S16 Patch PTR Wed Nov 21, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 19 Next
11/20/2018 03:28 AMPosted by Harlbinger
Why didn't they buff some sets like Ahkkan, Inarius and Pestilence?

I hope they still buff those during the PTR.

The point of the buffs is to bring the existing builds closer to each other. For example the Condemn build which is based on Akkhan set is the very top one. As a result Akkhen gets no buff.

That being said Inarius no getting a buff is a bit weird. But the numbers are said to change as PTR goes on, maybe Inarius gets a buff too.

Also keep in mind that GRs increase in difficulty exponentially. That means if a set gets doubled damage boost, it equals only 4-5 GR levels better performance. The power increase isn't really that massive.
Ok i find the changes good but if you buff 6er bonus of all sets to x2-4 dmg then you should change the difficulty. T13 is not challenging after you get a full set. Im NOT for more difficultys (T20 or such) but for recalculating the difficulty. Set T13 to the highest Grift difficulty that player can do after the patch and then recalculate the numbers. Normal would be unchanged but everything else would get more and more difficult.
We NEED this change so we cant do everything in the game without any challenge beside the grifts. People will not stay for grifts only.
I know im a bit late but.....Diablo Immortal....ON DROID AP!!!!!!! I need to go Kick a puppy, just to maybe balance the inner hatered I feel =-(
11/19/2018 11:50 AMPosted by MissCheetah
11/19/2018 11:36 AMPosted by AlDante

It's not that it doesn't meet our requirements. It's the fact that Brandi keeps hyping everyone about the "Next thing for Diablo" and everytime it's just your same boring seasonal stuff. Literally nothing new. We are starving for content, and Brandi is holding a steak above, just out of reach. and then she lowers it down into our reach, waits for us to bite and yanks it away again.

This is an ongoing issue. How do you set player expectations so they don't get disappointed or misled? I am not sure how to do that.

She said they are not done with D3 and that there would be a blog news post. To me that means season end/start info, patch info, contests, promotions, etc. That is what they use the front news page for. They never ever announce new classes, expansions or games that way (which is what I think people really really want).

So yes, season news is always welcome, but it is not going to scratch the itch that people have for meaty new content.

I just wish people had not hung onto hopes for more than Season changes/patch stuff - for the short term anyway. I tried to tell people that here on the forums when they brought up the blog posts...but not everyone reads forums or follows up on replies.
stop your bias opinion no one care
This is pretty dam sad tbh. Watching Lost Ark on twitch and they have BOAT MECHANICS. New POE Trailer... etc. etc.[/quote

[quote="207682618057"]This is pretty dam sad tbh. Watching Lost Ark on twitch and they have BOAT MECHANICS. New POE Trailer... etc. etc.

here u got buff or nerf...
11/20/2018 04:04 AMPosted by TheTias
11/20/2018 03:13 AMPosted by JudgeDredd
2 Seasonal RoRG buff
It takes no more than a week for even a semi casual player to get all 6 items of all 4 sets for a character. So how is this seasonal theme anything other than blatant and intended discrimination against NS players ? Someone playing seasonal N6/M4 will easily do 3-5 GR higher than me cos they can use Unity now. Also new 2 set combos will be found that seasonal players can enjoy but us NS players are excluded.

This change allows a player to use an additional item in their build that they normally wouldn't be capable of using because the RoRG would have to occupy either the Kanai's Cube ring slot or one of the character doll sheet ring slots. You effectively get an extra item thrown into your build, which for some builds could substantially improve them. This is very handy as it can make some 4/2 builds into 4/4 builds, etc. Admittedly it would have more impact if sets weren't designed the way they are and damage was linearly calculated, not exponentially calculated, but more is generally better when it comes to available builds.

@TheTias you miss my point entirely .... its not that i dont like the Season of Grandeur its that NS players are prejudiced ... why must i be punished by not having another jewelry slot simply cos i play NS ???
11/20/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Kirottu

The point of the buffs is to bring the existing builds closer to each other. For example the Condemn build which is based on Akkhan set is the very top one. As a result Akkhen gets no buff.

That being said Inarius no getting a buff is a bit weird. But the numbers are said to change as PTR goes on, maybe Inarius gets a buff too.

Also keep in mind that GRs increase in difficulty exponentially. That means if a set gets doubled damage boost, it equals only 4-5 GR levels better performance. The power increase isn't really that massive.

I'm aware of GR's difficulty, but if that's true about the sets, why did they buff Raekor and Arachyr sets, since they're at the top?

At least they buffed LoN, so that's something. I mean, I wanted to make a strong Blessed Shield Build, but the only way I could use it is with either Akkhan or LoN.
11/20/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Nitzanshy
This is worse than nothing. Seriously just a blog post about blizzcon, and future projects would have been enough.
Thanks for hearing blizz! You need a hearing device.

Nah, I prefer another balancing patch over nothing.
11/20/2018 05:09 AMPosted by JudgeDredd
@TheTias you miss my point entirely .... its not that i dont like the Season of Grandeur its that NS players are prejudiced ... why must i be punished by not having another jewelry slot simply cos i play NS ???

As someone who plays NS and Seasons and is loving the double bounties buff being available in NS (I can claim with both my accounts in game), I can see a few issues with the RORG buff in NS.

Imagine running a NS HC character thinking you had a 6pc and 4pc buff from two different sets. But without the RORG buff, you're down to a 4pc and 2pc only... half the DR, bugger all damage. Oh, it's a GR100 you jumped into? Sorry about your RIP.

At least with seasonal characters, it's very clear you'd need to 'tidy' the character up a bit when it's converted to NS.

The previous two buffs didn't have such issues when the buff went away.

The previous buffs also wouldn't impact on the Era LBs too. Imagine having the RORG buff go away mid ERA and your character is all of a sudden down 20% in damage. So much for beating that rank 1 player.

It was a nice gesture for Blizzard to also include NS in these buffs but players need to be realistic that some buffs will be game breaking and can only be implemented in the confined environment of a season. The same thing happens with PoE. If a feature is successful and makes sense to remain in game 100% of the time going forward, they'll add it to the standard league where it can be accessed indefinitely.
11/20/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Harlbinger

I'm aware of GR's difficulty, but if that's true about the sets, why did they buff Raekor and Arachyr sets, since they're at the top?

Raekor highest 117. Condemn highest 124.

=> Condemn currently has 3 times the damage of Raekor.

Arachnyr highest is 115.

=> Condemn currently has 3,5 times the damage of Arachnyr.

I wish they would buff Wastes, Helltooth and Zuni to be comparable. But they will still suck compared to (buffed) Raekor and (buffed) Arachnyr. Again: Wastes needs MORE buff than Raekor. Please.
Ramaladni's Gift - add the ability to make a socket in rings and amulets.
"PS. We will not be considering any feedback from this PTR."
Is this an out of season April Fools joke?

no, seriously? is it?
I just don't see the point in bigger numbers. Power Creep is not the answer, it has never been the answer. Somehow, someway, the developers at blizzard heard us ask for BALANCE and came up with a solution to just make numbers bigger.

So now I'll log in, build a character to the highest limits for a week and realize greater rift 140 is the same thing as greater rift 1. JUST BIGGER NUMBERS. Come on, Blizzard. You are better than this.
11/20/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Cannae
I just don't see the point in bigger numbers. Power Creep is not the answer, it has never been the answer.

Somehow I think some suit at ActiBlizz gave the dev team a pep talk and this was said...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/54394511/you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers.jpg
Not a big fan of more power creep. Now granted this is only gonna change the top end GR clears by <10 (Remember that you need to double your damage every 5ish GRs). But T13 is even more trivial now and really with these changes T2-T12 just need to be removed.

I'm actually a fan of this season buff as its better then "double" this. With this one, I feel we'll see some interesting combos of items that replace the 6th piece.
11/20/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Kirottu

That doesn’t make much sense if I look at the Wizard.

Tal Rasha is arguably the strongest Wizard set, and even if Firebird is ahead it isn’t ahead by enough to justify QUADRUPLING Tal Rasha’s damage bonus. Or even doubling it. Same with Delsere.

And did you see that Leapquake buff? I mean.. 20000%? Granted, that might not be the final number.. but nothing should ever be even close to that amount. It’s hilariously ridiculous.
11/19/2018 10:49 AMPosted by Zilchorien
Hahahaha

No. For God sake, nooooo

PoE is coming to ps4...bye

See ya.
Make players more reliant on sets. Who are these people
11/20/2018 06:24 AMPosted by OSAY
Make players more reliant on sets. Who are these people

More reliant than 100% reliant? Not possible. Damage is done, let them balance their game around it.