Blizzvision's Hiatus

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/27/2018 12:49 AMPosted by WreakHavoc
Diablo franchise is done. Mobile is the future as said by Wyatt Cheng.

bla bla bla ....sorry but this is utter nonsense. Got any proof like an official statement of Blizz that they stopped doing PC titles?
Im just waiting for these 'blog' post. Nobody can't deny that Brandy said she was working on them. The way I look at it, in any job. You say your going to do something, best get on it and do it.

Unless you count the we hear you joke.
In fairness, the thread title should be more "Blizzard's Hiatus", since there has been zero response on this since she posted the original "we hear you" thread.

I still find it bizarre, bordering on the ridiculous now, that no other employee (be it CM or above management) has been available to quench the fires somewhat. As others have stated, an employee is entitled to vacation - the employer should have suitable cover in place, especially after their annual event.

The following quote is used from time to time in my work place, no doubt elsewhere too - which is very apt for this whole diablo-acle:

"The biggest communication problem is that we do not listen to understand and adapt. We listen to [not] reply".
So as expected, they just sit it out and announce nothing new. Same old game, get ready to be disappointed once again at blizzcon 2019 guys. ^^
Are you guys not employees?

I was at work on Thansgiving. And I'll be at work on Christmas.

No excuses.
11/27/2018 07:51 AMPosted by BagboyBrown

No excuses.

That sucks. I hope you get paid well.
Blizzard cares more about saving face than it does about its consumer these days.

They will never meaningfully address what happened, and will still forge ahead and put out DI.

I would be extremely surprised otherwise.

Blizzard used to be ran by gamers who cared about gamers (because they identified with them).

Now its ran by corporate shills who play mobile games while at soccer practice or at home so they dont have to talk to their spouse.

Their only concern these days is how much of your wallet they can get into so they can get that bonus to pay for that kitchen remodeling.
Nobody is surprised, this is exactly the problem. Multi-billion dollar company can't hire 2 CMs and actually talk to the community. Years go by without any real info, and when it comes it is handed down from on high like the Ten Commandments. There is no real interest in what the dedicated customers who built this company think, instead they actively wall off unsubbed people from Wow and don't even bother to listen to why so many left. They are losing tens of millions a month over Ion's idiotic war on flight, but rather than reach out or listen they exclude us all. They have had millions of constructive attempts to help them with Diablo 3 for 7 years, and all of them have fallen on deaf ears.

Vote with your wallets. This company was once the pinnacle of PC gaming, at this point it ranks near the bottom. Massive changes are needed for them to claw their way up and frankly I doubt it will ever happen. My time and interests have shifted and I would hope all yours will too if you actually cared about this series and this company. I'd rather give my thoughts, time, and money to a new company with values than an old rotting corpse that has lost them long ago to greed and power.
I have never seen anything like that from a big company ... 3 weeks of total silence after a customer backlash .. that ´s ridiculous.
It's the f*ing Thanksgiving ffs.

You realise that outside the US and Canada that's not a thing, right?
11/27/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Meteorblade
It's the f*ing Thanksgiving ffs.

You realise that outside the US and Canada that's not a thing, right?
Which is why it needs stating. Blizzard is a US company with its headquarters in the Los Angeles area. They abide by US holidays. I live in the US near San Francisco and deal with European companies a lot. I don't get bent out of shape when they basically take the entire month of august off, which is smack dab in the middle of our busy season, or take time off to celebrate their holidays. I respect the fact that they have different holidays than the US. Try doing the same.
11/27/2018 07:51 AMPosted by BagboyBrown

No excuses.

+1 this
Yeah, those of us who live in the real world expect ppl to stand behind their words & do their jobs even if their font is blue.
11/27/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Zyron
+1 this
Yeah, those of us who live in the real world expect ppl to stand behind their words & do their jobs even if their font is blue.

You don't know what her job is. You know what you want her job to be, but not what it is.

Stop thinking a CM is supposed to work holidays or that they have any input on PR statements or game announcements. Anything other than that is not what people want to hear.
11/27/2018 05:29 PMPosted by MissCheetah
11/27/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Zyron
+1 this

You don't know what her job is. You know what you want her job to be, but not what it is.

Stop thinking a CM is supposed to work holidays or that they have any input on PR statements or game announcements. Anything other than that is not what people want to hear.

No one needs to work a holiday to be responsive on a forum. Thats just dumb.

At the same time though Blizzard is using it as an excuse to stall any response because they are probably going to say, "We are listening, but we are doing it anyway" and want to figure out the best way to say it with the least impact on their income,

and that includes stalling for as long as possible to let the anger die down some.
11/27/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Latest
11/27/2018 05:29 PMPosted by MissCheetah

No one needs to work a holiday to be responsive on a forum. Thats just dumb.

At the same time though Blizzard is using it as an excuse to stall any response because they are probably going to say, "We are listening, but we are doing it anyway" and want to figure out the best way to say it with the least impact on their income,

and that includes stalling for as long as possible to let the anger die down some.

Bliz Mgt's response SUCKS. I am not happy about that. I don't blame the CMs though any more than I blame a store CS/clerk. I know who makes the calls, and it is not them.
11/27/2018 05:57 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I know who makes the calls

Who exactly?
I agree our CM cant make them, although I also believe that if she wanted to pop into her OP & say "we are still reading every response & are taking them into consideration while we continue internal discussions", she could. I also feel that she didn't need to make a "forges of Diablo are hot" hype vid prior to BC but maybe I'm wrong about that, maybe someone made her.
I've also been annoyed w/ Wyatt about itemization for some time now, it's linear to say the least, & I blame him for that.

That aside though, I'm more interested in who actually makes these calls, & as you've stated, you know who.
11/27/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Zyron
11/27/2018 05:57 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I know who makes the calls

Who exactly?
I agree our CM cant make them, although I also believe that if she wanted to pop into her OP & say "we are still reading every response & are taking them into consideration while we continue internal discussions", she could. I also feel that she didn't need to make a "forges of Diablo are hot" hype vid prior to BC but maybe I'm wrong about that, maybe someone made her.
I've also been annoyed w/ Wyatt about itemization for some time now, it's linear to say the least, & I blame him for that.

That aside though, I'm more interested in who actually makes these calls, & as you've stated, you know who.

I can speculate about this and saying it's a combination of people in Legal, PR and Management. The way I see this, and i know this will probably get downvoted to Chaos Sanctuary, when you have to sift through 157 pages of one thread that the majority of it is negative noise, most of it is pure venting, which is fine to a degree coupled with a tonne of threads that doesn't actually provide feedback - it takes time to go through them all. add to that the Holiday season and the fact that aside from this, they have more things to work on alongside the PR mess they need to handle - responses takes time. Whether that's acceptable or not by the community or not is another thing, and I understand that the silence is deafening and people want/need to know what is going on or expecting an apology or whatnot but I also know not to hold my breathe for a response because I know that a response will come when they are ready to give one, not when the community demands it.
11/27/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Raziel187
Blizzard is a US company with its headquarters in the Los Angeles area. They abide by US holidays.

Blizzard is a globally traded company which also has offices outside of the US. For example, we have an EU Community Manager (Kheluriel) that's based in Europe and is therefore completely unaffected by Thanksgiving. Unsurprisingly, despite there being a similar "A Quick Word from Blizzard" thread on the EU forums, there have been no blue updates since the 8th of November...
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17624453531
11/28/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Meteorblade
11/27/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Raziel187
Blizzard is a US company with its headquarters in the Los Angeles area. They abide by US holidays.

Blizzard is a globally traded company which also has offices outside of the US. For example, we have an EU Community Manager (Kheluriel) that's based in Europe and is therefore completely unaffected by Thanksgiving. Unsurprisingly, despite there being a similar "A Quick Word from Blizzard" thread on the EU forums, there have been no blue updates since the 8th of November...
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17624453531

You realize he doesn't need to live in EU to post on the EU forum, right? There's only 1 Blizzard HQ and it's in the US.
Bliz Mgt's response SUCKS. I am not happy about that. I don't blame the CMs though any more than I blame a store CS/clerk. I know who makes the calls, and it is not them.

But still one aspect of CM's work is communicate with community on forums and social networks. Not the only one, but one of. IMHO if community is going crazy, you can't keep them listening for a silence for a month. And if you are a CM you must have some receptions to calm down fans without saying anything important, like: "Oh, that's good idea, we will share it with our bosses", "Sorry for waiting, we still works on answer", "Thx for your reaction, its very important for us" etc. And you can't just ignore a topic in 3k posts. I share an opinion that CM's are not relevant with Mgt's, but also - a good CM would hardly have pretended that nothing going on, like ours do.