blizzard already said NO to Diablo:Immortal having cross play. Because D:I is a chinese rip off MTX/gambling game.

Why don't you ask Blizzard why they don't add cross play to their Diablo 3 games? Why don't you ask Blizzard why they choose P2P especially on the Nintendo Switch Port which was just released?

Do you really think Blizzard is going to continue to develop private servers when their recent history with Diablo 3 has been to use P2P (xbox360/one, ps3/ps4, and now nintendo switch)?

Blizzard JUST released the nintendo switch port just before Blizzcon. How much time was the switch port given at blizzcon? That is how much Blizzard really cares about their port.
I appreciate the comments and straight forward thinking of everyone on this thread.

For me. it isn't character transfer, or paragon levels. It's cosmetics, pets and others I'd love to transfer. I love the Triforce in the new Switch game. and wings. but I love the Tree Pet I earned a while back in a season. Each console I'm okay with leveling new characters and start afresh. For me playing on the Switch is easier, not only on me but my eyes, hands and overall. sitting in front of a computer while I work in IT security, I get tired of screens. But the collectables portion I'd love to retain. This is just my aspect.

I don't mean for this thread to get out of place. I'm okay to freeze it. But perhaps Blizz can come up with a solution to sync multiple platform (minor items like pets and such) to console. Just a thought.
They didn't link PC and Console, why would they link PC and Mobile ?

For Sony and Nintendo, that's definitely true. Microsoft intends to open up the platform though for more robust crossplay. When it'll be implemented in full is anyone's guess though. Sony for some reason keeps itself in denial by stating that "the PS4 is the best platform for X". I have a PS4. I don't like the XBox solely because of its bulky and painful to hold controller (deformed arm, remember?). But even I know that the more players you have in the pool, the better the party is.

But regarding Battle.net, since I know AB could make some money off of it, my bet is on the fact that letting third parties into Battle.net itself would present a security risk and/or compromise server performance for Battle.net's native games, or a combination of both. Given how the consoles store character data for Diablo games, it would also require adding Blizzard's server code into the game binaries, which I know they don't want to do. Not given how readily the console games have been hacked so far (moreso the savefiles, but still).
11/12/2018 06:33 PMPosted by TheTias

For Sony and Nintendo, that's definitely true. Microsoft intends to open up the platform though for more robust crossplay. When it'll be implemented in full is anyone's guess though. Sony for some reason keeps itself in denial by stating that "the PS4 is the best platform for X". I have a PS4. I don't like the XBox solely because of its bulky and painful to hold controller (deformed arm, remember?). But even I know that the more players you have in the pool, the better the party is.

No this is not true. Did you skip my post about Epic's Fortnite??? The reason game's use Nintendo Online Subscription and same for other consoles is that the game uses the P2P networking, player services, leader boards, etc. Its free for the developers to use because Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft charge the users a monthly/yearly subscription fee. Game company are more than welcome to host their own servers and use their own player accounts. Fortnite is the prime example.
11/12/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Conzar
No this is not true. Did you skip my post about Epic's Fortnite??? The reason game's use Nintendo Online Subscription and same for other consoles is that the game uses the P2P networking, player services, leader boards, etc. Its free for the developers to use because Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft charge the users a monthly/yearly subscription fee. Game company are more than welcome to host their own servers and use their own player accounts. Fortnite is the prime example.

And you're missing the point about cross play, which is what the OP was really asking about/for. Sony specifically blocks cross play with its competitors in nearly all cases. Fortnite is one of the extremely rare exceptions. Cross play between console and PC is more common, but not with the direct competitors (Nintendo, Microsoft). Otherwise we'd see Minecraft with full cross play capability on all platforms.

On the Blizzard side, it is definitely a security concern as well as a performance concern, in addition to the aforementioned console/PC differences with regard to Diablo 3 (e.g. mob health below T1 is doubled on console vs. PC, Nephalem Glory works entirely differently and is the primary reason for that absurd health difference, lower mob density on console, lack of precision targeting on console for spells/abilities).

Your Fortnite example is very much the exception to the rule, not the norm.