New cube recipe - Transfer augment

General Discussion
Just an idea. How about a recipe that takes a level 25 gem and an already augmented item and transfers it to a new item, of course consuming the old item as well as the gem. Save a little bit of time when new items drop.
You know you can just re-augment an item..
And, if I have an item that was good enough to augment in the first place, I sure as heck am not going to destroy it just to augment a different item.
10/28/2018 09:05 PMPosted by TheDerfman
How about a recipe that takes a level 25 gem and an already augmented item and transfers it to a new item
Do you mean transferring the augment to a completely different Ancient item or a better version of the same Ancient item? Either way,
10/28/2018 10:01 PMPosted by Romzarah
↑ This. ↑ (Or just add an augment to the new Ancient item).

I understand that if you have an Ancient item with a Rank 100 augment on it, transferring that augment for the cost of a Rank 25 LGem would be easier and less time-consuming. But, if you're augmenting every Ancient item you find, you're wasting a lot of time and LGems anyway.

This is just my opinion, but you should only augment Ancient items that have all the Properties you want for your build. Even if they don't have perfect stats. And if you do this, by the time you're ready for your next augment, you should have at least a few LGems leveled up for that purpose.

I guess I should expect as much from this community.

10/28/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Perusoe
10/28/2018 09:05 PMPosted by TheDerfman
How about a recipe that takes a level 25 gem and an already augmented item and transfers it to a new item
Do you mean transferring the augment to a completely different Ancient item or a better version of the same Ancient item? Either way,
↑ This. ↑ (Or just add an augment to the new Ancient item).

I understand that if you have an Ancient item with a Rank 100 augment on it, transferring that augment for the cost of a Rank 25 LGem would be easier and less time-consuming. But, if you're augmenting every Ancient item you find, you're wasting a lot of time and LGems anyway.

This is just my opinion, but you should only augment Ancient items that have all the Properties you want for your build. Even if they don't have perfect stats. And if you do this, by the time you're ready for your next augment, you should have at least a few LGems leveled up for that purpose.

I'm talking about augmenting a better version of one I already have. When you are doing GR 90 and above not having your gear completely augmented is just dumb. However, as happens every now and then you do get a better roll on new drop right after you had augmented the previous gear with a 100+ gem. It is a little frustrating when that happens. This would alleviate some of that frustration.

10/28/2018 10:51 PMPosted by Slamboney
And, if I have an item that was good enough to augment in the first place, I sure as heck am not going to destroy it just to augment a different item.

Neither would I. I would only use it to augment a better version of itself.
After some thought on this I think this shows an inherent issue with augmenting in general. Thirteen pieces of gear and only 5 chances to upgrade gems per run. Add to that the need to get keys and you could be spending way too much time to fully augment gear. I am not asking to make this really easy, just a reasonable amount of time. The time to augment gear seems a little (and really just a little) unreasonable. Could use some adjustments again. But since this game is now in the hands of the classic team that may be a bit too much to ask for.