Blizzard's stock was down 7% today

General Discussion
11/06/2018 12:49 AMPosted by KiWeN
It went from 68.99 to 64.34 in one weekend, that's quiet the dive...

Actually that is a one day drop... today was the first day of trading
Seeing Blizz stocks drop like this in the days after a Blizzcon, a major celebration and - lets be honest - advertising festival for the company, is utterly bizarre.

A Blizzcon should be driving interest in future products. The last thing that should be happening after it is a significant drop in stock value.

Maybe this might make it clear to them they've made a mistake. But since they've ignored other indicators of such so far, who knows. Full speed ahead, probably.
11/05/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Deralic
11/05/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Shawn
ATVI was down about 7% today because of the Diablo Immortal announcement at Blizzcon… It was funny listening to the CNBC analysts talk about it.

I hope Blizzard learns from their mistake and starts to listen to players and fans.

It honestly doesn't mean !@#$, look at their stock price across a year / 5 year period.

When they were doing BFA Beta their stock was going down because of all the bad decisions they were making. Then they announced classic and it went up and stayed up.

When they announced D:I it went down. Except they don't have anything else to announce to bring it back and BFA has seen the largest drop and biggest forum backlash out of all expansions.

Wotlk was the peak of wow subscribers and it crashed hard.
Last financial year was the peak of Blizzards share prices, now they are crashing hard.
WHere are you getting your information from?
11/06/2018 02:00 AMPosted by DashPanel

using this myself a decent tracker and it looks like the Asian market is seeing a little activity they are giving a push with smaller buys this morning (My AM any way Im ECT)

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/atvi/real-time
ATVI was down about 7% today because of the Diablo Immortal announcement at Blizzcon… It was funny listening to the CNBC analysts talk about it.

I hope Blizzard learns from their mistake and starts to listen to players and fans.

Sorry to say, but stocks mean literally nothing to if a company does a dumb thing or a good thing. Stocks don't grow organically, they're entirely manipulated by stock traders and of course most likely by algorithm.
You sorta learn this on day 1 of daytrading.

CNBC's analysts probably don't know how stocks operate on average. 7% could very well be only 7% of a very specific category of stocks, and only around 0.534% of all total stocks.

Stock value often differs from day to day, and it can fluctuate wildly.
11/06/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Tiakatt
Seeing Blizz stocks drop like this in the days after a Blizzcon, a major celebration and - lets be honest - advertising festival for the company, is utterly bizarre.

A Blizzcon should be driving interest in future products. The last thing that should be happening after it is a significant drop in stock value.

Maybe this might make it clear to them they've made a mistake. But since they've ignored other indicators of such so far, who knows. Full speed ahead, probably.

All articles I've seen written post BlizzCon has called it a major disappointment and failure - which has caused investors to sell their stocks... As long as that continues Blizzard is screwed.

Literally the recap of BlizzCon 2018 was:An old game, another old game, a game nobody wants, and some generic stuff.
This will go down in history - but as the worst BlizzCon ever.
11/05/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Odie
It wasn’t just diablo it was the entire blizzcon being horrible with no future

But diablo was a good portion of that percent loss

Keep in mind, Activision is a LOT more than just Blizzard. There are a lot of other companies under them. The fact that JUST this Blizzcon, affecting ONLY Blizzard, could affect the entire company this much, is saying something.

I don't know how to tell you this, but the game is almost certainly going to be profitable. We're not the audience it's aimed at, clearly, it's aimed at the Asian market. They're not fans of Netease either, but the game will make money.

The whole point of microtransactions is that you don't need the masses to make a profitable game, you just need 5% of your audience to spend thousands.
11/06/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Tiakatt
Crazy story: ATVI hasn't gone up post-Blizzcon since 2015. The last three years it's gone down.
11/06/2018 02:00 AMPosted by DashPanel

Obviously everyone here is an experienced stock broker with inside knowledge regarding the markets.

Or there's also a possibility people took some numbers out of context and are projecting their disappointment upon them.
It's nearly impossible to tell.
11/05/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Simplicity
It's not just about what happened, it's also about what they are willing to do. Take a look, you think they really care about purity/leaving things how it is, or do you think they are coming up with ways to just drive more money from you?

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-wins-patent-that-uses-matchmaking-to-make-you-want-to-buy-stuff/

REALLY FOCUS on that last paragraph, it hits the nail on the head.
TL;DR Activision has patented matchmaking algorithms that deliberately poison the gaming experience by pairing new players with whales to show off how much cooler it is to be a whale.
"Everyone" would like for Blizzard to respond by creating something they very much wanted like Diablo 4 or a HD remake of Diablo 2. Hell, adding several different Diablo 2 expansions packs would have been something much more significant than making Diablo 3. But no, they don't listen to their customers and just keep repolishing and sugar coating that turd of a game Diablo 3 just to make sure to milk everyone of their lunch money.

In conclusion, no one cares about what you think or what you want and just wants to make money at the expense of their customer. Do you know what happened when my boss freaked out and told us he didn't care about the patients (customers) coming to our clinic and just wanted their business/money? A month later, the place shut down and I collected unemployment.

I wish Blizzard would just step off of their pedestal and listen to what their customer wants instead of telling them what to do just to make money. But no, everyone seems to have the "CHINA IS HERE" mentality. Blah, blah, yeah make money, make money, make money at the expense of the people, blah, blah, blah. Got a cell phone? Good, that is how we can milk you out even more of your monies.

Jesus Christ, this isn't China. No one really wants to play mobile games on their phones when they live in the suburbs and have thousand dollar rigs. Diablo 3 on mobile is the poor man's version of the game @_@ Americans are trying to step up on the scale of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs; not slide back down the hill. Blizzard is obviously out of touch with their customers.
It is $3.7 billion
Time to snatch it up. Once we get the release of D3 immortal, cha ching with all those micropayments. Swimming in $$$$.
wow diablo immortal is already making a loss even without the actually game released

so much for moving into a more lucrative market haha