If only minor changes come to D3, what would you want?

General Discussion
Since it is most likely that D3 is in maintenance mode and that we can not expect too drastic changes coming to the game anymore, I would like to ask you:

"If there are only minor changes coming to the game, what minor changes would you like to see?"

================

This here is my personal list (in no specific order):

• Make the Iceblink gem more useful by letting its primary property simply increase frost damage by x% + y% per level and the lvl25 bonus be "Your Cold skills now apply Chill effects and your Chill effects now slow enemy movement speed by an additional 25%"
  • Move the Paragon Point Button to the right, between the resource orb and the friendlist & collection buttons, so it isn't too much in the way when you level up during a GR.
  • Bring back the Gauntlet Cursor at least as an option that we can enable in the menu.
  • Let us extract Bovine Bardiches and Puzzle Rings into an item that can be stacked and and that we then can use to open up the portals. That would free up lots of inventory space.
  • Firebirds 6 piece bonus simply changed to 4000% fire (skill) damage and 60% damage reduction, regardless of how many enemies are burning and the 4 piece bonus simply causes enemies to burn for 3000% fire damage for 5 seconds when you apply a source of fire damage to them. This would get rid of this cheesy playstyle.
  • Add Disintegrate to DMO bonus.
  • Allow us to freely choose the season starter set.
  • Remove set dungeon requirement for seasonal journey (except the Masters of the Universe conquest).
  • Let LoN also work with non-ancient items.
  • New legendary single elemental rings that have the legendary property of either "Element X deals 50% increased damage" or "Element X deals 30% increased damage and you deal 20-25% increased damage against elites" for people who want an alternative to CoE.
  • Lock UI elements during combat. I'm sick and tired of accidentally clicking that awful chatbox, the stupid community/friends button or my pets/follower while trying to aim at something at range. This might as well include that paragon button, which I agree, is located in a really stupid place.

Let me retire a character back into NS after I complete the seasonal journey.

Letting LoN work with standard legs would be really cool as well, even if it's with a smaller bonus. It would really help those of us who actually like to try different things without having to commit a metric ton of time to ideas that may not work as well as we initially expected. It's not like LoN is anywhere near class sets these days, anyways.
    Bring the currently underperforming sets/builds closer to the top performing sets/builds for each class.

That's it.
    You will probably laugh it off but I think it would be nice if you have all the gem upgrade recipes and want to make a flawless royal, be able to pick just the flawless royal and pick as many as you want or able to make and make just the flawless royal and taking however many lower value gems you need to make the flawless royal instead of having to make your way through the steps one at a time
    10/11/2018 09:55 PMPosted by spacecadet13
    Bring the currently underperforming sets/builds closer to the top performing sets/builds for each class.

That actually would be considered a major change, since it would require a lot of testing.
    I want some skillrunes to synergize with your weapon damage type.
    I mean, if I use a fire damage skill while holding a weapon imbued with fire damage then it shall grant such bonuses like extra crowd control chance like fear; beside inflict Damage Over Time or debuffing the target to be critically hit, either lower their defenses against non-physical damage.

I want some other skillrunes to synergize with utility affixes.
    If I want to stack Goldfind% or Life After Kill, those also should benefit my build. This way even low level legendary items can be useful, let along Primals that are badly rolled.
    If possible I'd also like high level Rare items to roll 3 utility affixes, so they'd serve as a step stone and won't feel awkward the moment you step past lvl60 or reach lvl70.

10/11/2018 09:26 PMPosted by clueso
    Let LoN also work with non-ancient items.

I can't say I agree.

or people who want an alternative to CoE.

We have alternatives to that by the means of small arsenal of very specific legendary items. Andariel, SoJ, SLWaders for general elemental skill damage boosts. We also have Magefist, Frostburn and Thundergod's if you want to be specific, and such weapons like Doombringer, Azurewrath, Skycutter... You get the idea.

If something could be done I'd rather see their multipliers amplified, because without a high amount of RcR% you can not spam your resource spending abilities long enough to out-do CoE at most times. Another main problem here is Sets' restriction and actually how powerful RoRG is.
    *Increase the rewards for doing contents outside of rifts, as such it wouldn't feel like a complete waste of time doing anything except rifts. Let bandit shrines exist in campaign mode.

*Increase rewards of cursed shrine and up the chance of a boss encounter (last time I fought a boss from a curse shrine or chest was when RoS was first release).

*Allow players to view their storage and/or individual characters inventory without having to enter a game (similar to when we had the AH, we were able to do this).

*Allow those who force-end archon while wearing the swami early to retain their archon stacks instead of losing it. (I would also say give archon a new skill to fill in that empty slot, but that's a topic for another time)

*Let death breaths and forgotten souls to drop from bounty caches.
    Move the game to peer-to-peer instead of always-online. And let the community do with the game as it will from there on. Blizzard's attempt at an iron grip on the game has clearly not added a damned thing to its appeal, value, or product life. And it's definitely come with a price.

Of course, in this day and age, I would have built Diablo 3 from the ground up with the modding scene in mind. Mods are half what keeps the Elder Scrolls series running for YEARS after each game has past its prime. Hell, they're still selling copies of Morrowind, today, almost ten years later for that reason. Yes, it costs more up front, but a game designed around modding is also a game designed around being easily expandable, which means its easier and quicker to build the game in the first place (because better designed tools do that) but it also makes it easier and quicker to build and incorporate DLC/Expansions to sell and further prolong the shelf-life of the game. Ignoring the modding scene is akin to cutting your nose off to spite your face -- a fact that far too many studios just don't seem to grasp.
    10/11/2018 11:12 PMPosted by naksiloth
    or people who want an alternative to CoE.

We have alternatives to that by the means of small arsenal of very specific legendary items. Andariel, SoJ, SLWaders for general elemental skill damage boosts. We also have Magefist, Frostburn and Thundergod's if you want to be specific, and such weapons like Doombringer, Azurewrath, Skycutter... You get the idea.

Yeah, but all of these except SoJ are not rings and the elemental bonus and the damage against elites bonus on SoJ are not a legendary property, so you can't put it in the cube.
    Hum ............ may be a SSF (Solo Self-Found) mode. It can be as simple as a option in character creation, when you tick it, you cannot create or join public game, the rest is separate Stash space. If devs think it is too costly to prepare extra Stash space, they can set it as a per Season option, I mean when you create your first Seasonal character, you need to choose whether you want SSF mode or not in the whole season. I also think it is not necessary to have a separate LB if devs worry above the cost of Server Memory, just a SSF sign in font of player's name is enough. To me, a name with SSF sign in the LB is already a create honor. Experienced player should know the different of efficiency of character progression between SSF & Group Players is huge :)
    I want all the QoL suggestions made by community member Evil.

10/11/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
    Lock UI elements during combat.

Definitely this. At least in GRs this should be done.
    1) When there are multiple types of crafting materials on the ground, clicking on one of them grabs all of them in your pickup radius similar to the way picking up gems currently works. (There's no reason not to pick them all up.)

2) Rearrange the list of item names that show up on set items so that they match the top-to-bottom order of how you would equip them (helm->shoulders->chest etc. with weapons/off-hands last). As it is now, the set items seem to be listed in random order.

3) A few of the class sets are not limited to being worn only by the class for which they are intended (I forget which ones) which was probably an oversight. Make it so that those sets can only be worn by their respective classes for consistency's sake.
    as someone who likes to play solo, i would like it to be more rewarding. I am mostly thinking about experience gains. And it could only be applied to GRs.. like increase all XP in GRs by 40 - 50 % when playing solo. I dont know how much they should increase it but any amount would be welcome because farming xp solo if far less efficient than playing in group imo
    10/11/2018 09:55 PMPosted by spacecadet13

That's it.
    ^^this.
    Minor addition? How about completing the project to give all Legendary gear a special affix?
    Shaman class ! Oh wait.. Hmm minor.. Perhaps less sound effects option, cause playing a Barbarian Urgh huh roar get's tiresome to listen to.
    Performance optimization.

Some maps have considerably worse performance than others at certain settings.

With my Ryzen system, most of the GR maps run very well (100+ FPS), but the Crater map has significantly worse performance (20-30% drop in frames).
    Sorry but open trading is the only thing that will bring this dead game back to life...
    10/12/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Crypto
    Sorry but open trading is the only thing that will bring this dead game back to life...

A: This game is not dead.
    B: The only thing open trading would bring is grey market trade using real money.
    C: Point B would make the botting situation even worse.
    Of course the game is dead, I started the season just like everyone else and like most other people I'm already done because I'm bored with it. I feel the rewards I'm getting are not worth the time I'm investing into the game thus I play something else.

Looking forward to Fallout 76 :) or perhaps D2 remastered if they don't $crew it up with bind on account.