D4 is still coming

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
We just got Diablo 4. They changed the name so blizzcon wouldn't be burned to the ground.

With the look of surprise that this wasn't loved and complete lack of information on "other projects" I think this is the way Activision will move forward with Diablo.

They've been dumbing it down and trying to make an esport out it already.
11/03/2018 11:16 AMPosted by schwegs
This and d3 on switch confirm only d4s delay-if it ever comes

Not really... the switch port likely took very little time and not the entire Diablo team to do... the Mobile game (ugh, just puked a little) isn't even being developed by Blizzard... its a Chinese mobile game dev.
Yeah DI is D4.

You can already play it by downloading the Chinese ^%&* from Google Play.

Prepare to Pay to Win.
There is no proof for or against there being a Diablo 4 in the works. 'Multiple diablo projects' is so vague it can mean anything. Colororing books, cardgames, cross-overs with Overwatch.

Until it is actually announced, it doesn't exist and there's no reason to assume there is anything in the works for the PC. No hard promises, no timeframes, nothing.
our game is coming, D Immortal wasn't meant for us. And its unfortunate, but it will come. Blizzard has following the trends for a while now, and the only market they are not in is the mobile market. Which by a long run bring in the most income. It was only a matter of time, a Diablo easily works on mobile. To be honest I would pla it, but if it has auto play and micro transactions I wont touch is with a 6ft pole. D4 will come though......
11/03/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Moose
11/03/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Demonmonger
We may not agree with how they handled immortal and the announcement, but D4 is still coming, nothing changes that.

It may not be for everybody, but can we not be excited for others who only play mobile games?

No, because those people who only play mobile games and get sucked into the micro transaction crap fest are why we got what was announced yesterday. NO THANK YOU.

Not just that. Mobile gamers are the reason we got the mess that was vanilla Diablo 3 in the first place, with real money auction house and all. Well. Technically it was Xbox gamers who bought horse armor, but same thing.
11/04/2018 06:32 AMPosted by DarkThrone
our game is coming, D Immortal wasn't meant for us. And its unfortunate, but it will come. Blizzard has following the trends for a while now, and the only market they are not in is the mobile market. Which by a long run bring in the most income. It was only a matter of time, a Diablo easily works on mobile. To be honest I would pla it, but if it has auto play and micro transactions I wont touch is with a 6ft pole. D4 will come though......

Let's not kid ourselves. Immortal will have microtransactions up the wazoo, and if it succeeds we will see the same system used in Diablo 4.
please spend $40 bucks each on virual blizzconn tix to hear about it not coming yet
yes.. in dream.
D4 will arrive when Half-Life 3 comes out.

*spoilers* NEVER
11/03/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Krine
D4 is still coming

But can you trust them anymore to make a worthy Diablo 4?
I think mobile shows where their intentions lie. D4 - as little hope as I had for it - is likely to be a repeat of D3. Main stat, no skill development, paragon to infinity, sets dictate playstyle, race against the timer end game, twenty difficulty levels so you are never out of your comfort zone... I can see it now - they haven't learned a thing. RPG is gone and Diablo is just an arcade beat 'em up.
11/03/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Buckles
I have a question.

How can they possibly expand the story past the end of diablo3?

All the bad guys are gone.

The world is saved.

They concluded the story instead of leaving it open. Which was a huge mistake.

Seems to me like diablo 4 cant actually happen and all they can do at this point is make spin offs.

Learn the lore before making incorrect statements on the D3 forum... that's all I'm saying here.
On the topic of D4 or an expansion to D3, the story could've easily continued. "Evil is in the hearts of man" and now you, the Nephalem, have to deal with all the wars and BS humanity will inevitably fight amongst themselves. I guess killing a bunch of guards and soldiers with blackholes and leap attacks is a little dark, but it's a direction. You might rout out some actual demons among them.
''D4 is coming'' yeah and now I'm dreading it's arrival, how is it going to arrive? will it follow the heroes of the storm, overwatch and hearthstone way of having lootboxes? having trouble finding a legendary? well buy a legendary lootbox and maybe you will get it! seriously I'm expecting diablo 4 to be like shadow of war, diablo 3/shadow of mordor was good, no BS transactions, then comes the sequel and there's sponsorship's, 5 different editions, microtransactions and lootboxes and it just takes a big steaming !@#$ on the game
11/04/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Traveler
11/03/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Buckles
I have a question.

How can they possibly expand the story past the end of diablo3?

All the bad guys are gone.

The world is saved.

They concluded the story instead of leaving it open. Which was a huge mistake.

Seems to me like diablo 4 cant actually happen and all they can do at this point is make spin offs.

Learn the lore before making incorrect statements on the D3 forum... that's all I'm saying here.

Dude, it is called "eternal struggle between good and evil" for a reason : >
Honestly, we do not know if we're getting a D4. All they will say is "multiple Diablo projects" which can mean anything. It could be a Netflix series. It could be druid class for D3. It could be ANYTHING. But all they showed is this reskinned piece of mobile bile that NOBODY wanted. And the crowd's reaction showed that.

Maybe it turns out ok. Even so. I don't play games on my phone, but I've played every Diablo game. So now theres part of the franchise I like that I refuse to play on principle. Gaming on my phone is not something I've ever been interested in. I've tried a few games, and its never an enjoyable experience. So... yay. Thanks Blizz
"Pay awhile and listen..."
11/03/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Demonmonger
We may not agree with how they handled immortal and the announcement, but D4 is still coming, nothing changes that.

It may not be for everybody, but can we not be excited for others who only play mobile games?

Not if they are going to put lore that should have been in Diablo 3 in a mobile game behind paid transactions.
About as excited as we can be for the 30,000 players that went to Blizzcon, some paying thousands of dollars to make the trip... and all the people that bought the $50 virtual ticket to find out "the news".

Diablo fans aren't upset that Blizz made (or farmed out) a Diablo Mobile game... it's that it is ONLY mobile and nothing else was announced.

If they didn't have anything to show.. it's because they haven't been working on it for the last year. And if Kripp's "source" is correct, they were ready to announce last Blizzcon, but didn't. It means Activision did a thumbs down on the backing for it.

Plain and simple.

The worst part? All those people sitting in front of them... were mostly PC players... with some console players mixed in. They say NOTHING about any PC projects... and announce a mobile only Diablo.

"Don't you guys have phones?"

No wonder they stepped up the security at the event this year. I bet there were some seriously bent people there.
D4? Maybe someday. But not while Netease has a license for Diablo assets.

That's why you didn't hear any announcement about it. Even a "it's a twinkle in someone's eye" announcement would have helped sooth the troubled waters. The fact that there wasn't even a crumb about a new PC release tells me everything I need to know.

Blizzard licensed the assets to Netease and probably has a non-comp clause re the assets for the life of the license. This is quite typical in IP "partnerships".