Blizzard's old take on Seasonal legendaries

General Discussion
11/26/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Saidosha
Personally, I have no issue with this RoRG buff becoming a full-time option as a result of some per-character activity. Like if you cube 9 RoRGs, you now get the bonus without the ring. Something like that leaves it available for everyone and adds a small milestone for people to chase in both modes.
One out of 3 of your paragraphs are right one the money, and this one is it. Well said, and sensible. A good idea.
11/27/2018 02:38 PMPosted by StoneOld
11/26/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Saidosha
Personally, I have no issue with this RoRG buff becoming a full-time option as a result of some per-character activity. Like if you cube 9 RoRGs, you now get the bonus without the ring. Something like that leaves it available for everyone and adds a small milestone for people to chase in both modes.
One out of 3 of your paragraphs are right one the money, and this one is it. Well said, and sensible. A good idea.
This is not a bad idea. If seasonal players get the buff handed to them, it makes sense that it should be either given freely or earnable in non-seasons. Unlike seasons, non-season players earn their gear rather than have free sets and a soon to be primal item being given out for relatively modest effort.
By the time you earned the set you already found your own set. IMO that Haedrigs Gift could just be abandoned.
11/25/2018 08:27 PMPosted by DTMAce
I understand you don't do seasons, but obviously this is what Blizzard has decided to do. Frankly I don't know why they wouldn't make it game wide, other than it could affect the leader boards there in a way that would later upset others who were holding a top spot without the buff or something.

NS leaderboards have "Eras" that mostly coincide with seasons. That kind of nukes this as an argument.