Does Blizz play PoE?

General Discussion
This would answer why we don’t have D4...and only get DI for the down time when they’re away from their PC.
Nope. They just play mobile games.
They don't even play D2/3, yet you expect them to play PoE?
I totally think the D3 team is playing PoE, how could they not? It’s the greatest ARPG of all time, new content every 3 months. Wow, I may have just cought them with their pants down!
They have just been deleting all of the POE threads that have been popping up the last few days in here so I'm fairly confident that they know about how good POE is, and are concerned about not being able to retake dominance of the ARPG genre.

It's too bad that they choose censorship instead of taking a hard look at POE's content compared to the content that Blizzard chooses to push on us. Another area they might consider is really looking at how interactive and responsive POE's devs are with their community.

I'm sure this thread will also be deleted though so the point is moot hah.
11/17/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Flyinshoe
They have just been deleting all of the POE threads that have been popping up the last few days in here so I'm fairly confident that they know about how good POE is, and are concerned about not being able to retake dominance of the ARPG genre.

It's too bad that they choose censorship instead of taking a hard look at POE's content compared to the content that Blizzard chooses to push on us. Another area they might consider is really looking at how interactive and responsive POE's devs are with their community.

Yeah some threads have gotten moved others have just been deleted. They know they risk losing a big fanbase to PoE.
I mean they already lost alot with D3, Most D2 fans are over at PoE.
But when all they got is a !@#$ty mobile game, even the most diehard Blizzard fanboy should start concidering a game like PoE.
I guess they only play childish, cute, colorful games so mostly app games.
If Blizz played PoE we'd have Barbarians casting spells and Sorcerers that make better archers than Demon Hunters.

Diablo may be in a bad spot right now and Blizzard may have lost their last shred of credibility, but the answer isn't to adopt the character progression system of a F2P game which promotes that kind of hybridization and non-archetypal gameplay.
11/17/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Aulus
If Blizz played PoE we'd have Barbarians casting spells and Sorcerers that make better archers than Demon Hunters.

Diablo may be in a bad spot right now and Blizzard may have lost their last shred of credibility, but the answer isn't to adopt the character progression system of a F2P game which promotes that kind of hybridization and non-archetypal gameplay.

You talk as if PoE is subpar because its a F2P game. Have you seen all its content and different synergies? Like the unique items offer up so much more then D3s.
Same goes for the character building. Same goes for the crafting and currency.
Just look at the gem and support gem system. In D3 you have a skill and rune altering it some way. In PoE support gems works similar to D3s runes but you can have up to six of them!
It can be anything from Increasing number of projectiles, increased AoE, converting damage to a certain element, cast on crit, life leech etc....
On top of that you can further improve the quality of these gems.

The point i'm making is that you have a much more complex and detailed system compared to D3. So claiming PoE is poorly designed is simply not true.
If anything D3s dumbed down system is.

I don't think there is any risk Blizzard would ever go for something like that anyway. But having classes with alot of variation isn't a bad thing.
PoE takes this to the extreme, but its great fun, like a Fully armored Mauruder using bows. Witch using Golems and Two-handed weapons.
Still at its core, majority of viable builds for a Maurauder will be for melee, du to his placement in passive tree and Asendancy points.
11/17/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Grumeral
Nope. They just play mobile games.

This. There haven't been any actual gamers at Blizzard for awhile. Just people that play games on their phones when they're supposed to be working (it shows in the "quality" of the products). It really shows when someone is only there for the paycheck.
IM playing POE atm - its a really fun game with a multitude of challenges. The skill tree is unmatched and you basically can create your own character that's individual from any other unlike the forced SETS that D3 turned into..You also can buy Micros to make yourself look different than ever other IK BARB in the channel - and they don't effect the game in one way or another.If you are lucky to get into the end game you will likely DIE ( I only play HC) and have to start over much like D2 its a never ending process that makes the game enjoyable -- IMO .. D3 is no where close to this at the moment and I have no intentions of playing it anymore. Sorry Blizzard but you lost a fan that's been here since D1 arrived.

They're moved to a different forum section, not deleted.
11/17/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Moose

They're moved to a different forum section, not deleted.

Actually some threads have been completly removed.
In the full video interview from Rykker the lead developer of happy reaper and the OG of blizzard are both stating they play more and more mobile phones.

Probably haven't touched a pc since years.
Path of exile was sweet
Nah, they too busy farmvilling and candy crushing.

This forum is for D3 discussion. Properly, any PoE thread belongs in the “Gaming and Technology” forum. It’s not really censorship to enforce that.

Further, far more threads about the state of things in general have remained than been deleted. If they were truly censoring then most of all of those threads would be gone, but they aren’t.

PoE isn’t perfect, either. Good game, yes. But if it’s THAT F’ing great then everyone would have been playing it long before Blizzcon. It’s hilarious how many people are suddenly “discovering” it. It’s a 5 year old game, people. I’ve played it off and on for 3 years. This isn’t some gem buried under a rock nobody knew about. The game has had prominence and the only thing stopping people from trying it was their own stubbornness. I can’t applaud that, sorry - especially when we’re essentially screaming at Blizzard for the same thing.
11/18/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Orrion

This forum is for D3 discussion. Properly, any PoE thread belongs in the “Gaming and Technology” forum. It’s not really censorship to enforce that.

Further, far more threads about the state of things in general have remained than been deleted. If they were truly censoring then most of all of those threads would be gone, but they aren’t.

PoE isn’t perfect, either. Good game, yes. But if it’s THAT F’ing great then everyone would have been playing it long before Blizzcon. It’s hilarious how many people are suddenly “discovering” it. It’s a 5 year old game, people. I’ve played it off and on for 3 years. This isn’t some gem buried under a rock nobody knew about. The game has had prominence and the only thing stopping people from trying it was their own stubbornness. I can’t applaud that, sorry - especially when we’re essentially screaming at Blizzard for the same thing.

Moving threads is different than deleting them. Note I didnt say anything about them moving certain threads as Im cool with that. They have deleted multiple threads that folks were constructively comparing pros and cons between d3 and POE instead of moving them. I know because I was participating in some of them. That is censorship.

You obviously missed or didnt read any of my posts about POE so im not going to bother repeating my argument here as i had crafted multiple page responses in some of the threads that were deleted and I am not interested in doing so again.
I'm sure the grunts making D3 play it, but the people making the big decisions are only playing Candy Crush on their phones.