Tin foil hat time...

General Discussion
This whole mess with Diablo Immortal is confusing and makes little sense guys. Really think Blizzard so inept it, can't remember this. https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/13607363/ascend-to-victory-with-happy-reaper%E2%84%A2-4-1-2014 Occam razor what's simplest explanation that fits. It the most likely answer. Doesn't mean it is answer but more likely than other options. Guys maybe it was a out of season Aprils fools joke. Diablo launchs on April 1 maybe I could be wrong. Also maybe Diablo 4 is on phone and pc and console and there cross play everyone wins. This is my guess time will tell.
No, it's not a joke. Blizzard does not have enough self awareness anymore to pull off a stunt like that.

Also, if it was a joke, they would've given the punch line DURING Blizzcon, not waiting a week while the company loses 40% of its stock value.
11/13/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Stormspark
No, it's not a joke. Blizzard does not have enough self awareness anymore to pull off a stunt like that.

Also, if it was a joke, they would've given the punch line DURING Blizzcon, not waiting a week while the company loses 40% of its stock value.
Yea but if they release Diablo 4 that will be fixed quickly is my guess;)
I am not buying into this. The mobile game coming seems somewhat real. The only thing I could imagine is that this step to mobile is some sort of preparation for D4. No idea why and how but I could see something like they've done with Fallout Shelter or ME Andromeda mobile app. I am still missing a lot of pieces here to understand Blizz at this point.
I know you Blizzard. First time I played one of your games was shareware version of Warcraft 1 I got by sending in snail mail. Blizzard didn't get to were they are by being suicidal.
11/13/2018 06:53 AMPosted by SirSmokes
I know you Blizzard. First time I played one of your games was shareware version of Warcraft 1 I got by sending in snail mail. Blizzard didn't get to were they are by being suicidal.

It's not Blizzard anymore, it's Activision-Blizzard. A very very big difference.
11/13/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Moose

It's not Blizzard anymore, it's Activision-Blizzard. A very very big difference.
Well Activision now that I think about it would have to be pretty foolish to kill the goose that lays golden eggs.

Are you the same person now as you were over a decade ago?

People change over time, whether they change for better or worse is another matter.
11/13/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Oblivion

Are you the same person now as you were over a decade ago?

People change over time, whether they change for better or worse is another matter.
But still dose not change the fact what happened at Blizzcon makes no sense. They can have changed but still not be so stupid. Come on you really think blizzard thought a room full of pc and console player wanted a phone game. There something going on guys relax.
11/13/2018 08:22 AMPosted by SirSmokes
11/13/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Moose

Well Activision now that I think about it would have to be pretty foolish to kill the goose that lays golden eggs.

They don't care what hardcore Blizzard fans think. They are in it for the money, and it's been working out for them. Hopefully the backlash to this mobile garbage will make them take a step back and think, but I don't think it will. They are going to make a boat load of money off that, and it's pretty sad.
11/13/2018 08:28 AMPosted by SirSmokes
But still dose not change the fact what happened at Blizzcon makes no sense. They can have changed but still not be so stupid. Come on you really think blizzard thought a room full of pc and console player wanted a phone game. There something going on guys relax.

I think the only person who should relax and come to terms with the fact that blizzard has a goal in sight that doesn't pertain to their pc player base is yourself.
Dude as long as game is good looks good runs well and the controls work who cares.
11/13/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Stormspark

The huge drop in stock value is due to Activision / Blizzard not meeting expectations financially... a small % had anything to do with Diablo.
We're two weeks past BlizzCon. This is not a joke.

You can earn money you didn't make earlier. But you can't just repair a reputation that tanked so much in so little time. There's just no long-term endgame for Blizzard if this were a joke.
11/13/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Ferret
We're two weeks past BlizzCon. This is not a joke.

You can earn money you didn't make earlier. But you can't just repair a reputation that tanked so much in so little time. There's just no long-term endgame for Blizzard if this were a joke.
Sure you can Release D4 on all platforms even phone and blow everyone a way with a great game.
There's is a problem with your theory... this "out of season april fools joke" is costing actiblizz billions on the stock market. If Blizz wanted to do this, they wouldnt do it with such a gap between announcement of Diablo Immortal and D4 release while their stocks go into free fall mode losing investors big money. Worst case scenario with this theory blizz might stretch it over a single week or something.

I think your theory would be more believable if you said Blizz was out to set the world record for the worlds most expensive joke.
The idea is fun, however probably more dumb.

No company gambles with their stocks to say :”SURPRISE!!!!!” WE got ya didn’t we?!!!
11/13/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Todo
There's is a problem with your theory... this "out of season april fools joke" is costing actiblizz billions on the stock market. If Blizz wanted to do this, they wouldnt do it with such a gap between announcement of Diablo Immortal and D4 release while their stocks go into free fall mode losing investors big money. Worst case scenario with this theory blizz might stretch it over a single week or something.

I think your theory would be more believable if you said Blizz was out to set the world record for the worlds most expensive joke.

And you don't think D4 will not fix that problem?
11/13/2018 11:39 AMPosted by SirSmokes

Hmm... no not really.

If or whenever Diablo 4 is released, I don't see it being purchased en masse as Diablo 3 was at it's release. Most people now are rather skeptical of blizzard, and this recent event only served to augment that skepticism.

In consequence, most people are going to be wary of future Diablo products and will rather wait it out before getting it immediately.
11/13/2018 11:39 AMPosted by SirSmokes
11/13/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Todo

No... thats not how the world works. Companies dont intentionally screw themselves over and gamble billions away for the sake of a joke especially not when there are MONTHS between them. If I were an investor I'd sell my actiblizz stocks as soon as I found out this was all some joke. I wouldnt trust my money to be invested with a company thats going to gamble with my money on jokes. I'd think most anyone with a brain would do the same. So no, their stocks would crash and burn even harder after the announcement that this was a joke imo.

I thought you were making a joke when I first read your post. But man, you really need to get off that D4 hype train at this point. You're only setting yourself up for more dissappointment. Diablo Immortal isnt a joke, unfortunately.