I'm actually going to play Diablo Immortal

General Discussion
At the risk of triggering a bunch of people and getting downvoted to oblivion, let me just say I am going to try the game. I want the Diablo franchise to succeed and this is part of the Diablo universe. I may not spend a lot of money on it or replay it. I might just stick with D3. But I will play it and I"m willing to give it a chance.
1st comment !!!
1st down-vote !!!
thank you dude

but let me be seriously now
there is nothing wrong in "trying out" the game. It's about Acti-Blizz's ultimate "screw you" towards the "core" fan base.

Acti-Blizz could, simply, let us know there won't be any D4 / D2 remastered content before blizzcon to level down expectations (just like they did year/ few years ago).
Give peace a chance, not some trashy third party mobile game.
11/07/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Revenant
At the risk of triggering a bunch of people and getting downvoted to oblivion, let me just say I am going to try the game. I want the Diablo franchise to succeed and this is part of the Diablo universe. I may not spend a lot of money on it or replay it. I might just stick with D3. But I will play it and I"m willing to give it a chance.

The only reason why I can think you made this thread is to trigger people.
If you actually were gonna play it, you wouldn't need the feel to make this thread, you just play it.
But you know people are right now pretty mad about this game, so you are making this thread to get angry reactions.
free download?
well, i am not going to spend 1 cent on that damn thing.
Having blind loyalty to something just because "I like the franchise!" is idiotic. I learned that a long time ago. If you buy everything, regardless of quality, it just leads to the franchise becoming garbage over time.
I want the Diablo franchise to succeed and this is part of the Diablo universe.

I understand this completely, but I think that most people here feel like if this game (Diablo: Immortal) succeeds spectacularly then Blizzard will shift the franchise to mobile for the foreseeable future. Granted, the inverse could be true as well, if this game fails spectacularly, Blizzard might decide the Diablo franchise isn't worth investing in anymore and just discontinue the IP. From the looks of it, most fans seem to be happier with option #2 and are actively trying to make sure this game fails.

That's some gutsy move saying that here. If you end up enjoying it, go ahead and keep playing it, don't let anyone's opinion interfere if you're having fun.
Man these type of games and Netease and their famous predatory
micro-transactions is what has me truly bothered by this I dislike those types of games and yet we were given no news they couldn't even answer if this was going to be buy to play and purchase more stories or if it will be the micro transactions i hope it is buy to play maybe i will give it a shot but if it is free to play with micro transactions you can forget it.
Then you'll be doing your part helping Blizzard putting his focus far from PC. That's why we downvote.
If you support this game, you support their vision of making Diablo a kid friendly joke.
Having blind loyalty to something just because "I like the franchise!" is idiotic. I learned that a long time ago. If you buy everything, regardless of quality, it just leads to the franchise becoming garbage over time.

^ this !!!!!
there is nothing wrong in "trying out" the game. It's about Acti-Blizz's ultimate "screw you" towards the "core" fan base.

Acti-Blizz could, simply, let us know there won't be any D4 / D2 remastered content before blizzcon to level down expectations (just like they did year/ few years ago).
11/07/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Knucklex
micro-transactions is what has me truly bothered

as long as it can't steal any money from my bank account, i dont care it's micro-tx or macro-tx.

if it doesn't have "free download", dont even bother.....
oblivion

You called?

But in all seriousness, if you're planning to try it, go ahead. Personally I won't, simply because I don't have a phone that would play the game, but I certainly won't
spite someone who intends to play it. I as well as a number of people here are better than that.
11/07/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Oblivion
oblivion

You called?

But in all seriousness, if you're planning to try it, go ahead. Personally I won't, simply because I don't have a phone that would play the game, but I certainly won't
spite someone who intends to play it. I as well as a number of people here are better than that.

I intend to run it on my iPad Pro 9.7", the biggest screen I have that can run the game.
small off-top (sorry guys)
11/07/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Oblivion
oblivion

You called?
I love this kind of humour - seems like nothing but always makes me smile.