Tomorrow is one week

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
One week has nearly gone by without word from Blizzard. No changes on the blog, nothing. Anyone else curious if they are just going to pump what is already on the blog through as-is? Are they even actually listening/reading this forum or was it just put up as a show?

This isn't how communication works, Blizzard.
I'm hoping they'll have a post about the PTR tomorrow when it closes.
11/27/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Zohar

I do as well. Silence seems to be the way they handle things. It's been their thing for a few years now so I shouldn't be surprised. I just wish they would hire someone who knows how to communicate. Or, get rid of the manager who is suppressing their CM's from being allowed to do so.
Expecting to see LoN buffed to 666%.
Expecting to see exactly zero changes
11/27/2018 08:46 AMPosted by DisposableH

That's what I am afraid of actually. I expected to see a few changes by now, since the PTR phase is so short I figured we'd see some break-neck speed on changes then reiterations then more changes. Rather, they are taking the collect data over the week approach with little to no adjustments.

It's so frustrating to see hundreds of amazing suggestions on this forum just slide into obscurity. The game is old, they are not actively working on it anymore. There's no reason to not just throw the playbook out the window and do some crazy fun stuff.

It closes tomorrow?! That's very disappointing considering that they've not done any adjustments during testing.

What's the point of a PTR if they're not going to respond to feedback?
11/27/2018 08:58 AMPosted by SolFire

It closes tomorrow?! That's very disappointing considering that they've not done any adjustments during testing.

Exactly! I feel like this PTR was less to change things based on feedback and more to collect data on the already-changed-numbers in the blog. It seems to have just been a way to make sure no combinations/sets drastically became busted thanks to the royal ring change and percentages overhaul.

Which, if that is the case, why even open the forum up at all? They can collect that data without our input on this forum.
11/27/2018 08:58 AMPosted by SolFire

To placate the outrage over Diablo Immortal in the lowest effort manner possible
Let's put this in perspective. The put out the ptr just before Thanksgiving. Which most companies either have reduced work schedule or are off for the rest of weekend for travel to see family and what not.

So yesterday being Monday. They probably had a meeting then looked at numbers and other forms of feedback on the test. Today or tomorrow would be the earliest we should have expected to see anything off the PTR. I'm betting in tommorow since the ptr should close at that time. Which would be a good time to update the patch notes with bringing down over performance and up under performance based on top solo and group clears for live.
I appreciate the optimism. I hope they do adjust some things prior to launch but they'll then be launching the adjusted patch without any public testing.

Given how this has worked in the past, it does not seem like a good idea. I'd rather see the patch delayed for further testing than see it blindly go live.
They won't launch the patch till after the season is over. And there hasn't been an announcement for the season 16 will start ( patch normally goes live same week as a season start) but this is a different ptr as noted in the notes. So we may get another week. Before it goes live.

Also they hinted at not finalized notes so we should get something as far as adjustment goes. It's just a matter of if we get to test those adjustments.
11/27/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Ruined
Expecting to see LoN buffed to 666%.

What would that accomplish? not even 2 grs of difference.

All I expect are nerfs, to Inna's and Tal'Rasha.
11/27/2018 08:46 AMPosted by DisposableH

This. As somebody here said before, it looks like they only wanted to see if there is something really overpowered (like 4-5 GR over others).

The state of WD (besides Firebats and Jade) is bad, sadly. There is no real balance within this class.

And LoN… still sucks.
11/27/2018 10:15 AMPosted by shadowforge
Let's put this in perspective. The put out the ptr just before Thanksgiving. Which most companies either have reduced work schedule or are off for the rest of weekend for travel to see family and what not.

So yesterday being Monday. They probably had a meeting then looked at numbers and other forms of feedback on the test. Today or tomorrow would be the earliest we should have expected to see anything off the PTR. I'm betting in tommorow since the ptr should close at that time. Which would be a good time to update the patch notes with bringing down over performance and up under performance based on top solo and group clears for live.
Upvoted for perspective.
I think there will be another week of ptr with new changes.