Season 16 mass player boycott

General Discussion
Should be interesting to see the Blizz thoughts on that...
you already paid for the game, everything else is nothing Blizzard cares about anymore.
As much as Blizzard stirred up the hive with D:I, I dont think it's helpful to just engage in random measures you think might "hurt" them.
As far as our information goes, the Diablo 3 Team is working on something nice for Season 16, so lets keep the D:I frenzy out of this and try to enojy it when the season hits.

Edit for clarification of my stance towards the current happening:

- I absolutely despise the fundamental decisions behind D:I, that its not "forged by Blizzard" and they partnered up with one of the prime evils in terms of monetization.
- I havent played D3 since the start of the "maintenance season", though I would love to play again when changes happen.
11/13/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Sniffer
As much as Blizzard stirred up the hive with D:I, I dont think it's helpful to just engage in random measures you think might "hurt" them.
As far as our information goes, the Diablo 3 Team is working on something nice for Season 16, so lets keep the D:I frenzy out of this and try to enojy it when the season hits.

I'm not sure how a season theme going to bring their dissapointed fans back.
A mass boycott of season 16, really? What are you, 12?

D:I is garbage but what would boycotting a season in a game that you already paid in full for achieve?
correct ways to apply pressure to Blizz

1) Do not give them money for anything incl card packs, loot boxes, pets, mounts, unsub wow, cancel order for W3 reforged etc.

2) Do not sign up for or download D:I
11/13/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Davez
11/13/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Sniffer

I'm not sure how a season theme going to bring their dissapointed fans back.

Depends on the weight of the season theme, the first 2 were basically non-existent.

Seasons overall started out good, with the term good being relative to D3 that is, as I was saying, the first few seasons were ok, there were seasonal only items, could've been way more but it was a start, but became obsolete since it never happened again and we're still fixed on must have legs and sets.
Sure they tweaked some numbers on a bunch of those items and the outcome was about 1 extra build per class being viable with the overall problem still persisting, not having the freedom of choosing your own gear and skills is just bad by default.
Season 16 mass player boycott

If there is nothing more than another double effect in that season you don't even need to call people for a boycott. We are already bored to death.
Actually activision would love that.
11/13/2018 01:22 AMPosted by ZETA
Should be interesting to see the Blizz thoughts on that...

eh sorry..boycott what? a game that has a handful of active players and a bunch of bots?
11/13/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Omega

Not if they use time played as a success metric for D3. Which they probably do.
I still get some enjoyment from HC so I will probably play s16 in some form. But it'll probably be a 70/30 ratio of diablo 2 vs diablo 3 play time.
This would be the easiest boycott ever with the torrent of new content for Diablo 3 seasons these days. :p
11/13/2018 03:55 AMPosted by jay
11/13/2018 03:10 AMPosted by Omega

Not if they use time played as a success metric for D3. Which they probably do.

I Disagree, i will say ,and what i say obviously is subjective but, cant you see the reason why they are migrating to mobile and mtx microtransation based games? There is no space to make " box games " anymore, they want more money, constant money, it's not worth anymore to make a game and be paid right off the bat by giving the consumer a polished game.
Today most games are always in a beta state (dota2 came to mind). why pay a whole pack with employee's for a game that was made 6-4 years ago, since we are not making money anymore. Dont be gullible. We live in a profit thirsty world. D3 will die pretty soon. And D3 is not like broodwar or warcraft 3, with a chance to appear on huge stages for it's competitiveness, thus making reforged, remake etc to try to revive it and try to revive a golden age that blizzard had but threw away. Mark my words, D3 will die soon, and if D4 comes out, it will be a subpar game because the market have 90's blizzard teams making really good games out there today.
And this is not being pessimistic, it's skepticism.
I'll only play the next season if the theme is actually good this time.
Haven't "played" D3 in many seasons, logged in a couple of times just to log out 2min after. Each season now is just a replay of previous season, get's boring real fast without updates to go along new seasons.

If s16 offers something different i might play it
the game is already in standby mode.. They got the message guys.. Move on with life
What are you talking about? Season 15 was already a ghost town. I think maybe 3 people on my friends list played for maybe two weeks and then that was it.
Just don't buy D;I that is the biggest statement you can make, just don't even entertain the idea, it would even be better if no one even mentioned the damn thing at all, but because it's such a topic of contention that's not likely to happen,