Seems Investors have Phones.

General Discussion
Updatet

-13,29%

oh boy oh boy
11/09/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Jash
"The team is only going to release when Diablo Immortal meets the community's high standards"
So basically never.

What a relief.
11/09/2018 05:42 AMPosted by mkdr
"Morgan Stanley’s Brian Nowak went further, suggesting Diablo Immortal could eventually see "more than 200 million monthly active users, and that it could generate annual earnings of as much as $2.52 a share", whilst other industry commenters estimate the game could "contribute annual revenue of up to $300 million" after launch, expecting the mobile title to “expand the franchise’s audience to hundreds of millions of players.”"

yeah thats from Poeple who have stocks and now sh*t their pants from the dropping stock, and want to hype it up, nothing more
11/09/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Howdypardner
11/09/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Kujo
At what point does it get into buyout trouble....For say like a company of Disney's size to swoop in and take over.

They might as well. Activision just diluted the Diablo series to make it kid friendly.

Fire Brack and hire Deadpool.
11/09/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Jash
"Morgan Stanley’s Brian Nowak went further, suggesting Diablo Immortal could eventually see "more than 200 million monthly active users, and that it could generate annual earnings of as much as $2.52 a share", whilst other industry commenters estimate the game could "contribute annual revenue of up to $300 million" after launch, expecting the mobile title to “expand the franchise’s audience to hundreds of millions of players.”"

yeah thats from Poeple who have stocks and now sh*t their pants from the dropping stock, and want to hype it up, nothing more

It goes to show despite that optimistic projection, investors have seen the backlash from the existing customer base and realize how out of touch the company is.
11/09/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Strix
11/09/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Jugalator
I think this is mostly about investors losing hope in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Destiny.

Hint that Activision is bringing Blizzard down.

I agree, this must be frustrating for Blizzard.

11/09/2018 05:30 AMPosted by xeNNNNN
To be fair, I think this is mostly about investors losing hope in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Destiny. It's what they spent by far more time addressing in the investor call than Diablo Immortal.

But sure, even Reuters is reporting on the reception of Diablo Immortal. There's just no numbers surrounding that game yet, hence it can per definition not miss any targets yet.

Edit: But their stock is seriously tanking!! -13% now and currently in free fall.

True, but failure to get the appropriate reaction out of prexisting consumers of your products can scare away further investment.

Simply because if your core consumer base is extremely unhappy it can be argued that a product that hasn't been released yet but is already hated by the consumer creates a great deal of investment risk and while mobile gaming is lucrative its possible with this negative view from consumers and the uncertain nature of how well it will do many may of decided to jump ship. A loss of 13% is well over 6 billion dollars of losses as well may seem small for much larger companies but this is activision and blizzard we're talking about.

Absolutely; investors love predictability and hates uncertainties.

I don't understand how they can make these predictions.

I personally wonder how well Blizzard will be able to leverage the Diablo brand in the mobile market. Diablo Immortal will be a newcomer and I am thinking MANY players will be new to Diablo and not feel the strength of the brand like, at all... This is a bonus they have that must have boosted Diablo 3 PC sales by a huge margin. I think the main risk for Diablo Immortal is that it will simply drown in competing mobile dungeon creepers and fade out of collective memory within a year post-launch. One thing is for sure; they will face some stiff competition!
11/09/2018 05:15 AMPosted by Zeox
This puts a smile on my face...

It really does... and I hate that it does.

But I have watched Blizzard stubbornly ignore clear feedback about all their games and completely dismiss it.

For Diablo, it goes without saying... delivering a mobile game to a 100% PC/console base without having ANYTHING else to offer them?

Come on... kiddies on a street corner selling lemonade know better than that.

And WoW? Those devs are so focused on doing what they want to do, to make the game easier for THEM to develop... tons of RNG, nothing left of deterministic loot, pruning, grinding for cosmetic items. NEVER a reachable goal plateau that let's you bask in your accomplishment for a couple weeks before a new tier sets new goals.

I hope it continues to drop like a rock... at some point... SOMEONE is going to get involved and clean house of these pompous, holier-than-thou devs. Why? Not because they CARE about games anymore... but because the almighty dollar is talking to them.

WE have to be the ones who care about gaming. WE have to be the ones that stop buying their excuses, promises, and garbage games. ONLY then will people understand that in gaming... you create what the players want.

We gotten so complacent that Blizzard truly believes that we'll lap up anything they slap on Battle.net and be thankful.

I guess we've had enough.
To be fair, I think this is mostly about investors losing hope in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 and Destiny. It's what they spent by far more time addressing in the investor call than Diablo Immortal.

But sure, even Reuters is reporting on the reception of Diablo Immortal. There's just no numbers surrounding that game yet, hence it can per definition not miss any targets yet.

Edit: But their stock is seriously tanking!! -13% now and currently in free fall. This is worse than I expected. It looks more than underwhelming sales, but a fundamental problem with investor trust in the company and how they are adjusting to the changing interactive entertainment landscape. Jesus what a start for J. Allen Brack.

destiny has way more active players than wow, i know because i play both games
it takes me a couple of seconds at most to get a full group going for any pve activity, and waiting in queue for pvp is max 1 minute (because of matchmaking)
Destiny 2 is a pay once and play game with close to no microtransactions, this is why it is labeled as not very "lucrative" for teh Wall Street wales
But it is a very fu cking nice game, i have 10 times more fun in D2 than in wow atm
And: "Diablo: Immortal being mobile was decided because the fidelity of mobile phones is getting to the level of being almost equivalent to PCs."

I would sincerely hope that this is some kind of a joke, like an April Fool's joke. If it isn't then something is VERY wrong.
Stock -10,54%

Just Today, LOL

it seems lying to your Investors isnt a good idea

Blizzard Investor Information: "Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world."

And:

"The team is only going to release when Diablo Immortal meets the community's high standards"

And : "Wyatt says that most of the criticism comes from being skeptical of the game, but many who have played it on the show floor started skeptical but thought it was awesome."

And: "Diablo: Immortal being mobile was decided because the fidelity of mobile phones is getting to the level of being almost equivalent to PCs."

LOL are you even for real? do you think your Investors dont have Phones?

Thought it could not get any worse, boy was i wrong.

https://www.onvista.de/aktien/Activision-Blizzard-Aktie-US00507V1098

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

No breaks on the train downward

F

I wonder if Bobby is listening? I wonder if he has a phone?
11/09/2018 08:10 AMPosted by KopaKabana

Edit: But their stock is seriously tanking!! -13% now and currently in free fall. This is worse than I expected. It looks more than underwhelming sales, but a fundamental problem with investor trust in the company and how they are adjusting to the changing interactive entertainment landscape. Jesus what a start for J. Allen Brack.

destiny has way more active players than wow, i know because i play both games
it takes me a couple of seconds at most to get a full group going for any pve activity, and waiting in queue for pvp is max 1 minute (because of matchmaking)
Destiny 2 is a pay once and play game with close to no microtransactions, this is why it is labeled as not very "lucrative" for teh Wall Street wales
But it is a very fu cking nice game, i have 10 times more fun in D2 than in wow atm

Unfortunately any studio that gets in bed with Activision sleeps with the devil. The suits over there only speak one language and that’s $$$. Loyal fans be damned it’s all about mtx schemes and unethical practices.

Well I know I’m listening ...
And there goes Wyatt again, lying to the face of even the investors. There goes the little respect I had left for him.
Dump this bloatware company into the trash compactor
It's because the investors do not understand Blizzard's or the video game industry's new business models as a whole. Investors are still looking it as solely a "buy a physical copy" from a brick and mortar business model, in which case sales could be down. They don't understand that most of the revenue these days are coming from in game purchases and micro transactions.

For example you may think that Fortnite is a HUGE success but you're not looking at the bigger picture. Fornite is a huge success because of micro transactions but it is also free to play. Blizzard has the upper hand here with people purchasing the game for 60 dollars in ADDITION to purchasing micro transactions in game.

Investors do not understand this new business model and they are stuck in the "how many units sold" mentality.

Blizzard will have the last laugh.