How is Divinity 2 Original Sin?

General Discussion
How it stack up against Diablo 3 and Diablo Immortal?
Great game, not in the same genre as Diablo though. Think of it as a much better Baldures Gate.
If you enjoy Turn-Based, D:OS 2 is great.
Its !@#$ing amazing. Buy it. If you havent played the first one, i suggest you buy that too.
Great game, in fact almost all the Divinity games are. Not quite the same genre, but they do have a focus on loot acquisition & progression. I'd say even start with the original Divine Divinity if you haven't already. ( https://store.steampowered.com/app/214170/Divine_Divinity/ )
I have it. I put a couple hours into it. (200?)

Lots to read, choices to make and matter. Strategy is a high point in the game play. You can easily ruin your success with a few bad choices. You can also topple a dragon with the right preparation.

There's a lot you can't not do in the game. No invisible walls or plot armor villains. I managed to steal this "death fog" barrel that insta-kills all living enemies and threw it at a boss that was like 10 levels ahead of me (at a later introduction portion). He wasn't meant to die so early and changed a bunch of the rest of the act as a result of my actions. It was kinda funny.

I think one if it's few flaws is that focusing hard into one thing or another is really a lot better for success than mixing things up. Example; Investing heavily into one element of spells is significantly better than spreading your skill points across multiple elements.

I haven't let myself get very far and then I put it down because choices really rattle my experience and I have to try a bit of everything before I commit to a build.
You can steal next to everything except for most furniture. Kill pretty much everyone. Perhaps not the children? I forget.

All in all, I can't predict what you would like but if it goes on sale there's a good chance you'll enjoy it if you like RPGs in general.
It's one of my all time favorite games. With that said it really doesn't have anything to do with Diablo so I don't know how someone could answer how it stacks up to those games.
It's the type of game Blizzard would have made back in the day. But it isn't a hack and slash; it's turn based, as others have said.

CDProjekt Red, Larian and Rockstar are pretty much the rockstars of this generation. There are others that make successful games, but these guys typically do it in consumer friendly (or at least hide things well) ways and are as Blizzard was way back.
Its a great game, played it twice, play on the hardest difficulty, it got patched recently.
How it stack up against Diablo 3 and Diablo Immortal?[/quite

[quote="207682805976"]How it stack up against Diablo 3 and Diablo Immortal?

Is not an arpg but rather a story driven tactical rpg.
It is a masterpiece.
11/08/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Sindothyx
It's the type of game Blizzard would have made back in the day. But it isn't a hack and slash; it's turn based, as others have said.

CDProjekt Red, Larian and Rockstar are pretty much the rockstars of this generation. There are others that make successful games, but these guys typically do it in consumer friendly (or at least hide things well) ways and are as Blizzard was way back.

Ya but Rockstar slaves their employees to a point where people suicide.
it's inhuman to make your employees work 100 hours a week.
11/07/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Phelios
How it stack up against Diablo 3 and Diablo Immortal?

Not quite the same genre, but still amazing games nonetheless.

I've played through both games and while playing single player was still great fun, I had WAY more fun playing with a buddy in co-op.
DoS 2 is a turn based RPG, while Diablo is an action RPG. Different types of games. However, DoS 1&2 is amazing at what it does. Everything you do feels and DOES have an impact of the game later on. If you're interested in those games, definitely check it out.

Also, once you beat it once or twice, try mods! It will spice up the game play a bit.
Divinity is a game like Baldur's Gate. It's nice if you like RPG genre and read the dialogues and lore.
How is the gearing and looting working in Divinity 2 ?
How is DOS2? Its Awesome.
11/08/2018 06:50 AMPosted by OnlyReaper

vanilla is pretty basic. Add some mods to make them more diversified and interesting.

It isn't really a loot-driven game, although gear still matters a lot. Progression isn't what you'd see in Diablo either, since you don't just level up all the time and have to actually think where you assign your skill points in order to have your characters be proficient in specific tasks. Definitely not a case of getting all the skills a la Paragon by just grinding.

Combat-wise, it's extremely strategy-oriented. Positioning matters, using your surroundings to place obstacles or using objects as catalysts for environmental effects, exploiting weaknesses, party composition. It's not a game that will hold your hand. You'll certainly die a lot if you just rush in without a plan, and very often you'll find unconventional approach is highly rewarding. In some cases, even mandatory. Some encounters will feel impossible, till you eventually see something you previously didn't, resulting in many "ah ha!" moments that just feel so good. Levels also matter. Being underleveled for any given area will very likely result in defeat, so be mindful of that.

This applies to anything you do. You can unlink your characters to roam around freely, so you can use one to distract someone while another sneaks around, for instance. It's an RPG though and through, and a solid iteration on the traditional CRPG formula. Also get ready to read a bit. These games will tell you a lot of stuff through text.

Visually, it's got a very stylized and colorful aesthetic. Both are gorgeous games to look and listen to. It also happens to feature superb voice acting, which brings many characters to life in a really compelling way. It also has a really quirky and charming sense of humor, which only adds to the immersion value. It's not a game you can truly get into within a couple hours, though, so I suggest picking up the first one and giving it a fair run, because either of them can easily give you hundreds of hours of fun if you enjoy that type of game.

More importantly, these games clearly demonstrate you don't need overmarketed campaigns and ridiculous over-monetization greed-driven models to deliver a rock-solid gaming experience.
It's a great game with huge depth. It may feel a bit slow at start, but it is great. However it's not exactly in the genre of ARPG like Diablo. It has it's unique gameplay mechanics and so. For me the remarkable thing in this case is that this game earned money through funding site and it's indeed great.
11/08/2018 07:48 AMPosted by BloodxLord

vanilla is pretty basic. Add some mods to make them more diversified and interesting.

Not really used to mod outside of Cs go.
So, do I only go in the Steam workshop and DownLoad an add-on that gives more loot ?

I want to buy Divinity 2, but im a big loot geek, I need an amazing loot system to like the game. if the loot system sucks, I won't like it.