Honest question - why are YOU mad about D:I

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/16/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Supreme
The fact that it's a reskinned chinese game that plagiarized diablo in the first place makes me wanna throw up.

and even worst than that are all the doofus that is supporting Blizzard for this abomination !!!
The mobile experience is inferior all around. The monetization options utilized tend to deliver poor value per dollar in comparison to other platforms in terms of quality of experience and play time.

The overall direction of Diablo 3 isn't great in general in my opinion due to the art style debacle we had at initial release, gameplay progression in terms of itemization simplification and depth of skill/stat systems. Hardcore fans are hoping for a referendum on this direction and hoping towards a more traditional diablo experience both in terms of story elements and gameplay.

Diablo Immortal not only cements these previous points but simplifies and reinforces them even further. It's basically doubling down on something I don't like on a platform I like even less.

Not to be melodramatic but it signals the point of no return for the franchise.
11/15/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Imperius
11/15/2018 04:48 PMPosted by nvvr
Blizzard has shown absolutely nothing to reassure Diablo fans that they've learned from past mistakes.

Well, not announcing D4 while in it's development is Blizzard learning form its mistakes... Remember D3? They announced it too early and there was a huge backlash when the fans realized that the final product was very different from what was announced.

Speaking of learning. When Bethesda announced Fallout Shelter for mobile, Fallout 4 was already announced. They did this so that the people waiting for FO4 could have something to do in the meantime, two flies and all that. And this, literally this would be enough as an announcement;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFdqqyI8y4

If they had done this, it would've been massive, people would've gone mental at that stage and instead of us sitting here expressing schadenfreude for the stock dropping, we would love them as our firstborn child. So if they even have an embryo of a Diablo 4 in the making, or even just at the drawing table, this is what they should've done. They didn't need to show-off, no game play was needed to be seen, just a picture saying Diablo 4! That's it. Also, see how EA handled Command & Conquer: Rivals and how well that announcement went.

Learning? No, Blizzard doesn't learn. Period. If Blizzard would've learned anything, they would've learned to not treat their loyal fans, their customers and those who put bread on their tables like morons.

Like that time when people were asking them to put commas in the auction house. No big deal, right. For a year people were asking for this and for a year it was ignored and just like that, after people speculating that Blizzard simply couldn't do it and out of the blue, in a patch, it was suddenly there - two weeks before the shut down! Nothing in the patch notes, nothing in the forum. It was like they were trolling us, proving that, "oh elohel, see, we could do it, we just didn' wanna!".
11/15/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Presarius
Now, the way I see it, is that we ALL know Diablo 4 is coming.. let's be real - It's coming. Even if they released it at Blizzcon (which, I agree, they should've), it wouldn't of been released for several years down the road.. But I'm not letting that stop me from enjoying Diablo:Immortal for what it is?

We really shouldn't judge a game, just because we didn't get what "we" - the community, want.

idk, I'm excited about Diablo Immortal, considering how everything went at BlizzCon. Because like I said.. I'm not going to judge the game, just because we didn't get a D4 trailer.. that's ludacrous.

You don't mind being a mindless sheep accepting everything Blizz gives to you. But we do mind and we are saying it. There are so many reasons we are upset, and I might even miss a few.

Communication. For about a year or more Blizz has said that they were gonna improve on communicating with is. The result is that we are just a voice in the wind entertaining crickets. If Blizz really did communicate with us and used the really great ideas that would've made this game even better. Along with talking about plans for the Diablo franchise where appropriate this fiasco wouldn't have happened in the first place.

The problem isn't the fact that it is mobile or that it is a bad game. The problem is that it is only for mobile games. The majority of their fans are PC and console gamers. If you think we will be mindless sheep and say okay from now on we are mobile gamers you are sadly mistaken. That is like you going out and putting good money on a Ferrari and instead getting a Hoopty. That at the mere sight of a junkyard gets the car yearning to be a part of it. There is no plans to make Diablo Immortal for the PC. Unless Blizzcon was some glorified test Diablo Immoral is a mobile game only.

The other problem that I can think of is Netease. Not only did Blizz make a mobile game. They decided to outsource some of the work with Netease. A company that is known for the P2W microtransactions. Just think of having a level 60. The game could be for free. Then you hit level 15, want to get level 30 pay up please. level 45 pay again please, level 60 pay again please. Then it could be you want to get better gear pay again please.

That is not counting the battery life or any other problem with playing a mobile game here in the states.
11/15/2018 04:39 PMPosted by GinJuice
1. They announced a Mobile game at a PC gaming convention.
2. Alienate their current fan base with "Dont you guys have phones?"
3. Chase mobile money using a Chinese company and literally copy their game that is a copy of Diablo. Just a reskin.
4. I have a 4,000 dollar PC, I'm not gonna play a Diablo game on a damn 6 inch screen and hurt my neck, kill my battery, etc.

That's just a few their is plenty more reasons. I'm not excited at all for Toilet Diablo.

1. It's a Blizzcon convention - not a PC convention
2. The poor presenter, who's been working hard on this game, were excited and proud. But all this joy was trembled by the audience's booing and bullying. No wonder he was nervous and came up with a weird response.
3. Such little gameplay has been revealed that you can't know it's a re-skin. Let's see how the non-revealed 95% of the game will be like.
4. And why should we care about that? The Diablo Immortal community will just enjoy the game without you.
11/16/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Madssacre
3. Chase mobile money using a Chinese company and literally copy their game that is a copy of Diablo. Just a reskin.
4. I have a 4,000 dollar PC, I'm not gonna play a Diablo game on a damn 6 inch screen and hurt my neck, kill my battery, etc.

That's just a few their is plenty more reasons. I'm not excited at all for Toilet Diablo.

2. The poor presenter, who's been working hard on this game, were excited and proud. But all this joy was trembled by the audience's booing and bullying. No wonder he was nervous and came up with a weird response.
3. Such little gameplay has been revealed that you can't know it's a re-skin. Let's see how the non-revealed 95% of the game will be like.
4. And why should we care about that? The Diablo Immortal community will just enjoy the game without you.

1. What it is, is a bunch of people waiting for a big announcement, and putting this thing on centre stage as the main event was stupid, to put it blunt.

2. That "presenter" is none other than Wyatt Cheng, who is lead designer for this project and has been at Blizzard for 15 years. He was expecting standing ovations and when they didn't come, he committed the cardinal sin of being arrogant and making it worse.

3. It has already been announced that it will use NetEase's existing engine used for games that look just like Diablo: Immortal. I think the "re-skin" comments, albeit obviously loaded, is appropriate.

4. Riight... what "community"?
1. ... .

1. A convention predominantly for PC gamers. The whole Diablo franchise was based on PC gaming. None of the console were mentioned at Blizzcon when they had PC content to show. The entire pre-hype to Blizzcon clearly showed they lured us into thinking there would be a major reveal for PC fans. Anyone watching Brandys video and not realizing that this isn't news for PC fans would have had to be out of this world or absolutely have no idea about Diablo or Blizzard as a company.

2. They knew exactly what reaction they would get. After so many years of no content and people crying their hearts out in every social media platform of what they want for Diablo, and you think Blizzard had no idea about what the community wanted at Blizzcon ????? you are either the best among the idiots or you have your head up your !@# so far deep that any amount of legible information thrown at you would probably get obscured by the amount of $%^- in you.

3. The game is developed by Netease that is also known for having cloned Blizzard IPs and is also the second biggest giant in mobile gaming in China next to Tencent. Blizzard isn't developing the game but is overlooking the process. The game is developed by netease. The controls are identical to the clone they already have look up the name on their website. Calling it a re-skin isn't far off from the truth. Ofcourse you won't have any idea on the remaining 95% of the game because you will never pay to unlock all of it !!!!!!!!

4. Once the D:I community realizes that to progress in D:I they are stuck behind so many paywalls, which didn't exist in the PC/Console platform we will see how forgiving this blatant ignorant D:I community will be then. It will be quite a spectacle sight for the PC/Console platform players to feast upon.

1. Seriously? It's Blizzcon. Which games of there's aren't PC games? It's a convention for the biggest and most respected PC game developer in the world.

2. The "poor" presenter? Wyatt Cheng, the lead game designer for Diablo? He's not just some schmuck, he's in charge of the game.

3. But it *is* just mobile. And mobile screens are limited in size, and limited in controls. They are by nature less immersive and less precise than other controls.
1) I have a PC with high end hardware and a 27" 144hz 1440p monitor with adaptive sync.... to play games, not do my taxes.
2) My phone is just some crap I need because my wife can text me when I'm at the store with her grocery list. It's a toaster.
3) I want PC games, not mobile games. I've tried mobile games. I am a real gamer and as such, mobile platform is totally unacceptable for me for anything other than sitting at the DMV or taking a dump.
4) Blizzard is outsourcing it to a 3rd party for a reskin. What the heck.
5) I'm American. I don't give "tencent"s about chinese gamers and their POS phones because half the country is still on 486s and windows XP so they just buy phones instead.
6) China is run by a fraud, atheistic government that treats its people like crap and kills american visitors with its bullcrap laws (it happens, look it up).
7) DO NOT CAST YOUR PEARLS BEFORE SWINE.
how many years it's been since we got a decent content update ?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

1. A convention predominantly for PC gamers. The whole Diablo franchise was based on PC gaming. None of the console were mentioned at Blizzcon when they had PC content to show. The entire pre-hype to Blizzcon clearly showed they lured us into thinking there would be a major reveal for PC fans. Anyone watching Brandys video and not realizing that this isn't news for PC fans would have had to be out of this world or absolutely have no idea about Diablo or Blizzard as a company.

2. They knew exactly what reaction they would get. After so many years of no content and people crying their hearts out in every social media platform of what they want for Diablo, and you think Blizzard had no idea about what the community wanted at Blizzcon ????? you are either the best among the idiots or you have your head up your !@# so far deep that any amount of legible information thrown at you would probably get obscured by the amount of $%^- in you.

3. The game is developed by Netease that is also known for having cloned Blizzard IPs and is also the second biggest giant in mobile gaming in China next to Tencent. Blizzard isn't developing the game but is overlooking the process. The game is developed by netease. The controls are identical to the clone they already have look up the name on their website. Calling it a re-skin isn't far off from the truth. Ofcourse you won't have any idea on the remaining 95% of the game because you will never pay to unlock all of it !!!!!!!!

4. Once the D:I community realizes that to progress in D:I they are stuck behind so many paywalls, which didn't exist in the PC/Console platform we will see how forgiving this blatant ignorant D:I community will be then. It will be quite a spectacle sight for the PC/Console platform players to feast upon.

1. I didn't say that Blizzard did the right thing. I'm disappointed that they didn't announce D4. Indeed, they should know their community better. At the same time, I understand that Blizzard wants to get into the mobile gaming market. It's a huge deal - also in the west. I believe that it's possible to make a great D4 for PC gamers while having a mobile game accompany the franchise. This is Blizzard broadening their perspective and including new types of gamers into the community.

2. They might quite possibly know what they were doing, indeed. That doesn't justify the unpleasant and bully behavior of the audience. I believe it's possible to offer constructive feedback without booing and destroying Wyatt Cheng. It's quite possible to give Blizzard the exact same feedback without being toxic. The toxic behavior is just unnecessary.

3. Yes, it's developed by Netease. But it's not a Netease solo project. Blizzard has the final say, and they are hopefully printing their DNA into the mobile game. I'm excited to see if Blizzard changes mobile game design for the better. But you might be right that it is yet another money sink. I'm not denying that. (btw, I know who he is, I just don't find mentioning his name relevant to the point)

4. I too will be quite disappointed if D:I will consist of endless paywalls. Without doubt, there will be a D:I community. I won't be playing a mobile money sink of a game, if that's how it turns out, but I'm not really mad. I'll let those people enjoy that game while waiting for D4

All in all, I agree that Blizzard misjudged how to present the Blizzcon news, but I'm not talking about that. My point is simply that toxic and aggressive feedback does not really add anything useful.
11/16/2018 12:23 PMPosted by ZergyPoo

1. Seriously? It's Blizzcon. Which games of there's aren't PC games? It's a convention for the biggest and most respected PC game developer in the world.

2. The "poor" presenter? Wyatt Cheng, the lead game designer for Diablo? He's not just some schmuck, he's in charge of the game.

3. But it *is* just mobile. And mobile screens are limited in size, and limited in controls. They are by nature less immersive and less precise than other controls.

1. That doesn't mean they can't venture into a new market? I don't think they should be forced to stick to PC when they have enough resources to make games for everyone. I do find it frustrating if critical Diabo lore will be exclusive to the mobile game, but I fail to see other major downsides of having mobile gamers enjoy a Blizzard game.

2. I know who he is, but his identity is not relevant to my point. His reputation nor his salary matter when discussing the human behavior. No matter who the presenter is, I don't find it appropriate to bully when there is every chance to offer constructive feedback.

3. You might be right. I'm not denying that it will turn out to be a re-skin of yet another money sink. But I'm hopeful that Blizzard will print their DNA into the game. It is a possibility that they make something we haven't seen before in mobile game design. Blizzard do indeed get greedy from time to time, but usually they listen to the community and pull back mistakes.
11/16/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Madssacre
That doesn't mean they can't venture into a new market?

Literally no-one is making that argument. Blizzard can obviously do what they want, including expanding into yet unclaimed markets. But, really, don't announce a mobile, E-rated, dumbed down, P2W game intended for the Asian market to a predominately PC-gaming crowd, full of anticipation, expecting something big, in the US. That's... mindbogglingly stupid. And they expected applause?!

I don't find it appropriate to bully when there is every chance to offer constructive feedback.

There were no "bullying" going on, come on, man. People expressed their disappointment, which isn't only completely understandable given how this was built up, but also in their absolute right, because as Blizzard is free to expand to other markets, fans are equally free to dislike it.
This is the dumbest post I've ever seen, nice troll "Long time Diablo Fan" gtfo

This!!!

I made an upgrade over 1000 dollars on my PC. Then they slaps me in the face with a mobile game? This is an insult!
Actizzard is milking the Diablo franchise for all it's worth.

First they release the subpar Diablo 3 then make a console version, switch version and finally a mobile version.

Clearly they have little faith in the franchise when it comes to where future installments can go - kinda crappy in that they painted themselves in a circle as well.
11/15/2018 04:44 PMPosted by sheltem
They hyped up Blizzcon to all their PC and console fans.
They charged those fans for attending.
Those fans also had to pay for travel to the event(many of them did).

The fans paid and came because blizzard put DIABLO on the main stage and were told there are multiple teams on multiple projects which we can tell you about at the end of the year(end of year = Blizzcon?)

Then on stage they gave NOTHING to those fans, wasting the fans money.
Then they insult those fans "you guys don't have phones?"

And you wonder why those fans would be ANGRY!???!!?

Pretty much this.

Though we need to get over the "You all have phones right" comment. That was obviously adlibbed from stress and was taken a way that it shouldn't have been.

It's kind of like when Apple told their users they were holding their phone wrong during the whole attenna attenuation issue back on the iPhone 4. It was something that was said and immediately regretted because of the way it came across.
11/16/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Vresiberba
That doesn't mean they can't venture into a new market?

Literally no-one is making that argument. Blizzard can obviously do what they want, including expanding into yet unclaimed markets. But, really, don't announce a mobile, E-rated, dumbed down, P2W game intended for the Asian market to a predominately PC-gaming crowd, full of anticipation, expecting something big, in the US. That's... mindbogglingly stupid. And they expected applause?!

I don't find it appropriate to bully when there is every chance to offer constructive feedback.

There were no "bullying" going on, come on, man. People expressed their disappointment, which isn't only completely understandable given how this was built up, but also in their absolute right, because as Blizzard is free to expand to other markets, fans are equally free to dislike it.

Reading this thread, several people make that argument. I completely agree with you that Blizzard misjudged how to deliver the news.

Everyone is free to dislike, nothing wrong with that. But breaking down a presenter like that, no matter the misjudgment from Blizzard, that's not really a decent nor pleasant way of having a conversation. I 100% believe that the audience should express their disappointment, but isn't that possible to do without being toxic and merciless? I think it's a shame that Blizzard has to walk out on that stage being afraid of saying something wrong. Grouping up and breaking down a single person - that's what I perceive as bullying. Critique is fine, but toxicity is not. Yelling and booing is too easy.
11/15/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Imperius
learning form its mistakes

How about learning from others, do it like Bethesda with ES VI?
You know, doing something that, makes sense.
11/16/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Madssacre
Reading this thread, several people make that argument.

No-one is saying "You! Cannot, expand, to that market!!1" banging a two ton gavel. So no, they don't, and there's a difference between a mobile game and the mobile game Blizzard is developing.

And really, no-one was complaining about Fallout Shelter [well, within reason] and no-one would have complained about Diablo: Immortal had only another project been announced at the same time.

But breaking down a presenter like that, no matter the misjudgment from Blizzard, that's not really a decent nor pleasant way of having a conversation.

You're seriously exaggerating now. Breaking down a presenter? Don't tell me you bought that horse hockey about him crying, did you? There were three people on the stage at the time and all three were seemingly enjoying themselves and supported each other when the boos came.

I 100% believe that the audience should express their disappointment, but isn't that possible to do without being toxic and merciless?

They were booing. You ever went to a concert and the sound were crap? Booing. You gone to watch your team being outclassed in their home arena? Yeah, booing. It happens when people are displeased. It comes with the job. I have precisely zero sympathy for neither Cheng nor Blizzard at large, they should've known that this would be the outcome.

Again, showing this... thing to that crowd. Come on, man!