S16 Patch PTR Wed Nov 21, 2018

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 19 Next
Next part of "Multiple Diablo Projects" xD
11/19/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Kirottu
QoL additions are always welcome. However...

What's with the frigging power creep?! Sets buffed beyond to insane levels. Please tell me this is just for testing purposes and won't go live.

You are clueless, sorry. They always buff too high on PTR to get people play those sets. Then they get nerfed during the PTR to be worse than meta at the end.

Like: Why the hell is Zuni still not viable after all those PTRs? I really hope some of the not so beloved sets stay a little over the top to fresh up the meta.

Not so enjoyable sets have to be slightly stronger than others imo.
11/19/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Arawn
11/19/2018 12:21 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Now, the question I have still is, if the unlock is separate per mode, is the drop? So can you get it once on HC and once on SC?

*blinks* That.... is an exceedingly good question

yaya i dbl quoted

Follow up question... How does the flag actually work. Is it on 'death' of the RG or is it on "completion of greater rift" meaning, i kill the RG, swipe the primal, ID it right there, don't like it, alt-f4 out, relog and try again? Having never turned in or completed the rift?

I feel like it's on Death as i'm terrible at remembering to close GR's sometimes after making that find, or i get an invite so i just leave without closing etc. And I'm pretty sure I've done that on my first 70 in a season before and still unlocked primals, so it'd have to be on death, right?
Is this an attempt to kill zDPS?
its balance patch. ... content the same.
Embarrassment...
T13 is now complete useless, or?
11/19/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Arawn
11/19/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Arawn

*blinks* That.... is an exceedingly good question

yaya i dbl quoted

Follow up question... How does the flag actually work. Is it on 'death' of the RG or is it on "completion of greater rift" meaning, i kill the RG, swipe the primal, ID it right there, don't like it, alt-f4 out, relog and try again? Having never turned in or completed the rift?

I feel like it's on Death as i'm terrible at remembering to close GR's sometimes after making that find, or i get an invite so i just leave without closing etc. And I'm pretty sure I've done that on my first 70 in a season before and still unlocked primals, so it'd have to be on death, right?

GRs set the "success/failure" criteria when you kill the boss. There are two criteria I know of - time and death count. Obviously you have to kill the boss before the timer for it to be "completed successfully" and no deaths means another gem roll. Again, this is an assumption, but it should work the same way.

The good thing about having the Primal drop is that people have been asking since they came out if there was an easy way to tell if they unlocked primals for sure. This is a start towards that request. Also a nice little bonus if it turns out to be useful. Having a free primal is actually something that has come up on the forums, I just never thought they would do it.
1st - zDPS builds should NEVER have been a thing in an aRPG ...like..ever so I don't care how they try to kill it.

2nd - Nobody wants to play for 8 effin years non-stop just to see GR 150.

3rd - Primal changes and stash changes EFF YEAH!

4th - They massively buffed LoN set bonus....should this not allow for certain peeps to start trying out those odd builds? I know there's a certain build I've been yearning to try on Monk with it.

5th - Did you honestly expect sweeping item changes and extensive testing on them in a short time period? EFF NO! Lets see if they actually have a true PTR test period during season 16 with changes to the game before we throw them completely under the bus. That's when I'll personally make my decision on the game.

Just my 2 cents, as little as it means.
Stupid question I guess, but I will ask anyway.
So, when they decide on final numbers for the sets - are those going to apply to the sets that we already have (seeing that it's the set bonus that's getting the boost rather than an individual item, that should be feasible, right?) or is the entirety of our gear going to get outdated and we'll have to farm and augment everything all over again?
Is this an out of season April fool´s joke?

I stopped playing D3 because I hated how well the sets were performing and we were basically forced to play these few builds. And what they do? Increase the numbers..

Blizzard! Don´t you guys have PCs? Please don´t focus solely on phones and sometimes use your PCs as well and check the forums. It´s really not that hard to figure out what we want.
11/19/2018 12:37 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Having a free primal is actually something that has come up on the forums, I just never thought they would do it.

Yeah, but let's be honest here. You know as much as me that your next guaranteed Primal shall be BT boots ;)
So, when they decide on final numbers for the sets - are those going to apply to the sets that we already have (seeing that it's the set bonus that's getting the boost rather than an individual item, that should be feasible) or is the entirety of our gear going to get outdated and we'll have to farm and augment everything all over again?

I can't say for sure, but I can tell you how they were handled in the past.

ALL sets get updated to the new set bonus numbers, whatever those end up as. What did not change in the past, were Legendary items that got updated. Those you had to get a new drop.

So if it works the same, your gear won't be outdated.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
11/19/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Pja
So, when they decide on final numbers for the sets - are those going to apply to the sets that we already have (seeing that it's the set bonus that's getting the boost rather than an individual item, that should be feasible, right?) or is the entirety of our gear going to get outdated and we'll have to farm and augment everything all over again?

Yes set changes like these are retroactively changed so, NO you don't have to re-farm the set. Now if it's a LEGENDARY power on an item that changes or is added to it then, YES you have to re-farm that particular item.
11/19/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Lucca
and stash changes EFF YEAH!

Pretty sure it specifically said Armory and not Stash. Meaning we should have more slots to save builds in for quick swapping.

Not more stash space.

If it's more stash space I will have to start checking for raining toads and dogs n cats getting hi-rises together...
Lmao.
Thanks MissCheetah and Lucca!

Ok, something new to look forward to then. It's not like we got an xpac, but this is, honestly, more than I had hoped for after the recent events...
time to 4-man powerboost those gems for Caldesann's Despair...:(
-get on those leaderboards within the first week rofl.
cut this direct from the PTR news page

Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure the 2.6.4 launch is as smooth as possible for all our fans.

Ahem.

*edit, by bringing down I mean either caused errors on the backend, or the method i found was so popular that with 'everyone' doing it, it caused problems, end edit*
To date I have been responsible for bringing down the following games, just by screwing around and asking myself "i wonder if you can do this......"

Ultima Online
Ultima Online: The Second Age
Star Wars Galaxies (the first one, at launch, before SOE ever got involved)
City of Heroes/Villains
Aion
Practically every Command&Conquer ever made... actually this list gets a lil long the point is....

are you SURE you WANT me to ACTIVELY try this? :D :D :D :D