Blizzard, how about reconnecting with an apology?

General Discussion
Not a small one, but a big one. Not just a community manager one, but those ones where the CEO apologizes (Hey, Morhaime used to do this).

The first step to reconnect with the community is to recognuze your mistakes and take some actions. Stop the denial. It just makes you look even more disconnected.

Here's a list that may help you. Some may not agree with everything bur I tried to capture my feelings and the community in general from what I've read.

1. The damage control you tried to pull by uploading the unlisted video to YouTube. Admit it, it but was a bad and desperate move and won't happen again.

2. The disrespect towards your most beloved fans: "don't you have phones". Just say it: you are humans and overreacted against the boos.

3. The lack of respect towards Blizzcon goers. People take their precious and limited days off from work to have fun at Blizzcon and be the firsts to hear the updates of their favorite games. We from the Diablo community have been greeted with worthless updates for Diablo for the past 5 years. I know because I have physically attended the past Blizzcons only to return increasingly frustrated.

4. The hype you created to announce a switch port and a mobile game. We have been starving for any significant news. You should have known how much of a let down it is to hype us but yoy are forbidden to even mention something is in the works for PC. Times have changed and I think it's pretty clear now we need some news for the PC. Not just a generic "working on multiple projects".

5. Stop watering Diablo down. Realize that Diablo 3 was, although an ok game later, not what your players expected from the franchise. Because to many of us Diablo 3 doesn't feel to be in the same universe of Diablo 1 and 2. Lore, graphics, sound FX, music, they feel a bit distant. We want to be intimidated by demons, not just slay them. And now you are watering it down even more to reach a larger audience and market, but hurting the franchise in the process. Many of us were kids or preteens when we first played Diablo, and the dark, adult, and satanic air of the game was probably why we played this forbidden game in the first place. Please bring back the terror of the game.
The only apology I would accept is a full detailed apology for everything they've done since D3 launch up until now, followed by an official statement that they are working on Diablo title for the PC that isn't D3 related.
Oh its past that now. They can shove their apology. Heres what will make or break them from my personal perspective. Moving forward with real, PC titles in existing IP's or new IP's WITHOUT any form of loot box or BS monetization. I decided a decade ago to never buy anther game from EA, I'll do the same with Blizzard if I have to. They can go make their money in China with their mobile games.
This is actually their only genuine option.

Not just an apology, an apology followed by action that shows it's genuine.

Expectations of that are as low as those for D4 announcement were at the Con.
I don't think you're going to get an apology... plain and simple.

Doing so would basically be admitting that this is a terrible decision and they overlooked the interest in the fans and are pandering toward a intellectually soft market of mobile gamers
Apologise with actions, not words.

Sick of this cyclical !@#$ of getting %^-*ed in the !@# by blizzard with sub-par experiences of our favourite gaming franchises.
I too feel that they owe blizzconers an apology. It was a huge failure afterall. Their core fans were quite spectacularly neglected and mocked.

I consider myself a Diablo fan, and I was genuinely disappointed after the announcement, but while I'd certainly welcome an apology, I'd be happier if some good (PC) news are announced.

Also, virtual ticket videos had problems. The VOD service was of abysmal quality, despite the raised price. They should post an apology about that too.
11/08/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Spartak
Oh its past that now. They can shove their apology. Heres what will make or break them from my personal perspective. Moving forward with real, PC titles in existing IP's or new IP's WITHOUT any form of loot box or BS monetization. I decided a decade ago to never buy anther game from EA, I'll do the same with Blizzard if I have to. They can go make their money in China with their mobile games.

Not a single EA title on any device of mine either. They can shove their mtx schemes where the sun don’t shine. If Blizz is going to become that same trash bin company ... the same goes for them. I hope theyre listening ...
they dont care, do you see a blizz post?
Don't worry. They hear us.
Another necromancer resurrecting a dead OP, look at the date boys.
11/08/2018 01:45 AMPosted by Sabbath
Not a small one, but a big one.

I know thread is old but only in your dreams. Apologizing will make their partners frown upon this manner. Blizzard gonna stand with their partners because they need the connections to open up to China.
They won't apologize. Typically an apology is seen as an admittance of guilt and/or being wrong. They won't own up to that, not with investors staring over their shoulders. This is why Diablo 3 ended up as a mess.

Corporations don't admit to mistakes. They try to brush them under a rug and hope people forget and continue to consume. Might as well try to pull the teeth out of an eagle. You'll get the same results.
I am sorry that you keep playing a game for years that you seem to hate so much. In other words, go #$%#@ yourself.

That seem appropriate?
+1 from me. You should never forgive someone who haven't asked for forgiveness, because in doing so you help maintaining the in-balance that has been created in the first place, and ensuring that it definitely will happen again.
don't like playing diablo game on a 5 inch screen with no surround sound and this was the whole reason for computer gaming on a nice 21 plus inch screen with awesome graphics.
Wow they really are going to go a whole year of being mute regarding their Diablo blunder huh?
Wasn't this video deep into the millions of dislikes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA

Can't remember but I thought it topped as one of the highest disliked video on youtube and now it's only 744k.
If you were offended by the "Don't you have phones?" comment, you are a ridiculous person. Seriously. You're a frigging marshmallow if you're that soft. There was nothing offensive about his comment. And if you did take offense, that's your problem. People,especially in this country,are ridiculous when it comes to crying about being "offended". It's really pathetic. We're becoming a nation of overly sensitive cry-babies.
11/08/2018 01:55 AMPosted by EnkerZan
The only apology I would accept is a full detailed apology for everything they've done since D3 launch up until now, followed by an official statement that they are working on Diablo title for the PC that isn't D3 related.

There's no reason for them to apologize to you for anything. You're a bunch of entitled whine-asses.