My goodbye letter to Blizzard Entertainment

General Discussion
As the title says this is my goodbye letter to blizzard entertainment

I joined blizzard gaming back when Diablo 1 came out i then purchased warcraft
Warcraft really wasnt my cup of tea though but i had alot of fun playing Diablo
the story was very good in fact it was excellent it was a masterpiece then diablo 2
arrived and that added to the entire diablo franchise adding runewords as well as many other great features
and everytime i played diablo 2 i enjoyed every single bit of it then i found median xl years later for diablo 2
now this was friggin AWESOME it gave me new things to do with diablo new uber bosses new runewords it was not for the fainthearted trust me although i know you dont like modding now i played median for quite some time Then one day i heard there would be a diablo 3 man i got all excited i was like man i gotta go out and pick this one up.
The thing was i was setting myself up for a BIG TIME DISSAPOINTMENT the thing was it looked great although i hadnt played it i was watching the development of D3 the art looked great then the game came out finally i rushed down to the local gamestop Blindly without thinking. I think that was my first mistake because if i had know D3 was this bad i never would have bought the game. now i will explain. The Grind this is one of the worst parts of this game
Endless farming and rerolling gear over and over it never ends 8 hours every day of rerolling items over and over again and then ya made it worse later by adding Primals it is funny i have played the last 5 seasons and not once recieved a primal i can use for my current build. funny thing is i look at leaderboards and see players have many primals this i do nott understand because i work my !@# off trying to aquire good gear to climb leaderboards but nope never even get on the board. Level progression is just the worst after about 600 paragon xp starts slowing waay down. for years i watched you blizzard Totally nerf very good builds it was a thing you did season after season after season. that was the thing i liked about d2 was that if i did not like what you did i could alyays go down to the previous version. cant do that now because you want control. then we had the auction house it looked great then it hit rock bottom because you did not know how to manage it correctly so what did you do you took it away. you could have left straight across trades between characters but nope it was all removed.I will not go into the story and tell you how badly that is because well you know you screwed that up.nor will i mention the skilltree or attribute points because these are also what made diablo 3 a FAILURE. i say failure because it is the truth the worst part is that
I dont even belive you tried Really put forth effort into diablo 3 to make it somewhat more enjoyable. the reason why i say you havent put forth effort is because 1 min you start work on d3 then you pull guys off that project and move them over to wow then bounce them over to Overwatch. It is funny i imagine you guys as little ping pong balls starting projects all over the place but never really finishing anything. i have seen this behavior tho and i call it being scatterbrained. thing is when you behave in this matter you begin to lose the PRIDE in your work because you never finish what you start.
That is how i look at D3 a project that was started and never finished. Diablo 4 may come out i will definetly sit back to see how it works out so as not to make the same mistake of running down to gamestop blindly and throwing hard earned money in the trash like i did on d3. it has left a bad taste in my mouth
if and when d4 is made i hope you take my advice and spend ALOT of Quality time to develoup a good game NO LOOT BOXES DAMNIT so that you can redeem yourself from where you are now in d3 Good luck blizzard i wish you the best i hope you can take what i have said not as a bad thing but just a customers viewpoint as i wish you to make only the best games. i will play out the rest of my season and then uninstall battlenet good luck to you blizzard i wish you the best

another thing there is always gonna be haters that give that thumbs down but haters will be haters and i am not here for your entertainment trolls lol
10/13/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Trousertrool
another thing there is always gonna be haters that give that thumbs down but haters will be haters and i am not here for your entertainment trolls lol

No, I downvote cause of silly childishness like this and your post. You didn't bring anything to your post other than a goodbye letter you might as well could have sent over Facebook.

But goodbye then.
No one cares, here on the forum or at blizzard, they wont see or read this, since we all know just how much attention they pay to this forum based on the amount of blue we see.

Real quitters just leave in silence. You will be back.

I give you a thumbs down because you put out a massive wall of text without any regards for formatting or ease of reading. Now that's something I wholeheartedly hate. If you want to convey a message somewhat successfully, I suggest taking a few moments to fix that. Otherwise, I doubt anyone's going to even bother going through that eyesore. I know I didn't.
10/13/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Caladon
No one cares, here on the forum or at blizzard, they wont see or read this, since we all know just how much attention they pay to this forum based on the amount of blue we see.

Real quitters just leave in silence. You will be back.

I have to agree with you Caladon no one at blizzard cares from the day this game arrived blizzard has crapped on it over and over. funny thing is einstien said the definition of madness is a person who does the same thing over and over again but yet expects different results. and well that is what this game feels like.

as far as me coming back next season forget about it this game is garbage and the only reason i used battlenet is for diablo but that is over now
10/13/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Blashyrkh

I give you a thumbs down because you put out a massive wall of text without any regards for formatting or ease of reading. Now that's something I wholeheartedly hate. If you want to convey a message somewhat successfully, I suggest taking a few moments to fix that. Otherwise, I doubt anyone's going to even bother going through that eyesore. I know I didn't.
yea i have to admit it is not my best work
Good Luck And Good Bye Then.....You Will Comeback In About 20 Days Later
You are blaming your own incompetence, failed achievements on the game mechanics?

First of all you don't need primal. The gears are not too difficult to acquire given efforts.

I see a lot of d2 worshippers incapable to properly socialize and organise group games. D3 is not a solo game. It's a mmo disguised in arpg. Social skills is big on getting good efficient farm rates.

Never solo when you can group if you want to progress in terms of gears, gems etc.

Until you realize d3 is different than d1/d2, you won't have fun. They are completely opposite games and requires different approach to progress.
Yeah these people are complete trolls. Don't take seriously.
I see a lot of d2 worshippers incapable to properly socialize and organise group games. D3 is not a solo game. It's a mmo disguised in arpg. Social skills is big on getting good efficient farm rates.

See what you FAIL to realize is this when i went to purchase this game I went to purchase an rpg horror hack and slasher. NOT a MMO RPG get along gang chat lets hang out and spoon in a group all that was said was alot of hype oh diablo 3 will be so grat ohh ohh oh it was a pile of garbage
Weren't your entire point of saying goodbye, then why keep replying with childish nonsense? Wont leave until you recieve a ban? Cause you are on the right path then.
And you seem rather fixated on a certain part of yourself. May I suggest google or talk with someone about it other than us, cause you know.. Game forum = game topics.
10/13/2018 08:02 AMPosted by FuturePhunk
Weren't your entire point of saying goodbye, then why keep replying with childish nonsense? Wont leave until you recieve a ban? Cause you are on the right path then.
And you seem rather fixated on a certain part of yourself. May I suggest google or talk with someone about it other than us, cause you know.. Game forum = game topics.
yea it was to say goodbye but i also know that these forums are very Toxic the point of my topic was to say i am dissapointed and that Blizzard entertainment did not even try to make this game better the original diablo 1 and 2 they are masterpieces finely tuned works of art with a rich storyline and d3 well it just went off into poof. thing is i was hoping that blizzard might read and possibly think next time as to what some actually expected out of them because this is an entirly different game than what i thought it would be in fact i dont think it deserves the diablo name it does not live up to it i feel like i threw my money in the trash years ago
I get what you are saying, but the way you wrote about it and decided to come with some childish things on top of that was not needed.
I, myself, got opinions on how D3 could have been better and what I miss/want from a new game. I don't think Blizzard is too big of a company that wont listen to their audience. But they wont come here asking for advice or ideas. That would stur up a storm.
On a sidenote, toxicity comes from many places and you kinda went full on it in this thread alone.
10/13/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Trousertrool
10/13/2018 08:02 AMPosted by FuturePhunk
yea it was to say goodbye but i also know that these forums are very Toxic the point of my topic was to say i am dissapointed and that Blizzard entertainment did not even try to make this game better the original diablo 1 and 2 they are masterpieces finely tuned works of art with a rich storyline and d3 well it just went off into poof. thing is i was hoping that blizzard might read and possibly think next time as to what some actually expected out of them because this is an entirly different game than what i thought it would be in fact i dont think it deserves the diablo name it does not live up to it i feel like i threw my money in the trash years ago

Trousertrool - "!@#$ all of you and the %^-*ing horse you rode in on, you !@#$%^-s!"

Trousertrool - "Also, the forums are very toxic."

Yeah, you're not exactly the victim here.

-------

Of course they tried to make the game better. D3 is very different from what it was 6 years ago.

And if you've been playing it for 6 years, then I'd argue you got your money's worth out of it and more.
As the title says this is my goodbye letter to blizzard entertainment
Good-bye.

10/13/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Trousertrool
yea it was to say goodbye but i also know that these forums are very Toxic the point of my topic was to say i am dissapointed and that Blizzard entertainment did not even try to make this game better
Now, if you would just say "good-bye" to the "Blizzard Entertainment" forums and let the rest of us get on with our (gaming) lives.
Those are some hellacious run on sentences, my man. ;) (Just messin with you, dont take it to heart).

All jokes aside, I think its a bit over the top to throw the towel in on an entire studio over a single game. Blizz is a big company and is only as good as the people they hire. Bad management and poor decisions happen, sacrifices are made to cut costs. All they can do is take the feedback that they get and use it to better the next one. The game isnt all bad, imo and in the opinion of plenty of others. I mean from the sound of it, if you're putting in 8 hours per day since the game was launched til now on what is essentially a single player game with a fairly short campaign.. I'd say thats one hell of a game to keep you entertained for so long and that you got your money's worth and then some. Blizz cant help if you eventually tire of the game.

If you're getting frustrated, its ok to put it down and come back to it later. Go play some Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, or Torchlight 2 if you still want another ARPG to scratch your itch. All of which are really good imo. I also really enjoyed The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.. the first one anyways. You want a game with mods? Torchlight 2 has an incredible modding community that offers near infinite replayability and the game is an absolute blast.

Anyways, hang in there. Games are games, dont take them so seriously.. they're supposed to be fun. The moment you start thinking the game is a grind or it's work, thats when you need to move onto something else for a while.