Diablo 2 remaster is planned for next blizzcons

General Discussion
From 2015 job postings:
Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

Apparently game order from this post matters.

2017 - Starcraft remaster announced
2018 - Warcraft 3 remaster announced
2019-2020 - Diablo 2 remaster announced

That's all the info for now what we can be logically certain of.
Sure i'll wait another 2 years for something they can achieve in 5 months no problem..
Even if it's true, what exactly are you going to do in D2 if they don't fix the endgame and the botters problem?

Kill Mephisto and Pindleskin every 2 minutes?
Enter a portal opened by an hammerdin botter and kill Baal every 3 minutes?

Are you really looking forward to that? I rather get D4.
Well they have to show something on Blizzcon, so people buy them tickets :))
11/04/2018 02:42 AMPosted by Redden
Even if it's true, what exactly are you going to do in D2 if they don't fix the endgame and the botters problem?

/facepalm

I hope if D2 remaster is made they will fix some annoying features and make an endgame in some form as I agree farming the same boss over and over is terrible

Well, yes, that's what I'd like to do.

Except yah, I'd rather not have the hammerdin botter, everything else can stay as it is tho.
11/04/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Zorak

/facepalm

Hes right by todays standards D2 just isn't that good.
I rather try PoE event though I kinda hate it.

Botters don't affect me .. but then I don't play lolcoop except with friends.
You guys still haven't given up on this garbage company? Are you seriously already talking about what this clueless team holds for us next? We've been repeatedly spat on and lied to. Enough is enough, no more of my hype cells will be wasted on blizz.
Diablo 1 and 2 is older than Warcraft 3. Why are we (the Diablo fans) ALWAYS getting the short stick in every possible scenario? WHY? It just sucks man I am tired of this bullcrap.
!@#$ remastered... Its Have to be comp remake.
All I want is D4. A D2 remaster would be fine as an added bonus to something else, but I want a new game or new content. These people are devs, right? Develop something already.
We're tired of "next year", false hopes, ticket-seller liars, job postings, and misleading speculations.

The Blizzcon should've been the moment of confirmations, solid data, and real announcements for fans.

Not the moment for more pointless speculation, please.
I dont trust this abhorrent company to touch and remaster my D2, anyways.

If they give me a Diablo IV, that is adopting everything good with D2, then maybe, MAYBE I can start and recover from this fiasco.

That would include a D4 with vibrant PvP (arenas, competitive paced action, team vs team, balance); solid itemization and depth of loot & items (that are tradeable, ofcourse); solid depth of item builds/setups, allowing for theorycrafting and atleast somewhat varying setups/choices (Including that "rare items", for each possible build, are for atleast some slots possible to be Best In Slot); The feeling of customization of YOUR character, and that decisions means something/you feel like you choose a path & finally all of this coupled with both great end-game and replay-ability as well as a regular schedule of updates.

But to be honest, this will never happen. We all know it.
nah...i´m good. this time they showed how much they care about customer opinions. deleting comments , dislikes and lying about they reaction, avoiding to take responsibility. i have no interest in investing more money into blizzard games whatsoever. they didnt listen to their wow community and now EU and US servers are almost abandoned . and after how they treated their fans at blizzcon , ignoring the elephant in the room , trying to avoid critical questions.. thats just disgusting absolutely shocked. they OBVIOUSLY try to sell us old bread ! a game from 2017 reskinned ? DISGUSTING ! NO THANK YOU ! and yes we have phones but we dont want YOU to care about it !!!
a jpb opening can mean anything stop thinking it is what it is
Before Blizzcon I didnt feel really good about Blizzard anymore. Blizzcon was nail to the coffin. When you think about what happened in last few years is Blizzard changing thier approach drastically:
- focusing more on Asian market
- making many remasters, nothing is really new anymore

Sad to admit but I removed all my Blizzard games today, because all their games just got much worse, its not only DIablo.

Here is some Blizzard games summary from my point of view:
1. SC2 is kinda dead game as many of you know, afaik they announced that LotV is last expansion, so I dont think something great will come in this universum
2. OW / HotS dont know how you guys but some new skins or some new heros doesnt bring me any satisfaction, but these games are not really games for me
3. HS only getting expansions for me they feel all the same, for warcraft lore fans HS might be even triggering (not that I liked HS very much anyway)
4. WoW BFA have most negative feedback in any expansion in history, Legion tbh was much better, in BFA they didnt really bring anything new (just a bit changed Legion stuff), ignoring community feedback about titanforging, gear vendors and much more
5. Diablo for past few years didnt get anything special, just new platforms, so pretty much same game (often worse version, or much worse - mobile). Its not bad at all that they are making DIablo mobile game, the bad thing here is that NOTHING else is created in Diablo universum.

So from this day I dont take Blizzard as company which will bring anything new / innovative / gamebreaking to the market anymore (especially in Diablo universum).