Downvoting

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/01/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Meteorblade
That breaches the Code of Conduct.

I remember a thread where you accused me of something, when I did the same, you then proceeded to link and list the rules on a forum.

Just to spice things up here and to tell those whom read, how you handle a discussion.
Good idea. It's a tool that allows a person to substitute childish "lashing out" for actually having to formulate an intellectual response to something they do not like or agree with.
Good to see it going.
There ought to be a vote kick function on the forum.
11/01/2018 07:15 AMPosted by FuturePhunk
I remember a thread where you accused me of something, when I did the same, you then proceeded to link and list the rules on a forum.

Feel free to provide a link to both of these occurrences.
If it wasn't for bots "downvoting" everything we wouldn't have a problem.
;)
11/01/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Feel free to provide a link to both of these occurrences.

That post was locked and further deleted. But I've seen you attacking people on here, when you got called out, you then proceed to talk about the rules etc.
Just figured people should know this, since you cannot discuss a subject without acting up :)
11/01/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Shoehorizon
Good idea. It's a tool that allows a person to substitute childish "lashing out" for actually having to formulate an intellectual response to something they do not like or agree with.
Good to see it going.

If you categorize all disagreements with your statements as childish and "lashing out", you are probably the child in the situation. Adults are perfectly fine with disagreements.

I cannot understand how a single number going up or down constitutes an attack against you. Up/downvoting is the smallest possible nod or shake of the head. If you consider that "lashing out" you need to grow up. It's patently childish.

Beyond that, your forum trash does not obligate anyone's response. Trolling, tired or just plain bad ideas don't always need a written response. Your ideas, everyone's ideas, just aren't that important. Get over yourself.

Up/downvote. Shrug. Move on.
11/01/2018 09:37 AMPosted by FuturePhunk
But I've seen you attacking people on here, when you got called out, you then proceed to talk about the rules etc.

1) Disagreeing with someone is not an attack
2) Saying you don't like someone's ideas is not an attack
3) Calling someone out because they don't agree with you is
11/01/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Meteorblade
1) Disagreeing with someone is not an attack
2) Saying you don't like someone's ideas is not an attack

And as I wrote before, it was in another thread. Might want to read before replying.
11/01/2018 02:17 PMPosted by FuturePhunk
And as I wrote before, it was in another thread. Might want to read before replying.

No one cares. Please take your childish school ground vendetta elsewhere. The adults are trying to have a conversation.
11/01/2018 02:20 PMPosted by TuneOut
Saying someone should stop something while doing the very same thing .... Well...

I am not following you around trying to prove a childish point by quoting deleted threads from months ago. No one cares. You are just harassing MB at this point. You've added nothing to the conversation but pettiness. We were discussing forum etiquette, you are discussing one person. You're obsessed.

You can't compare your childishness to me calling you out on it. They are not the same thing.
11/01/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Mercury
I am not following you around trying to prove a childish point by quoting deleted threads from months ago. No one cares. You are just harassing MB at this point. You've added nothing to the conversation but pettiness. You're obsessed.

You can't compare your vileness to me calling you out on it. They are not the same thing.

You cared enough to write to me about it. Strange you talk so much, when the things you state, can be directed towards yourself.
I never followed anyone around just to write to them. I read the posts and if I got something to say, I type it in.

Calling me childish and saying stuff about "adults" and hinting me not being one, is not calling me out, but rather being condescending and trash talking.

If you think I am doing something, report it and move along.
11/01/2018 03:11 PMPosted by FuturePhunk
Calling me childish and saying stuff about "adults" and hinting me not being one

I wasn't hinting.

11/01/2018 03:11 PMPosted by FuturePhunk
If you think I am doing something, report it and move along.

I did. and one last step. /ignore.
I wasn't hinting.

And there you have it. Same goes to you, thankfully you provided enough evidence for a report :)
11/01/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Mercury
11/01/2018 02:17 PMPosted by FuturePhunk

No one cares. Please take your childish school ground vendetta elsewhere. The adults are trying to have a conversation.

This FuturePhunk guy doesn't get that he is already infringing the code of conduct, and not only with me apparently. His childish and annoying behaviour is under the "Harrassment or Defamatory" code. I will copy it here so he can wake up (and grow up) a little:

Harassing or Defamatory
This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.
11/01/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Mercury
11/01/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Shoehorizon
Good to see it going.

If you categorize all disagreements with your statements as childish and "lashing out", you are probably the child in the situation.

And your forum trash does not obligate anyone's response. Your ideas, everyone's ideas, just aren't that important. Get over yourself.

Up/downvote. Shrug. Move on.

Way to give me a response that proves my point to perfection.
10/31/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Mercury
And what does it say about a post that gets enough downvotes to trigger that?

I don't know, what does it say? What does it say when your own posts get 10 downvotes, which isn't exactly uncommon, you know. That you're a troll and that your post needs to be greyed out? And if you get 40 more, be buried? Are you that bad, Mercury? Am I?

There's going to be some noise. There's going to be some seemingly random downvotes, but ultimately each one represents a single point of feedback. You don't get to tell others how they feel about a post. It's their choice alone.

If I don't, then neither do you. The thing here is, that, I, opposed to you, am not making things up, I actually have sources for my arguments, and what's a better source than Blizzard itself; if they say that downvotes are NOT to be used to bury opposing opinions, who, quite frankly, are you to say they are!

If that feedback is overwhelmingly positive or negative, the system works perfectly in conveying that sentiment.

The expected feedback was, demonstrably, to weed out toxic and trolling posts, not to bury opposing opinions. Anyone knowing what this feature was intended for, which everyone does clicking my above link do, and still use it to dissuade opinion, is abusing it. And that, unfortunately, includes our resident Green, to whom I have had this discussion, and who still "downvote" opinions, knowing damn well it's not for that purpose. The arrogance...

It isn't any more complicated than "Do you like or dislike or not care about this post?"

I agree. The concept of agreement is probably the most integrated function of the human mind. But if agreeing 10 times doesn't grey-out your post, why should disagreeing do?

MessyBurpa

Really?

edit: I see this has gotten a downvote. Was that downvote incorrectly used? Or did you just disagree? ;)

Yeah... I don't downvote, mostly because I have just explained the abuse of this... feature, but also because I'm an adult. I'm afraid you have to look elsewhere for the reason your post has downvotes. I, sure as hell, didn't contribute to them.
I don't punish people for there options down voting is kind of a useless system too me.
10/26/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Argos
Just a simple question: Why do people feel the need to downvote even if you ask a simple question or make a simple suggestion. Are there that many trolls in this forum? And why do we even have an upvote/downvote anyways?

Everytime I open to read a topic, no matter how innocent or unequivocal, it's usually penned by downvotes.

What has happened to this place? It used to be a source of comradery and sharing knowledge. Now it's full of smart alex's and rude trolls. It's a shame.

Yeah I know. Let the downvoting begin.

Because children.