Downvoting

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
I bet Activision Blizzard wishes they could do away with down voting on the Di cinematic.
11/23/2018 04:46 PMPosted by cdm
I bet Activision Blizzard wishes they could do away with down voting on the Di cinematic.
That's is a advertisement and not someone option.
I downvoted OP because I felt like it.
11/23/2018 05:36 PMPosted by ChrisCreptix
I downvoted OP because I felt like it.

Yes, and this is the reason the system is not working; 90% is just mischief votes. It's like this whole thing about unwritten rules similar to "don't mention the war"; as soon as you "whine" about downvotes, you get downvoted out of spite.

It would be all fine and dandy, had the system not greyed out at -10 and buried at -50, it wouldn't really matter, but it does and so it is.

Edit: case in point!
I solved this riddle on page 6. Three children downvoted.
11/25/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Yes, and this is the reason the system is not working;

So you say. I see a lot of terrible posts with downvotes. The system works well enough most of the time, IMO. Ultimately it is only feedback.

90% is just mischief votes.

SOURCE
11/25/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Mercury
Yes, and this is the reason the system is not working;

So you say. I see a lot of terrible posts with downvotes. The system works well enough most of the time, IMO.

90% is just mischief votes.

SOURCE
Oh come on down voting is silly and childish.
11/25/2018 11:54 AMPosted by SirSmokes
Oh come on down voting is silly and childish.

Downvoting is no more "silly and childish" than upvoting. Honestly, they are the exact same thing but intended to communicate opposite sentiments.

UPVOTE: "I agree." "Good idea." "That's correct." "That's clever/funny."
DOWNVOTE: "I disagree." "Bad idea." "That's incorrect." "That's stupid/rude."

I would take the views of those who oppose downvoting far more seriously if they were for the removal of post voting altogether rather than only retaining upvoting.
OH man they better not make these forums like wow's......ewww. Horrible, horrible.

If they do......I won't be posting anything anymore.
11/25/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Angel
OH man they better not make these forums like wow's......ewww. Horrible, horrible.

They are going to put all the forums for all games on the same software so we will get the WoW format eventually.

They will take our precious downvotes away :(

I actually LIKE them. I can just use it to disagree and move on.
90% is just mischief votes

100% of this claim was fabricated.
11/25/2018 02:01 PMPosted by MissCheetah
11/25/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Angel

They are going to put all the forums for all games on the same software so we will get the WoW format eventually.

I wouldn't even care if they took the down votes away...I just hate the wow format. Why does change have to be this hard /cry. LOL!!!
11/25/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Angel
11/25/2018 02:01 PMPosted by MissCheetah

I wouldn't even care if they took the down votes away...I just hate the wow format. Why does change have to be this hard /cry. LOL!!!

I know. I totally sympathize with you. I hate change and the new forums take some getting used to. I am still struggling with them a bit.

The notifications are nice, I do admit. I also like the advanced formatting options for guides and Wikis that can be made once you have Trust Level 3. Emojis don't totally suck either.

It just FEELS wrong, like overly tight new shoes.