N6M4 Multishot for S16 Groups - Build Guide

Demon Hunter
RoV (Flying Strike) is really only useful for the freeze and to activate the 6pc Nats bonus. The actual damage from RoV is sort of meaningless in the grand scheme...

according to D3planner for my NS hybrid...

Cluster Arrow (Cold) total damage - 13,369,858,027,660
RoV Damage - 175,608,395,719
(75x more damage)

And if I'm not mistaken (though might be so don't quote me) that total damage is PER CA cast (assuming 5 Sentries, rockets, etc).

The RoV cooldown drops 4 secs every time you fire something (N2 bonus) so that's not really an issue.

BVE = Bonus Damage vs Elites or "increased damage against elites" like on the Yang this toon has https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/PMG-1510/hero/46685697

You definitely can't go wrong with Area Damage either but I can't comment on the MS side since I haven't spec'd for it ... leave that one to dmkt!
02/19/2019 01:59 PMPosted by PMG
RoV (Flying Strike) is really only useful for the freeze and to activate the 6pc Nats bonus. The actual damage from RoV is sort of meaningless in the grand scheme...

according to D3planner for my NS hybrid...

Cluster Arrow (Cold) total damage - 13,369,858,027,660
RoV Damage - 175,608,395,719
(75x more damage)

And if I'm not mistaken (though might be so don't quote me) that total damage is PER CA cast (assuming 5 Sentries, rockets, etc).

The RoV cooldown drops 4 secs every time you fire something (N2 bonus) so that's not really an issue.

BVE = Bonus Damage vs Elites or "increased damage against elites" like on the Yang this toon has https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/PMG-1510/hero/46685697

You definitely can't go wrong with Area Damage either but I can't comment on the MS side since I haven't spec'd for it ... leave that one to dmkt!

Thanks a lot PMG
So I am new to the N6M4 UE build on my end too but I do know that any N6M4 build the RoV damage is very tiny in comparison to the actual total damage you do. I would absolutely remove RoV damage. If you are not grouping with a support barb or znec then I would still try to stack all the resource cost redux that you can and add in the max hatred with your paragon too. I like to still swap out to reaper wraps depending on how high I am pushing and it can make a big difference on the amount of hatred you have to burn things down.

02/19/2019 01:09 PMPosted by Haybaler
Thanks for the responses . I knew I had a good roll on it . Just wasn't sure what or if anything I should roll to it . So RoV should be rolled off in favor of AD ? RoV is part of the skill tree although not the main damage attribute . 25% to it is quite a bit though . I am guessing that because of the 30 second cooldown on RoV that it would be better to add area damage so my CA can put out more damage . Is this the reasoning behind your suggestions dmkt and PMG ?

If I decided to play Multi-shot version of the build , would I keep the AD or go with Attack Speed ?

Last question for PMG . What is BVE ?

I am new to this build so I don't know all the abbreviations presented .

Thanks guys ! I didn't want to take up band width on the forums so I thought I would ask about the Nat's bow in here . Sorry if I got too far off base . Carry On !

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Haybaler-1911/hero/27390511
Again slightly off topic but I just last night tried a cobbled together N6M4 MS build and damn it's fun even solo...still gotta get used to the CoE rotation for burst damage with a full globe. Gonna be scouring for more on this one for sure as I was pretty comfy at 100 with no augments and not the best gear at all...did finally augment one piece (Primal Nat ring) so now on to the grind to get gems leveled to augment more.
Update:

123 down with 2 n6m4 / znec / zmonk. We swapped land of the dead to a different rune so the mobs aren’t frozen - this allowed more grouping and pulling.
02/20/2019 01:18 PMPosted by Trikalicious
Update:

123 down with 2 n6m4 / znec / zmonk. We swapped land of the dead to a different rune so the mobs aren’t frozen - this allowed more grouping and pulling.

Gratz!!
02/20/2019 01:18 PMPosted by Trikalicious
Update:

Very impressive , good logic in planning how you would approach the run to get grouping and pulling to work for you guys . Congrats !
Uhm, I noticed DMKT managed to push his solo version to top 15 on season ladder... with under 2k paragon. He said earlier that this build will lag LfB by around 5 GR levels but could this be a legit pushing contender given equal paragons? He's just 1 GR level behind top 5.
02/22/2019 08:24 AMPosted by Tanque
Uhm, I noticed DMKT managed to push his solo version to top 15 on season ladder... with under 2k paragon. He said earlier that this build will lag LfB by around 5 GR levels but could this be a legit pushing contender given equal paragons? He's just 1 GR level behind top 5.

Hey, this thread got a little confusing due to non-season vs grandeur bonus vs solo and group performance.

To set some clear expectations on Solo Performance:

Non-Season: 4-5GRs behind Cluster Arrow
S16: Might be 0-1 GR behind Cluster Arrow, I cannot say yet with confidence, but the power level feels pretty close to LfB.

For my own solo push play, I need to find specific affix rolls. My initial strategy was to max main stat early on, with some paragon under the belt, I will convert some vit/dex rolls into area damage. Last evening, I went after GR122 after swapping 3 pieces of gear for those with AD, I traded 3000dex for 40% AD, the result was positive, I got to the RG with 3 min to spare, but didn't have a power pylon to make it in time.

At this stage, we have a nice competitive Top 10, but I think we haven't seen all representation yet, many are focusing their hours on building up other toons, pushing 4-man, growing their paragon, augments, etc. I fully expect some big clears to surface later on. Paragon for Paragon, Multi and Cluster are very close. Should be interesting to watch it unfold.
In the first vid, it looks like the CA Hybrid was playing a more traditional Hybrid style. Maintaining distance, strategic sentry placement... and you were more in the mix.

Was the CA hybrid still getting the benefit of the globes and Reapers playing at a distance like that?

Does the CA Hybrid have to stick fairly close to the Necro to get the globes?

The main problem I had trying this spec last night was that I felt I had to stick close to the necro and lost a lot of my effectiveness as a hybrid.

Also... do you think a globe eating strafe ZDH would be helpful in these groups? (something like this https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Varadia-1555/hero/100454759 - should have K'mar in hand if right build)

Thanks
Hello Var,

There are some interesting options for the 4th player. We've had success with zBarb, zMonk and even a WD with thing of the deep. Between the Natmas and the zNec, the pickup radius should be enough to keep hatred going, with minimal globe fetching. (My DH runs about 10 yards). The first vid on PTR, I had like 2 yards of pickup, and was green to this style of game play.

When you are trying to push without a 4th player dedicated to globe pickup, or without additional defensive benefits like IP, you typically stay around the rim of an enemy pack because it's safer. You will get bigger Zeis bonuses at 30-40 yards, go too far and you'll miss globes. I don't know the exact distance of multiplayer globe reach, feels like 40 yards from the globe.

Regarding the viability of a zDH, i don't think Strafe is going to offer much value. A zDH is constrained on skill slots. So I'd recommend the following:

1. Entangling Shot with Buriza in cube / odyssey end worn (this is the best way imho).
2. Multishot (windchill)
3. Marked for Death (valley, possibly w calamity)
4. Sentry (guardian turret, watch the lag, see comment below)
5. Companion (wolf, use when buff not visible on the bar)
6. Vault (rattling roll)

Ess of Johan (Overwhelming Desire cubed, if survival is good enough)
Strongarms (zNec will have nems & strongarms)
Passives: Numbing Traps, Thrill of the Hunt, Blood Vengeance

Two natmas will cause big lag spikes in thick density, so its important not to add anymore with extra turrets. With thrill of the hunt, the natmas maybe able to just run guardian turrets. We haven't tried zDH 4th yet, but when you look at the skill list, minus the entangling / odyssey, it looks like an S6 Impale could fill in.
N6M4 FTW!!