Seems Investors have Phones.

General Discussion
Stock -10,54%

Just Today, LOL

it seems lying to your Investors isnt a good idea

Blizzard Investor Information: "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

And:

"The team is only going to release when Diablo Immortal meets the community's high standards"

And : "Wyatt says that most of the criticism comes from being skeptical of the game, but many who have played it on the show floor started skeptical but thought it was awesome."

And: "Diablo: Immortal being mobile was decided because the fidelity of mobile phones is getting to the level of being almost equivalent to PCs."

LOL are you even for real? do you think your Investors dont have Phones?

Thought it could not get any worse, boy was i wrong.

https://www.onvista.de/aktien/Activision-Blizzard-Aktie-US00507V1098

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

No breaks on the train downward

F
How many bad decisions can a company make in the span of a week or two?
Edit: misspelling/wrong word
11/09/2018 05:07 AMPosted by W1ck3d3nd

LOL agree, thought it couldnt get any worse, but boy...
Now you know why all the best are working on DI. They need that thing completed ASAP to get into that Asain money.
11/09/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Kujo
Now you know why all the best are working on DI. They need that thing completed ASAP to get into that Asain money.

Yes they even admit it : "NetEase has been a partner of Blizzard for awhile and this partnership happened organically. There are developers here and in China working on this title. Taking a game to mobile with Blizzard quality standards can open Blizzard franchises to a new audience, especially in China where Blizzard is a strong brand."
This puts a smile on my face...
Holy, i was wrong. I tried yesterday to say that we finally got them to listen and should try negotiate for what we want. I was wrong! Seeing this, i think we should continue pressing the pedal to the max. I cannot believe what i see and read, its completely alienating.
11/09/2018 05:07 AMPosted by W1ck3d3nd

Rel. performance onNASDAQ 100 -10,69% -16,47% -6,15% -15,53%

buttttt, do u guys not have a phone, bleahhh?
11/09/2018 05:16 AMPosted by MylilPwny
Holy, i was wrong. I tried yesterday to say that we finally got them to listen and should try negotiate for what we want. I was wrong! Seeing this, i think we should continue pressing the pedal to the max. I cannot believe what i see and read, its completely alienating.

Yeah, i bet the "Damage Control Team" after this announcement was like "Holy F**k what are they doin?!"
btw stock is at -11,39% now, its now official under its starting price a Year ago!

Seems the Investros dont believe in your Mobile success, Blizzard
To be fair, I think this is mostly about investors losing hope in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Destiny. It's what they spent by far more time addressing in the investor call than Diablo Immortal.

But sure, even Reuters is reporting on the reception of Diablo Immortal. There's just no numbers surrounding that game yet, hence it can per definition not miss any targets yet.

Edit: But their stock is seriously tanking!! -13% now and currently in free fall. This is worse than I expected. It looks more than underwhelming sales, but a fundamental problem with investor trust in the company and how they are adjusting to the changing interactive entertainment landscape. Jesus what a start for J. Allen Brack.
"Mainstream media" already started ''promoting'' ACTV stocks ...

Here's report from earlier today (eSports league founder reacts to Activision Blizzard earnings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ulvamvILE

Funny thing at the end of the video there is an slide regarding the interviewers ''personal opinions'' and zero affiliates to the company.

EDIT: Another update. Btw love the title of this one: Activision Blizzard sinks after reporting decline in monthly active users

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZCepzfoGk
11/09/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Jugalator
To be fair, I think this is mostly about investors losing hope in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Destiny. It's what they spent by far more time addressing in the investor call than Diablo Immortal.

But sure, even Reuters is reporting on the reception of Diablo Immortal. There's just no numbers surrounding that game yet, hence it can per definition not miss any targets yet.

Edit: But their stock is seriously tanking!! -13% now and currently in free fall.

True, but failure to get the appropriate reaction out of prexisting consumers of your products can scare away further investment.

Simply because if your core consumer base is extremely unhappy it can be argued that a product that hasn't been released yet but is already hated by the consumer creates a great deal of investment risk and while mobile gaming is lucrative its possible with this negative view from consumers and the uncertain nature of how well it will do many may of decided to jump ship. A loss of 13% is well over 6 billion dollars of losses as well may seem small for much larger companies but this is activision and blizzard we're talking about.
11/09/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Jash
"Wyatt says that most of the criticism comes from being skeptical of the game

This isn't at ALL about Diablo: Immortal are they really that dense? If there's other Diablo things in the franchise IE a mobile game or whatever, great. But the real issue is that nobody cares about any of that. They deliberately hyped up the Diablo event and then gave us less than nothing.

They could've foregone the Diablo display entirely this year and people would've been upset, but not like this. Saying nothing would've been better than promising us something and THEN giving us nothing.

You know that's effectively what you've done, right? The only two people at Blizzcon who gave a crap about Diablo: Immortal, were on that stage. Had you not done what you did, it would've had a much higher chance of being well received. But now, it's the bane of your existence.
11/09/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Jugalator
I think this is mostly about investors losing hope in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Destiny.

Hint that Activision is bringing Blizzard down.
At what point does it get into buyout trouble....For say like a company of Disney's size to swoop in and take over.
As an investor myself, I would be would be terrified of a company that is so out of touch with their existing customer base and obviously being tone death to the feedback.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
11/09/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Kujo
At what point does it get into buyout trouble....For say like a company of Disney's size to swoop in and take over.

They might as well. Activision just diluted the Diablo series to make it kid friendly.
The stock price dropping this much has nothing to do with Diablo Immortal.
"Morgan Stanley’s Brian Nowak went further, suggesting Diablo Immortal could eventually see "more than 200 million monthly active users, and that it could generate annual earnings of as much as $2.52 a share", whilst other industry commenters estimate the game could "contribute annual revenue of up to $300 million" after launch, expecting the mobile title to “expand the franchise’s audience to hundreds of millions of players.”"