If the Grandeur buff isn't balance breaking...

PTR Feedback 2.6.4
Maybe going forward from S17, make this buff something that can be unlocked for reaching GR90 solo or something. GR90 seems to be a good difficulty even for semi casual players like me who push on my clan LB and is a good point to allow for some potential power increase that the Grandeur buff allows.

GR70 to unlock Primals is going to be a walk in the park for all class sets going forward. Would be good to have something else to aim for at a higher difficulty.
My 2 cent: If Blizzard is going to balance with free RoRG in mind, my guess is they will indeed make it unlockable for season 17+. Simply because then they won't need to rebalance everything. And they will also make us happy.

A win-win situation.

Mark my words.
Would be nice if they let us grind out some massive amount of currency to be able to pick which primals we want because I'm fairly certain that the one that will drop after the gr70 is completed will be useless to the majority of players, hell every single one that has dropped from the caches of gear from the ptr goat and from mobs so far have been completely useless for me....

Let forgotten souls be the currency....2500+ for whatever primal we want...
Yeah, having this feature come back via an unlock would be tops if the upcoming patch is balanced with the buff in mind. The builds are already more interesting with the buff.
I'd say why not just have it unlock at gr100 for the character, and you can have it forever on that char on NS afterwards. Then for each consecutive season, if you reincarnate the character, you can unlock a new power (the power of the season theme basically) until you have a god character in non season.
Of course in season you wouldn't be able to use previously unlocked season theme.
No, the buff is ok for a season, but past that we can move on for some other nice seasonal buffs such as a 4th cube slot or something like that.
Having the seasonal buff be something that unlocks at lvl 90 would just be absurd. This game/franchise is already bleeding for content so trying to gate it is not the way to bring players back. The grandour buff would be cool as a prize/reward for reaching GR 90 in EVERY season going forward, but not as the singular seasonal buff.
11/25/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Kani
No, the buff is ok for a season, but past that we can move on for some other nice seasonal buffs such as a 4th cube slot or something like that.
This. Keep in mind that a 4th cube slot would be a strictly bigger buff than free RORG, since you can always place RORG in that 4th slot (assuming it can take jewelry).
11/25/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Fortyz
The grandour buff would be cool as a prize/reward for reaching GR 90 in EVERY season going forward, but not as the singular seasonal buff.

Um, that was the suggestion when I said 'going forward'... S16 will the testing grounds effectively to see how broken the buff is. A week's worth of testing ain't going to flesh that out. It would absolutely suck if we had to unlock the buff in S16 without any other buff from the start.

If it's not broken, the grandeur buff should be available to NS and in every season going forward as a GR90 unlock.
11/25/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Ronin001
11/25/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Kani
This. Keep in mind that a 4th cube slot would be a strictly bigger buff than free RORG, since you can always place RORG in that 4th slot (assuming it can take jewelry).

Like the girl in that taco add said, 'Why not both?'

If from S17/patch 2.6.5 going forward the grandeur buff was a staple part of the games and unlocked by doing a GR90 solo in NS or in season, they could do other seasonal themes to compliment this.