Do you still care about Diablo 4?

General Discussion
11/04/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Karma
Diablo 3 is a sales/PR success, not a gaming success.

As a for profit company, D3 is a success. As a gaming success, I don't think they care. Otherwise, we wouldn't be getting a mobile reskin.
11/04/2018 05:24 PMPosted by elizajanegrl
11/04/2018 04:57 PMPosted by Karma
Diablo 3 failed.

I have a stupid question. How can the 12th best selling video game of all time be considered a failure? Of the hundreds of thousands of video games released, it was the 12th best selling. Of all time. I have heard this argument before, but nobody has ever answered me. I am curious to understand this logic.

The game was very poorly thought out from launch. Imagine finding a rare or legendary weapon with no damage stats, just the base item damage or as a DH finally getting a set piece that has strength or intelligence stats instead of dex. That was only a small problem with itemization. The real money auction house only showed how bad the loot drops were. Imagine finding tons of loot but very little of it useful. Smart loot and Adventure mode really turned the game around.
Diablo 4 is pretty much guaranteed to be trash after this fiasco. Corporate greed prevails again.
forget D4 if it is planned for mobile platform...
11/04/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
If it's good. I'll care. If it isn't. I wont.

Simple.

Sure. But what I'm saying is... I have 'only-slightly' higher than zero faith that it won't be garbage.

And that sucks. This is Blizzard we're talking about. That name used to mean something.
To be honest, I was a bit curious about Diablo 4, but seeing as how insanely wrong they got Diablo 3, I figured Diablo 4 would be more of the same cartoony, casual stuff they did with Diablo 3.

I was hyped for Diablo 2 Remastered, since Diablo 2 is one of my all time favorite games.

But they went and did this with Diablo Immoral, and now I couldn't give one single thought to Diablo 4.

I'm out, WoW Classic and Warcraft 3 "rEfOrGeD", is the last I'll play, I removed my sub from retail WoW (It's very bad anyway), I uninstalled everything from Blizzard.

The end of an era boys.
It's hard to stay hyped for a game that won't be released for 9 more years... :o
11/04/2018 06:30 PMPosted by UnicornTears
11/04/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
If it's good. I'll care. If it isn't. I wont.

Simple.

Sure. But what I'm saying is... I have 'only-slightly' higher than zero faith that it won't be garbage.

And that sucks. This is Blizzard we're talking about. That name used to mean something.

I get that. However, I like giving games at least a try before writing them off if they deserve it. Even with mixed reviews, doing this has allowed me to find some good games I wouldn't have experienced otherwise if I had let negative reviews paint the whole picture.

There are a lot of different perspectives out there, so that makes it all that much more important to form my own opinion rather than being swayed by others'. This doesn't mean I don't value a good review, though. They're invaluable to that buildup process. If a game offers a demo, you can be damn sure I'm hoping on it for a test ride at least. If it's not something I enjoy, I'll simply uninstall and move on.
What I am concerned about -

1) Diablo 4 is being built from the ground up to be played cross-platform, just like Diablo 3.

2) It's all about maximizing the playerbase, which means making the game playable for kids.

Because of this, Diablo 2 may have been the last Diablo game we will ever get that has the dark & gritty atmosphere and depth. Seeing Immortal also doesn't strike me with confidence for Diablo 4. Are any of the the Diablo 3 / Immortal devs part of the Diablo 4 dev team?
nope will not buy D4 D2 remastered or warcraft reforged they lost me as a customer
I dont care about Diablo 4 anymore. Blizzard is dead for me.
If there will be D2 remaster ever, i'll download it from torrents.
Even they showed something this week, the game is officially dead. No one cares for a new game of Diablo anymore.
THe good thing for Blizzard is that they have another decade do make the sequence again, and try to make new fans in the future like they did with diablo 3 announcement. Ten fraking years until they announce the poor Diablo 3.

Maybe the problem is that we are expecting too much of a company that can't reach that level of quality again. Blizz North is dead and we can't expect anything good from Blizzard Activision. Soon will be only Activision.

That's it folks! Was a pleasure playing Diablo with the community.
I think Blizzard could do a ton with the franchise. Making another D2 may just not be their passion, but they could find passion in making other great games in the franchise.
I definitely don't trust Wyatt n Co to build a Diablo 4 that is like Brevik and Co's….like at all. Even tho they've said they care, they respect the old veteran diablo devs...they don't show that. Brev and his buddies are/were wayyyyy better at Diablo games than the replacements.

They wont plug in corpse fetch, death penalties, quests, super rare loot, deep itemization, good music, char selection screen, lobby, something new we haven't seen, a starting difficulty where you can die, static difficulties, etc etc

they think rifts, blood shards, fast loot, mobile games, sets boxing out gearing, best items coming within hours of play, finding 100 times the same gear looking for rolls...etc etc. boss cutscenes...no/bad music, non-realistic npcs that don't move around. cooldowns everyhwere, movement speed skills on spam, etc etc.

they took the worst diablo game and limited it down to a phone...
think about that.
Diablo 3 can/did get worse....like they really made that game launch on a more-limited platform...meaning a worse experience than it already was...imagine that.
To boot...they defended/will defend it..../….sell it hard big time. So not-realistic...so disconnect....so doing what your told and not what's right.
It is clearly for me that D4 is never going to happen as they haven't been working on it at all and they shifted all resources to D:I .
The only hope is a D2 Remastered that will never happen because that would heavily ghimp their mobile Diablo players.

Diablo is gone for PC and Console.... get used to it.
I have little hope that D4 will be any good.

You know what I see in Diablo Immortal? I see that they're going to stick to the same art style and atmosphere of D3... I really want something darker that has you on the edge of your seat as you creep through a dungeon.

The direction probably won't change from this cartoonish, over-lit style they've got going. Please, just give us an adult game with real depth.
11/04/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Warwall
I can't see us getting D4 at this point. I do wonder if they will make a play to soothe the anger, maybe develop that Druid class and give to D3 players for free?

No thanks..
After this trash that announced at Blizzcon, I lost all trust in them. All hope is gone...
Diablo 3 wasn't even a real Diablo game, it was more like WoW lite, but at least it wasn't completely terrible.

But with this debacle with that mobile... abomination (I refuse to even call it a Diablo title) No, I don't have high hopes for Diablo 4, if it is even coming at all.
At this point I wouldn't mind a Diablo 2 Remastered, because StarCraft Remastered is probably my favourite game ever, since it was fundamentally unaltered. But I actually don't want sequels to StarCraft or Diablo anymore. StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 were pretty disappointing overall. And Activision (Blizzard?) has shown now that they are far too out of touch. Please leave Diablo and StarCraft alone, Blizzard. I can live with only what we have now.