Thoughts on current PTR numbers?

Wizard
Right now we have two builds dominating leaderboards: TR meteor shower and FB starpact.

Having played both extensively this season (gr115 4p/gr105 solo) FB appears to be far ahead of TR in groups (probably around 50x damage due to density scaling). It is much less clear cut in solo, where solo leaderboard is dominated by TR (with a few exceptions). This is probably due to the higher skill level required to play FB well.

In current PTR notes (that will likely change) TR got 4x bonus... What do you make out of it? Seems like it will leave FB in the dust for solo but won't make a dent in group meta. Any other thoughts?
What about Del FO build? It is current #2 on US leaderboard, and it is getting a >2x buff.

Del FO has a lot more cc/mobility and it is going to be a lot less squishy than TR meteor.
11/21/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Andrey
(probably around 50x damage due to density scaling).

...? Tal Rasha star pact was never that far behind Firebirds in terms of damage. I mean in the first place that's impossible because FB set multiplier isn't that much higher. TR just has less defense bonuses and a harder time fitting in other crucial defensive bonuses. There are too many useful rings at the moment and firebirds can easily slot in EW because it uses fairly standard set slots. The EW set's main purpose over F&R is that you save a ring slot. Otherwise F&R has a higher multiplier anyway. With the free RoRG bonus, this actually helps TR a lot. Now it doesn't need to have the amulet slot occupied so it's free to run EW and COE for free... or that should help it, but it's kind of a wash.

Unfortunately Tals can't run Black Hole at the same time as Arlyse or Karini. 3 arcane skills, 3 skill slots left and neither armor skill procs TR bonuses by itself. That will be the real problem area.

It will still be stronger than FB because it's got like 3x the multiplier. The only way Firebirds can catch up to that is by running an archon black hole variant. ie something like this:
https://www.d3planner.com/186765790

Which Tals can do too, just much more risky (and the other one was risky enough):
https://www.d3planner.com/925941464

I think the standard version will look something like this:
https://www.d3planner.com/980607062

Obviously all of these assume the RoRG season bonus.

Edit:
Vyrs might also have a place in 2p (and perhaps solo) settings (actually it probably already does, but these rolls are hard to get):
https://www.d3planner.com/825115450

In 2p pushes much of the time is spent fighting the RG, so Vyrs' ability to stack stricken faster is nice. Like with FB, the extra ring slot does it some good, except that it does it even more good because Vyrs needs Swami and Fazula (and Nilfurs) by default, so RoRG is practically necessary for vyrs builds that would like another armor slot. For 4p, I don't think it can reach Tals levels without heavy tweaking.
11/21/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Andrey
Right now we have two builds dominating leaderboards: TR meteor shower and FB starpact.

Having played both extensively this season (gr115 4p/gr105 solo) FB appears to be far ahead of TR in groups (probably around 50x damage due to density scaling). It is much less clear cut in solo, where solo leaderboard is dominated by TR (with a few exceptions). This is probably due to the higher skill level required to play FB well.

In current PTR notes (that will likely change) TR got 4x bonus... What do you make out of it? Seems like it will leave FB in the dust for solo but won't make a dent in group meta. Any other thoughts?
I LIKE IT VER MUCH, esp for my "fun build" as in a LoN Wizard without meteors :D #excited
For tal starpack. Wouldn't it still be more powerful then wizard using just 3 elements (3000x3) instead of Firebirds 4000%?
So wouldn't that allow more freedom in being able to use black hole, wave of force and metoer for arcane skills? Or is the loss of defense in not having the 4th element make it to squishy?

I'm thinking in line of using disentgrate, lightning skills and choice of cold skill
@shadowforge I like your thinking of using just the three multipliers, but ray of frost would be better for this idea than disintegrate to achieve this. When the buffs expire might mess up your meteor dropping rotation tho. Needs experimenting with
Something like this : https://ptr.d3planner.com/164158050
Low para and gear players would use APD's and or mutilation guard
I very much like the idea if running tal sp archon of having the necro holding off on frailty until you re-enter archon
12/16/2018 01:52 PMPosted by shadowforge
For tal starpack. Wouldn't it still be more powerful then wizard using just 3 elements (3000x3) instead of Firebirds 4000%?
So wouldn't that allow more freedom in being able to use black hole, wave of force and metoer for arcane skills? Or is the loss of defense in not having the 4th element make it to squishy?

I don't think the Tal stacks refresh unless you're at four. How do you keep the buff up with only three elements?
Thats what i was saying^ But simulation suggests you just ignore it and it works out somewhat ok. In practice, it probably means you delay casting to allow stacks to reset and then go back to double drops in arcane cycle

**the only time you will have problems is when the stack ends between starpact being cast and landing.
I didn't realise you had to have all 4 elements to refresh it with 2.

What is everyone's opinion on using augulds shoulders bracers? Like we did Durning season 6 twister? From what I noticed on ptr. The tals SP that was ran deleted white mobs way faster then Firebirds did but was leaving elites at high health. Or was that just user error? Also if pestilence isn't rgk you won't have the option of lotd elites down after whites are go.

The other thing I was wondering is would cubing/Wearing herbadash along with (drawing blank) current belt for Firebirds SP. To make the rotation more friendly? You can wear nilfers so that opens the cube slot up.
Of course to do that you would have to drop EW set in order to drop tals belt.

Or would nilfers/illusory boots wear/cube just to avoid being stuck when moving from stack point be more effective?