Do you still care about Diablo 4?

General Discussion
The answer is simple, Blizzard doesn t exist anymore in my heart
11/04/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Bodach
11/04/2018 05:24 PMPosted by elizajanegrl
I have a stupid question. How can the 12th best selling video game of all time be considered a failure?

Sure. So it sold based on D2's success and fun. Then everyone left D3 cause it sucked. Clear?

No. Not at all. D2 didn't sell nearly as much as D3, so how can that make sense? Are you saying that so many people loved D2, but didn't buy it, that they ran out and bought D3? So your argument doesn't hold water.
Sadly I've turned into Charlie Brown and Activision Blizzard is Lucy. Every time Lucy says I can get a new PC content by kicking the ball, I think I won't do it, then I turn around run as fast as I can try to kick it to the moon only to have Blizzard yank it back saying you're getting mobile games only better luck next time while I fly through the air crash landing on my back.

They announce I can get D4 or D2 remastered darned if I won't try to kick it again.

Reference to those who have never seen this Peanuts scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=055wFyO6gag
11/04/2018 05:24 PMPosted by elizajanegrl
11/04/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Karma
Diablo 3 failed.

I have a stupid question. How can the 12th best selling video game of all time be considered a failure? Of the hundreds of thousands of video games released, it was the 12th best selling. Of all time. I have heard this argument before, but nobody has ever answered me. I am curious to understand this logic.

A game with just 1/10th the sales, but a monthly fee sub, would "win" economically within a year.

And a chinese MTX riddled mobile game - even faster....

Diablo 3 is a failure for several other reasons when you look at the game it self. The most sold game, yet it died in "waves" almost, with every new patch or content, almost acting as nails in the coffin. 30 million copies or whatever, and I wonder how many are playing it these days... I own 4 copies my self for multiboxing. But I did not continue to any of the expansions or DLC, and dont plan to. And I think that majority is not buying these expansions and what not, else Blizzard would be pumping it.
I can't see us getting D4 at this point. I do wonder if they will make a play to soothe the anger, maybe develop that Druid class and give to D3 players for free?
11/04/2018 05:29 PMPosted by elizajanegrl
11/04/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Bodach
Sure. So it sold based on D2's success and fun. Then everyone left D3 cause it sucked. Clear?

No. Not at all. D2 didn't sell nearly as much as D3, so how can that make sense? Are you saying that so many people loved D2, but didn't buy it, that they ran out and bought D3? So your argument doesn't hold water.

The gaming community grew by leaps and bounds. How do you explain D3 having made all those sales in prepurchases? It wasn't because D3 Was good.
Blizzard North is long gone. They made Diablo II and after that they had to cancell the real Diablo 3 which never got made and moved on. So it's wrong of you to say that Blizzard North doesnt know how to make diablo games. They would be the ones who could give us a good diablo title. Blizzard South aka some of the WoW team made the avrg. Diablo 3 and Diablo immortal.
I don't care about Diablo 4 anymore. Seriously, I'm over it.
D2 was great back in the day. But that was back in the day. Blizzard today isn't Blizzard yesterday. It's gone and done, and Blizzard has lost it's way.

After this garbage, I will never buy Blizzard products again. I'm done.
Diablo 4 will happen when Portal 3 comes to market.
11/04/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Zala
Diablo 4 will happen when Portal 3 comes to market.

Let's be honest. Diablo 4 will be a card game and in Chinese. The english version will be a $20 DLC.
[quote]30 million copies or whatever, and I wonder how many are playing it these days... I own 4 copies my self for multiboxing./quote]
What does it matter if people are playing it? It was a one time purchase. It's not a microtransaction game. You said it yourself, you bought 4 copies. Their success is based on total units sold. I get why they are going after the mobile market, but to say D2 made D3 the success makes no sense, from an economic standpoint.
Really hard for me to care about D4 anymore.

Activision has well and truly corrupted Blizzard with their hostile takeover.
They need to sell the franchise to an indy company if they have any integrity left. But they won't.
11/04/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Hypersonic
Really hard for me to care about D4 anymore.

Activision has well and truly corrupted Blizzard with their hostile takeover.

These multinational conglomerates milk anything good until it's a shell of of it's former self. All the $$$ soaked up as much as possible. Take the passion of a hobby and turn it into a drug you need to keep paying more and more for with less and less. Deal it like a drug dealer would.
11/04/2018 05:46 PMPosted by elizajanegrl
[quote]30 million copies or whatever, and I wonder how many are playing it these days... I own 4 copies my self for multiboxing./quote]
What does it matter if people are playing it? It was a one time purchase. It's not a microtransaction game. You said it yourself, you bought 4 copies. Their success is based on total units sold. I get why they are going after the mobile market, but to say D2 made D3 the success makes no sense, from an economic standpoint.

I think you mix up what youre replying to.

But to put it short. It is too much effort for Blizzard to try to hit homerun AGAIN, with a D4, when they can make a chinese company hit homerun for them using existing assets.

A new RPG Diablo game will be atleast 3-4 years out - and most likely not even on the table at this point. But try listen to what they say: " We have several diablo projects, with several teams in the making "

What that means is, they are trying to apply Diablo to every sub / MTX genre they possible can. MOBA, MMO, Battleroyale, Mobile... There is just too much competition in ARPG for them want to try do this at this point., they are no longer the "leading" company when it comes to ARPG.

You have to remember, that they look at EA, Valve etc., and look at their numbers. They want to do the same milking action on their main titles, not this one fee "success" - its an illusion business wise for a company like Blizzard.
I understand what you are saying. I was simply asking how D3 is considered a failure when it's the 12th best selling game of all time. And then I was told it piggy backed off of D2, which makes no sense from an economical stand point. I know what blizzard is doing. I don't agree with it, but I know what they are trying to do. They certainly didn't pick the right place or time to introduce their next Diablo venture, but that is not what I was talking about.
Yeah I still care. I did enjoy d3.

I also feel they gave up on d3 after the auction house didnt pan out how they planned. D3 could have been great if they cared.

I have my reservations about d4.mi think my loyalty to them is at a end. But unless d4 is even worse then d3 i will get it
I hate to say that it, but I will buy D4 if it comes out. But I will not be buying DI. I just never wanted a mobile Diablo game.
11/04/2018 05:57 PMPosted by elizajanegrl
I understand what you are saying. I was simply asking how D3 is considered a failure when it's the 12th best selling game of all time. And then I was told it piggy backed off of D2, which makes no sense from an economical stand point. I know what blizzard is doing. I don't agree with it, but I know what they are trying to do. They certainly didn't pick the right place or time to introduce their next Diablo venture, but that is not what I was talking about.

When they were making Diablo 3, Valve were making Dota 2 and CS:GO and the MTX setup for both.

If you think 30 million hard copies is success, you do not want to read up on Dota 2 and CS:GO numbers up until this day... Especially when you factor in the cost of the development of the games etc.

Diablo 3 is a sales/PR success, not a gaming success.